Attention Select Your Favorite Brown Tone for Sawcut Bone!!

Brown Tone Options - (alphabetical)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything but yellow would be great! I don’t think my dark brew is going to make the cut…
It will look incredible with any of these:)

It will be hard to go wrong with any of the choices. I’m a big fan of Hemlock Green - it’s a color that has a lot of depth and can be difficult to capture in pictures.

Copperhead is an easy choice because we have a lot of examples from past runs to base our decisions on.

However, Hemlock Green is a rare color, never done in Sawcut, and could go a long ways towards making our forum knife unique and special. It’s a bit of a long shot but it’s a color that is nice and rich - it has my vote.
I’m starting to lean this way myself, for all the reasons you list, even though I have an affinity towards copperhead in general.

Apparently there was also a sunfish in hemlock in 2010. Here are the best hemlock picks I was able to find. Not quite how I remember from a pic a long time ago in some random thread, but still nice. Like antique yellow but with reddish brown undertone rather than yellow…?
View attachment 1587042
View attachment 1587043
The jigging and bone on the sunfish looks a lot like the bone on a Northwoods Muskrat in Italian Jigged bone that Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville gave me in a GAW a few years back. Since that knife has the most beautiful scales I have ever seen on a knife, I am definitely on board for Hemlock for this knife (even if it isn't actually the same color/texture).

The jigging and bone on the sunfish looks a lot like the bone on a Northwoods Muskrat in Italian Jigged bone that Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville gave me in a GAW a few years back. Since that knife has the most beautiful scales I have ever seen on a knife, I am definitely on board for Hemlock for this knife (even if it isn't actually the same color/texture).
That’s a good call! I own one of those Northwoods, too, and you’re right, very similar, very beautiful. Also red to me, though.

Wish I could see the hemlock in person. You guys make a compelling argument, but the pics of the jigged just look meh to me. I’m sure it’s better than it looks from the descriptions.

Whatever we settle on here, it’s gonna be a big ol slab of it on an 86! Should be a great knife.

Voted for copperhead and was somewhat surprised it was in the lead. Honestly, with this pattern any of the choices will look great! 😃

Wish I could see the hemlock in person. You guys make a compelling argument, but the pics of the jigged just look meh to me. I’m sure it’s better than it looks from the descriptions.

Whatever we settle on here, it’s gonna be a big ol slab of it on an 86! Should be a great knife.

That really is the challenge and what will likely tank its chances - lack of pictorial examples. Sawcut carries its own character and will feature color differently than other types of jigging so we have to rely on the imagination and the testimony of those who have had it in hand.

I don’t consider Hemlock Green to be a red, especially given my own experience with it but I can certainly see where it would be viewed as such. Regardless, it’s one of the richer colors on the list so I can understand why folks would be wary of it.

The elusive Hemlock!! Maybe Socrates drank it all!! 😲 😂

P.S. I like what I am seeing of it so far!! It is richly Dark!! (and mysterious!!! Heh!!)
Pardon me Charles but how did hemlock sneak its way in to the browns....by masquerading as green but really being red so as to confuse the punters ? Dont get me wrong ...i like hemlock green....its just that...Dash it all its not brown.

Apparently there was also a sunfish in hemlock in 2010. Here are the best hemlock picks I was able to find. Not quite how I remember from a pic a long time ago in some random thread, but still nice. Like antique yellow but with reddish brown undertone rather than yellow…?
View attachment 1587042
View attachment 1587043
Most definitely looks shades of brown to me 😍😍

It will be hard to go wrong with any of the choices. I’m a big fan of Hemlock Green - it’s a color that has a lot of depth and can be difficult to capture in pictures.

Copperhead is an easy choice because we have a lot of examples from past runs to base our decisions on.

However, Hemlock Green is a rare color, never done in Sawcut, and could go a long ways towards making our forum knife unique and special. It’s a bit of a long shot but it’s a color that is nice and rich - it has my vote.
Yes, this is the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back