Attention Select Your Favorite Brown Tone for Sawcut Bone!!

Brown Tone Options - (alphabetical)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a side by side of antique yellow on the right and copperhead in the middle. Copperhead has some red hue to it.
CAyRhZD.jpg

4F36D134-2230-4DB6-944B-199484C2714E.jpegDD0BB236-DCEE-4DD5-A2C5-84CDF2273488.jpeg

This is Copperhead. It is slightly more on the reddish/copper side than the Antique Yellow/Chestnut. Also, Copperhead does not have the yellow undertones that Antique Yellow/Chestnut have.

I cannot see any difference between Antique Yellow and Chestnut. Those of you preferring that hue should pick one or the other. Otherwise you are just going to split your votes.

I'm in Camp Copperhead until I see a picture of something I like better

EDIT: Do we know yet, what if any bolster design might be. I just think if it's an outstanding bolster, Dark Brew or Hemlock might make it pop. Just don't know ... Copperhead ... for now, but change is an option

Last edited:
😉

And, in the last thread, everybody said green hemlock was a red. If a red can sneak into the Which Brown poll, ivory should be able to get in, as well. It's just a slightly lighter sepia, right?
And all the "anything but red" voters owe the "white" voters for switching their votes to "brown", so they should now vote Sepia in gratitude. ;)😁

I have wondered that myself!! They are either very similar, or the naming was subject to some vagaries, back in 2012!! I expect some variance with stated colors from GEC!! :rolleyes:
Here is a copperhead that has covered many miles, and much experience in 9 years!!View attachment 1587004
Thank you for posting a picture of a WORN knife waynorth waynorth . I haven't been around in the world of trad. slip-joints for very long and this forum knife will also be the first in bone for me. Seeing how it ages is very helpful considering the aim of this poll - to get the most awesome knife :thumbsup:
Also, thank you for taking charge and keeping some degree of sanity in this delightful circus show 😄

Apparently there was also a sunfish in hemlock in 2010. Here are the best hemlock picks I was able to find. Not quite how I remember from a pic a long time ago in some random thread, but still nice. Like antique yellow but with reddish brown undertone rather than yellow…?
EA80FB5E-1514-4ADB-9F8E-923E77E31EB4.jpeg
EBEF78EC-2892-4E50-9C15-9A8533F32C69.jpeg

Those antiques, copperheads, and chestnuts look like there is a lot of varying overlap in the runs. Some pictures of antique yellow look great followed by a picture of antique yellow that fell into the copperhead dye.

I had a Hemlock Green #66... Looked mostly Dark Brown with "maybe" a hint of Red at the bolsters.
As far as I know, it was only used on these Stockman knives... not sure how it would look on Saw Cut. (not my picture)
I have a Copperhead Sawcut and never liked it because of the Reddish Brown . The Hemlock Green is my choice because the Caramel is not available . I want something different than Same Old Same Old and your photo of the Hemlock #66 is looking pretty nice with some hints at how it would wear in .

Harry

It will be hard to go wrong with any of the choices. I’m a big fan of Hemlock Green - it’s a color that has a lot of depth and can be difficult to capture in pictures.

Copperhead is an easy choice because we have a lot of examples from past runs to base our decisions on.

However, Hemlock Green is a rare color, never done in Sawcut, and could go a long ways towards making our forum knife unique and special. It’s a bit of a long shot but it’s a color that is nice and rich - it has my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back