Round up those Cattle Knives!!

Fresh out of the box photos. After taking these I spent time sharpening the blades; they had what I would call rudimentary edge bevels, it took a while, and I also took a few minutes with a diamond file to fix the choils. Spring tension is good except for the punch which is very strong. That coupled with the hollowed shape makes it difficult to open. Any rust speckles were tiny and polish on all parts inside and out are as new. I wonder how old this knife is and what company built it. Overall a very nice four bladed stag cattle knife.

I've had this I*XL 4-blade Cattle for a while; It is similar to yours, Phil.
Mine is nearly unused, with some age and handling patina, and the punch is a little stiff - not too bad!!Cattle IXL 2.jpgCattle IXL 3.jpgCattle IXL 1.jpg
Interestingly, the main blade is on the pile side spring, and is a "lefty"!! Note the slant bolsters, and Imitation Blackened Stag!!

I love these old equal end cattle knives, especially if there's anything different about them such as four (or more) blades.

Steve your Wards has the Sun making those lovely Bone Handles almost translucent - nice Knife and nice shot. 😍👍

Charlie, Great I*XL, LOVE the Punches on these.

Boy….. I don’t think that Knife has done any work in its life it’s in fantastic condition. 😍

Charlie, please tell me about the two stones with the I*XL, you have told me about the “ skull” but these are really attractive.

Oh...ok, Sue and I bought some Amber when we were in Poland, same family of Mineral Rock I guess? Thank you Charlie 🙃 :thumbsup:

I'm unsure, does a modest CASE Humpback Stockman count as a Cattle Knife? It is EE but that hump...it is nice to have a Stock knife with a Spear master for a change though. If it's wrong, 'inappropriate' ;) sorry about it.

FmgNAb2.jpg

I'm unsure, does a modest CASE Humpback Stockman count as a Cattle Knife? It is EE but that hump...it is nice to have a Stock knife with a Spear master for a change though. If it's wrong, 'inappropriate' ;) sorry about it.

FmgNAb2.jpg
I don't picture Gil Favor carrying one of those but Wishbone would for sure 😊

I got me one of the Wostenholm IXL faux black stag four blade cattle knives! Very good condition, some blade loss and a little pitting on the spey and I believe that the punch is about an eighth of an inch short but good springs and smooth walk. I can open 'er up with busting a thumbnail. Dull as received but quickly remedied that.

Back