• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Screwed by Patriot Leather!

If OP has some emails he can share that were sent between receiving the first sheath and now, that might help support his assertion. In other words - is there evidence that he notified the maker that the envelope only contained one sheath?

I've got four sheaths from Sky, going back to when his outfit was called Skystorm--I had nothing but great service and communication. I wouldn't think twice about ordering from Sky.

This does not align with my experience with Skylar / Patriot Leather. I found him to be a solid craftsman that makes a bomb-proof product. He was also very focused on customer service and more than willing to do whatever it took to make the customer happy.

The OP might have a legitimate gripe, but I see no proof of it in this thread. IME, Skylar / Patriot Leather is 100% good to go and I would be happy to buy from him again.

Like everyone else who has posted here beyond the OP, I have no personal knowledge of what happened.

What people say happened is the most common form of "proof" of what happened in the real world, CSI myths aside. We apply the everyday tests to decide whom to believe and to what extent. Here we are seeing proof of Patriot's reputation for performance. We decide what weight to give it to counter the OP's proof.

I'd say the OP is not doing well.

This is how I see it:

1. The OP is new and does not seem to be providing a coherent, easily followed story with a lot of details. He is returning to this thread very sporadically, almost like he doesn't care enough to provide more details, though this is strictly speculation. That makes me question if he has some sort of hidden agenda here, or maybe he is blowing something minor way out of proportion to what the real problem is.

2. There is not a single person here so far that has chimed in and said that they also have had a bad experience with Patriot Leather. Yet that actually happens quite a bit in other threads when someone asserts that have had a problem with a company. Quite the contrary here--lots of folks have chimed in to say that they have had positive experiences with Patriot Leather.

3. Patriot Leather has a very extensive selection of sheaths, and has a wait time of 4-6 weeks. I don't get the impression that they are hurting for business. I don't think it is reasonable to believe that they would knowingly take payment for a sheath and then not provide the sheath. Their business would be negatively affected much more than any positive benefit they would get from an extra $100.

4. Patriot Leather came here and responded to the OP's allegation succinctly and quickly, and with specifics about their business with the OP. That says something very positive about Patriot Leather.

All in all, I tend to put problematic parties on "ignore" and make a simple choice to not do business with them at all. However, I get the distinct impression that there is more going on here with the OP than what has been stated. Everyone is entitled to their own (hopefully informed) opinion of course, but I think I am going to give Patriot the benefit of the doubt here unless something much more significant comes to light. I'll just call it a "gut feeling". Oh, and for the record, I am not a customer of Patriot Leather. I have never bought anything from them...at least not yet.

This is how I see it:

1. The OP is new and does not seem to be providing a coherent, easily followed story with a lot of details. He is returning to this thread very sporadically, almost like he doesn't care enough to provide more details, though this is strictly speculation. That makes me question if he has some sort of hidden agenda here, or maybe he is blowing something minor way out of proportion to what the real problem is.

2. There is not a single person here so far that has chimed in and said that they also have had a bad experience with Patriot Leather. Yet that actually happens quite a bit in other threads when someone asserts that have had a problem with a company. Quite the contrary here--lots of folks have chimed in to say that they have had positive experiences with Patriot Leather.

3. Patriot Leather has a very extensive selection of sheaths, and has a wait time of 4-6 weeks. I don't get the impression that they are hurting for business. I don't think it is reasonable to believe that they would knowingly take payment for a sheath and then not provide the sheath. Their business would be negatively affected much more than any positive benefit they would get from an extra $100.

4. Patriot Leather came here and responded to the OP's allegation succinctly and quickly, and with specifics about their business with the OP. That says something very positive about Patriot Leather.

All in all, I tend to put problematic parties on "ignore" and make a simple choice to not do business with them at all. However, I get the distinct impression that there is more going on here with the OP than what has been stated. Everyone is entitled to their own (hopefully informed) opinion of course, but I think I am going to give Patriot the benefit of the doubt here unless something much more significant comes to light. I'll just call it a "gut feeling". Oh, and for the record, I am not a customer of Patriot Leather. I have never bought anything from them...at least not yet.

^ Very thoughtful comment, o_t_e! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Because of this thread, I took the time to actually view Patriot Leather's website, and came away very impressed! Aside from the hundred's of very talented, artistic sheaths he's made; it was another one of his picture's which caught my attention.

I would absolutely do business with Patriot Leather, without hesitation! :thumbup:

Attachments

• 11138998_463492940472002_664813583500089703_n.jpg
    11138998_463492940472002_664813583500089703_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
Sounds like a typical communication breakdown between the 2 parties. If the OP was calling and only getting a "no voicemail setup" message, I would have done some extra legwork to find another way to make contact with the seller, especially before I waited 7 months.

As far as the OP's statement that the tracking number provided by Patriot Leather in response to a PP inquiry, tracking numbers do not stay permanently reviewable at the USPS tracking website. I know that they "die" after some unknown period of time (at least I have never found how long they are trackable) after recorded delivery. Certainly not 5 or 6 months.

Maybe Monofletch can tell us how long they are viable after delivery.

