Sailors of the Sheepsfoot Main

Officially identified as a Sheepfoot, this nice old Sheffield-made knife has Grey horn handles, and it's smaller size makes it easily pocketable!!
And lest we forget, a Sheepfoot is Oh-So-Easy to sharpen; with that nice straight edge!!!😆Grey Horn Lil 1.jpg

Officially identified as a Sheepfoot, this nice old Sheffield-made knife has Grey horn handles, and it's smaller size makes it easily pocketable!!
And lest we forget, a Sheepfoot is Oh-So-Easy to sharpen; with that nice straight edge!!!😆View attachment 1578995
Lovely knife Charlie, and it looks to be in great condition :thumbsup:

I've had this big George Butler with me today :thumbsup:

7Y9Cfve.jpg

sbAeMlt.jpg

WKWql6k.jpg
ro6W0Yu.jpg
Here’s one I didn’t see anyone share. The French Le Sabot L’Armor. Big old beast of a mariners sheepsfoot. Not the best with fit and finish though I’ll admit, although for what I was able to acquire it for vs. what I was able to find for retail pricing I’m not upset. Pic with a GEC 23 for size reference.
bF7q7uo.jpg

You have got a GOOD first one. Me really like.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you sir. I’m very happy with it! I also have early to mid seventies Case Canoe, three blade split back whittler and an elephant toe incoming next week. I’ll post pics afterwards. 😃

Back