Scrap Yard Knife Passaround

Any updates on where this is currently? Oh and ajcz please post your thoughts as well as some pictures.

Just got it. I'm confined to the house right now, waiting on a phone call about yet another estimate to fix my truck. Whenever they call me back, I'll take it out and get some pics. Either that or I'll just use it to cut my truck into disposable size pieces. :rolleyes:

Awesome. Make sure that if you use it to carve up your truck you take some video along with the photos. That would certainly be something worth seeing. :)

Well I've been busy trying to get one of my other cars in a driveable state. I didn't have time to play with it other than for a few minutes while a battery charged. I laid it down for a second and came back to a thief trying to take it. Little bugger left 4 tiny little punctures in the handle trying to drag it off :rolleyes:. I'll take some better pics tomorrow, and put it in some new pants before shipping it off. CDRules, let me know if you'd like me to cover the damage to the handle. If nothing else, I'll be happy to mail the thief to you.:p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0891.JPG
    DSCN0891.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,614
  • DSCN0900.JPG
    DSCN0900.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,068
Kiahs, dont worry about the handle. I think it will be a great story. That kitten is really cute, if I told my wife about your option to mail it to me I would probably have another animal in my household. :) Have fun with the knife and keep us posted!

I got to play with it a little. The handle is a nice size, but I see why Pit wraps his. It's a little thin in comparison to the blade. Very comfortable though. The blade is a bit thick for me, but it looks like it would hold up to just about anything. It's pretty dull. I'll try to sharpen it up Tomorrow and get out in the woods a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Make sure that if you use it to carve up your truck you take some video along with the photos. That would certainly be something worth seeing.

I'm not too far from doing it. I've replaced almost every piece of it so far. Now my entire front suspension has went to hell, and can't be driven on until I put another grand in it.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN0902.JPG
    DSCN0902.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0904.jpg
    DSCN0904.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 159
The handle on the one pit has is a little different. I dont own one of those so I can't compare the two but from what I have heard the handle for the DCDM is a little larger than the Combat Grade.
I look forward to seeing some more pictures. Thank you!

I LOVE the look of the Dumpster Mutt. I never heard of SR-77 steel. What kind of sharpening stone would hone this, diamond or would Arkansas do?

I've still got it. I got busy and didn't get a chance to take it back out. If I can, I'm going to make it a sheath Tonight. Either way, I'll have it on it's way to naked in the morning.

I've still got it. I got busy and didn't get a chance to take it back out. If I can, I'm going to make it a sheath Tonight. Either way, I'll have it on it's way to naked in the morning.

Woohoo! I can't wait! I'm anxious to compare it to my BK7.

My sister borrowed my only functioning vehicle for the day, so I didn't get to the PO. It did give me time to make some pants though. I couldn't find my hardware to make a belt loop, so I used paracord (my preferred carry method anyway). The top eyelets should be spaced about right for a Tec-Loc if you want to add one later. I'll have it on it's way in the morning and send naked a Tracking #.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0905.JPG
    DSCN0905.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0906.JPG
    DSCN0906.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 93
Awesome. Those pants look amazing, thank you very much. I am look looking foward to seeing another review but I have to admit I'm starting to miss this knife.

Cool sheath! I can't believe I never thought of wrapping the paracord that way to make a belt loop.

Awesome. Those pants look amazing, thank you very much. I am look looking foward to seeing another review but I have to admit I'm starting to miss this knife.

Thanks. It's on it's way to naked. I PM'd him a tracking number.

Cool sheath! I can't believe I never thought of wrapping the paracord that way to make a belt loop.

I like using paracord a lot better than belt loops. You can change carry method in seconds without any extra stuff to carry around.. Close to the body (closer than a belt loop can get), horizontal, angled, drop-leg, neck, ect.

One more note to add. When I got it had a pretty good speckled layer of rust. I took it off with some BC Blue/Rust remover and applied a thin coat of Outer's gun oil. So for the rest of those on the passaround, make sure you wash the oil off before using for food prep. Also remember to clean the blade and apply a thin layer of oil when done using.

Back