Rough Ryder Reserve: New Premium Rough Ryder Line

Looking at the new ones now… the shield has changed? It’s backwards from the original and looks more like a fish than an arrowhead.

Here is the other Rough Ryder Reserve I just got. This is the RRR022 the Dude Whittler. It's definitely a knife for a Warncliff lover. Coffin bolsters, nice smooth black micarta, bomb shield. Best of all, the new Reserves aren't as thick. I included a photo to show how tightly packed it is, but no rubbing. Well made.

rrr022-01.jpg

rrr022-02.jpg

I would love to see a barlow from their Reserve line. A single clip blade with a cap lifter would also be amazing.

I just got the RRR019 Swish. It's a lockback with a swing guard. Incredibly well built- smooth as silk. Huge too- 6 inches closed. It's a keeper. I got the RRR022 whittler too. It's about 4 1/2" closed and very stylish. Not as thick as earlier three bladed Reserves.

Here are photos of the swish...

rrr019-01.jpg

rrr019-02.jpg

rrr019-03.jpg
That looks pretty nice, definitely on the large side. I'm curious though, having never handled a swing guard folder before. What keeps it from swinging forward when its open? Just pressure against the bolster?

It's kind of an engineering marvel. When the knife is closed, it's completely snug against the sides, and when the knife is open it locks into place and is as solid as a fixed blade. It does it all automatically. You don't need to guide it into align or anything.

It is large. It is as big as a decent sized fixed blade when it's open.

Here is the other Rough Ryder Reserve I just got. This is the RRR022 the Dude Whittler. It's definitely a knife for a Warncliff lover. Coffin bolsters, nice smooth black micarta, bomb shield. Best of all, the new Reserves aren't as thick. I included a photo to show how tightly packed it is, but no rubbing. Well made.

I'm partial to whittlers, and that one looks great! But as much as I love wharncliffe and sheepsfoot blades, I wish that one of the smaller blades was a drop point... I'll probably pick one up, anyway.

Have we settled on whether the shields are pinned or not?
Is it that mysterious?
I'm late to the thread, but I have a RRR on order, to my surprise.
Cinnamon bone stag and carbon steel cattleman jack. It can't have been selling very well, because I got it for under $20.

Is it that mysterious?
I'm late to the thread, but I have a RRR on order, to my surprise.
Cinnamon bone stag and carbon steel cattleman jack. It can't have been selling very well, because I got it for under $20.
Not sure if it's mysterious or if I'm just out of the loop. Do you know the answer?

Yea, I was just thinking the same thing. I just picked up the RRR barlow for $20. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Not sure if it's mysterious or if I'm just out of the loop. Do you know the answer?

Yea, I was just thinking the same thing. I just picked up the RRR barlow for $20. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
I got my cattleman jack today. It isn't a Reserve, but a Classic. And no shield at all.
It has a major gap on one side, but that doesn't worry me at the price.
I guess I won't post a pic here, since it isn't a reserve.

Back