I know that they "die" after some unknown period of time (at least I have never found how long they are trackable) after recorded delivery. Certainly not 5 or 6 months.

Maybe Monofletch can tell us how long they are viable after delivery.
...... my last two USPS tracking numbers from Busse (November and December this year) initially reflected packages which had completed journeys from LA to Calgary and another than was AZ to Canada, both taking place mid-2015 (so 18 months later). About 2 days after they were provided to me they kicked in an tracked the packages from Ohio to Sydney without issue. It is known that the numbers are re-used (these are Express International so it may differ depending on type of postage used) and I suspect the old tracking is lost once the number is allocated again and scanned into the system when received by the USPS.

I have indeed nominated USPS Tracking for the 2016 Nebula Award for science fiction, but the reply from the Committee suggests that they believe I am jesting. :mad:

Well, I lost my login for my account since it's been a while, but I'm not a troll or newbie.

^ You have zero credibility! How about you share what your original BF's account (user name) was, so that we can research & decide for ourselves, your true character!?! :rolleyes:

You come on here, slam a very reputable sheath maker, make one cameo appearance, then disappear. Pathetic! :thumbdn:

I had a GREAT experience with Sky at Patriot Leather!
Fast communication and quick shipping, I'm calling BS on the OP

Why are there no respons?
Is Patriot Leather a SCAM!!
Your company took my money, in March 2017, and then nothing!
Not even a respons to BBB!
Stay away from Patriot Leather is my advise.

Bellow is a copy/paste of my last email

Once again I send a friendly request.
I have received no response regarding my order.
My order was placed on 03.11.2017
Transaction 6KY693649J511380J via PayPal. I have not received order confirmation or order number.
I hope there is a respond to this email.

I really had enough. My patience have ended.

Anders

Another joined today member? ... hmmm ... perhaps an attempt to make it look like someone else has had issues with Patriot Leather ? ... I can say I've been planning on ordering from them soon and certainly haven't seen anything here to sway me not to.

I've heard nothing but good from my friends that have dealt with them.

It seems like alot of posts lately with complaints that basically boil down to a hot head wanting instant gratification ... or someone not wanting to put time into communication.

Sad to see alot of great Craftsman and dealers having to waste time.

It seems like alot of posts lately with complaints that basically boil down to a hot head wanting instant gratification ... or someone not wanting to put time into communication.

^ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Patriot Leather have returned my money. A shame really. Now i will never know if they make quality sheats. I'm done whit them.

Another joined today member? ... hmmm ... perhaps an attempt to make it look like someone else has had issues with Patriot Leather ? ... I can say I've been planning on ordering from them soon and certainly haven't seen anything here to sway me not to.

There are a few other posts in other BF subforums where people had issues with Patriot. This is not an isolated incident. As I said before, my experience was fine. More than a few others have not had great experiences. YMMV...

There are a few other posts in other BF subforums where people had issues with Patriot. This is not an isolated incident. As I said before, my experience was fine. More than a few others have not had great experiences. YMMV...

This is what was running through my mind as well. There were always positive reviews until several that were not so good started to pop up around the site in the last year or so. I think those were brushed off to start with because there were always stellar reviews before that, but with several negative posts now I think some folks are beginning to wonder.

I'm sure every business has some dealings that for whatever reason someone isn't satisfied or took longer then they wanted.

Alot of that I attribute to lack of comminication ... maybe at times from both sides. But usually if we communicate and have a bit of patience we can work it out. And I know several service providers on here that will go above and beyond if given the chance to make an issue right ... if given the chance.

If they refunded his money then he's got that and can chose to have no future dealings.

I just hate to see posts dragging people through the mud that could be avoided with some communication.

And I respect your right to deal with or chose not to deal with whomever you are comfortable with. But you don't get so many 5 star ratings and become highly reccomended by screwing people.

And given the chance most makers or craftsmen or sellers on here will make things right in my experience if given the chance before going into more posts dragging it through the mud.

And the red flags for me two members that joined today and first posts were this? ... Even joining a month ago having 10 posts about anything and maybe it wouldn't look like simply joining to stir up crap. Just MHO

Last edited:
Why are there no respons?
Is Patriot Leather a SCAM!!
Your company took my money, in March 2017, and then nothing!
Not even a respons to BBB!
Stay away from Patriot Leather is my advise.

Bellow is a copy/paste of my last email

Once again I send a friendly request.
I have received no response regarding my order.
My order was placed on 03.11.2017
Transaction 6KY693649J511380J via PayPal. I have not received order confirmation or order number.
I hope there is a respond to this email.

I really had enough. My patience have ended.

Anders

Patriot Leather have returned my money. A shame really. Now i will never know if they make quality sheats. I'm done whit them.

Come on are you kidding. I highlighted the grammar and spelling mistakes in red from this 39 year old male who joined Today (8/3/2017) to plead his case against Patriot Leather. Also posted an exact copy of the first section on another thread. Spelled Patriot Leather correctly, but not "with", "below", "response". Used a question mark correctly in the first sentence, but !! at the end of the question in the second sentence. This can't be a real person or if it is not a real scenario.

Back