Serious lags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to show out, but pulling new posts for me just now, took all of .12 seconds, 872 folks on board, about the same it has been all day, I clicked the email link to new replies to this thread and again it popped open. The lags are happening, but not bad here. :confused::confused::confused:

For some bizarre reason, as soon as I posted my previous message response times came back to their normal fractions of a second.

Now I know how to fix BF response time problems, simply post a message whining about response times and, voila, problem fixed. :)

Almost as if server bandwidth is being throttled at random intervals or something. Same symptoms here, forums are fine and more responsive than ever and then, for periods lasting 1 to 10 minutes or so, serious lagging/timing out.

Your post notification to me popped both times. Keep whining and the response times should be fixed for good.:)

At least keep it up until Spark returns.

Until then all we can do is hope and whine.

Jim

Don't know what's going on guys, but tech support is supposed to be monitoring this thread.

The last 15 minutes for me have been flying right through without a hiccup.
You still beating them with sticks to get on the problem? :)

mike

Fast right now for me, too.

Spark -
1poke.gif
- tech support.

Perhaps I spoke too fast...25 seconds from Post Reply to go Advanced.

I too have been noticing some forum lag. It's off and on, I'm not totally sure it has to do with server load, but I'm no tech. All in all I would say that this forum has run a lot better than a lot of websites, so knock on wood these are just kinks.

It's been fast as hell all morning. I've been on here a few hours and not one problem. :thumbup:

mike

About one minute to make a post just now.

I'm use the latest IE this morning.

EDIT: And yet, this post went through in a fraction of a second!

I agree with others. It comes and goes. And not always at peak traffic times (which I assume to be weekends and evenings).

I just tried to post in the cove and it took several minutes once I hit the "submit reply" button. It's been doing it like that very consistently for several days.

Been working mostly fine for me all day. I think only once earlier this morning I had a long load time.

I just tried to post in the cove and it took several minutes once I hit the "submit reply" button. It's been doing it like that very consistently for several days.

Post Where???:confused:

Seriously, most of the lags I have noticed is when replying to a post. It just hangs, but if I have another BF tab open, I can go to the thread where my reply was posted and it is there. Yet the other tab will show it is still loading.:confused::confused:

Try keeping two tabs open with same thread, check it out.

Jim

"It just hangs" is a good way of putting it.

You can often open a new window and see that your post actually went through. However, in the first window, it "just hangs" as though the post is still going up.

This is the reason we're seeing so many double posts right now.

Either the BF servers are having some load problems or the network infrastructure has been invaded by gremlins. I've seen problems like this when load balancers come unstuck but I don't know how the BF world is put together so I'm making wild guesses here.

Lag, lag, lag. Everywhere a lag. It seems worse than usual right now (3:50 P.M. PST) and that is saying a lot.

Trying to edit a post and it often seems to hang up. If I click out and go back the post is edited even though it never was allowed to finished. Seems like it's just stuck at times.
Then sometimes it won't switch forums at all. I have to go out and come back, to get it to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back