• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Screwed by Patriot Leather!

The company I work for was attacked a few months back by a barrage of negative reviews, and bad-mouthing in dozens of different forums. All accusations were completely bogus, all using fake names who had never even purchased anything from us. We found out later that one of our competitors had hired this "bad marketing" campaign against our company. It's dumb, but it is effective. We had to spend a lot of money to clear our reputation on the internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if those types of things don't start creeping into BF or other knife forums.

Smelling like fish that washed up on the beach on a hot sunny day.
Joe

Come on are you kidding. I highlighted the grammar and spelling mistakes in red from this 39 year old male who joined Today (8/3/2017) to plead his case against Patriot Leather. Also posted an exact copy of the first section on another thread. Spelled Patriot Leather correctly, but not "with", "below", "response". Used a question mark correctly in the first sentence, but !! at the end of the question in the second sentence. This can't be a real person or if it is not a real scenario.

Come on are you kidding. I highlighted the grammar and spelling mistakes in red from this 39 year old male who joined Today (8/3/2017) to plead his case against Patriot Leather. Also posted an exact copy of the first section on another thread. Spelled Patriot Leather correctly, but not "with", "below", "response". Used a question mark correctly in the first sentence, but !! at the end of the question in the second sentence. This can't be a real person or if it is not a real scenario.
I just think it is something as simple as English not being his first or primary language.

That being said, I am looking into getting a sheath made from them.

Smelling like fish that washed up on the beach on a hot sunny day.
Joe
Yes. A new member knows to go back in the archives and search out an old thread on this same company?

And has similar spelling patterns?

As a day old, newly joined member , I would never have known how to connect up to this old thread. And then just throw out these accusations.

I don't believe it's real at all.

I myself have purchased several custom sheaths that required me to send 2 not so cheap knives to Patriot Leather. I had great communication throughout. Received my knives and all 3 of my custom sheaths back from Patriot in a timely fashion. I would not hesitate to use or recommend Patriot Leather.

Read the "changes/cancellations" page on his site. It lists what he charges for changes and cancellations:

"Returns And Cancellations​

Cancellations​

We have many products and options so it is best to settle on exactly what you want before placing an order. All orders are automatically sent to our cutting department as soon as they are placed. During this process we incur irreversible costs in both materials and labor.
Therefore, while we understand that orders might need to be cancelled at times, we are unable to do it free of charge. We strictly adhere to the following cancellation policy:
  1. Orders cancelled before cutting: 15% Cancellation Charge
  2. Orders cancelled after cutting: 50% Cancellation Charge
  3. Orders changed before cutting: No Charge
  4. Order changes after cutting (Color, Model, Etc): 50%

Returns​

Your order is in no way pre-fabricated - it doesn't even exist until we build it from raw materials. Every product on the site is custom built according to the specifications you choose before checking out. As such, we cannot accept returns or exchanges unless the error was our fault.
  1. No exchanges for different colors
  2. No exchanges or upgrades to different models or knives
  3. No add ons after the Sheath has been built
  4. No returns"
How in the heck can you ever make a change, or cancel an order, and avoid a 50% charge, if "All orders are automatically sent to our cutting department as soon as they are placed.? That statement makes any request to change or cancel an order impossible, without a 50% charge. Seems like he should just say that from the start. His street address isn't present on his site, or in customer communications-just the city. BBB lists his address, and it is a house. So where's the "cut department"? The basement?

One thing is for certain, it's difficult running an e-business these days when out of a thousand transactions you can get your name muddied by one unhappy customer.

One thing is for certain, it's difficult running an e-business these days when out of a thousand transactions you can get your name muddied by one unhappy customer.
It also doesn't help when the business owner is a rude jackass. Did you miss his posts in this thread?
Maybe you should read, before you defend.

It also doesn't help when the business owner is a rude jackass. Did you miss his posts in this thread? Maybe you should read, before you defend.

My statement was directed in a more general fashion. I'm not defending anyone.

Back