Serious lags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These lags are starting to become infuriating. The forum is slow, then it speeds up, then it's slow again. It would be great to have the folks working on the problem, figure it out.

Trying to edit a post and it often seems to hang up. If I click out and go back the post is edited even though it never was allowed to finished. Seems like it's just stuck at times.
Then sometimes it won't switch forums at all. I have to go out and come back, to get it to go.

Yep, I've been seeing this sort of thing myself, on and off the last few days. In particular, replying to a post . . . .

These lags are starting to become infuriating. The forum is slow, then it speeds up, then it's slow again. It would be great to have the folks working on the problem, figure it out.

Spark said the techies were suppose to be watching this thread, I am beginning to believe they have taken the week off with Spark out of town.

Jim

Spark said the techies were suppose to be watching this thread, I am beginning to believe they have taken the week off with Spark out of town.

Jim

Ahhh.. we all know what those damned tech support guys are like. Soon as the boss goes out they're down to the pub drinking beer and complaining about all those damned users ......

;) :)

It is certainly predictably unpredictable and frustrating. :thumbup:

I'm glad we have this thread; I've been getting very frustrated! It's still really slow. Maybe the bandwidth isn't up to having 1000 users on at the same time.

This morning, it's been humming right along with no problems.

Things weren't bad at all until approximately 5:00 PM EST, since then the lags have been pretty consistently horrendous...

Things weren't bad at all until approximately 5:00 PM EST, since then the lags have been pretty consistently horrendous...

I think this is the time the Venusians begin flooding the Earth with their mind control rays. Unfortunately time distortion hallucinations are a nasty side effect of these. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Here we go again. Approximately 32 seconds to load this page at 5:40 P.M. PST. One of many lags in the last half hour. I'm going to get a drink so I don't punch the computer.

It took me about 45 seconds to load this page at 8:54 EST....damn this is annoying!

Forum is virtually unusable for me tonight (11:05 EST). I'm actually logged on to another (non-knife) forum while waiting for pages to load here. Sigh ....

I was reading the posts here about fifteen minutes ago and started to remark that things were zipping right along for me tonight.
Then I went to read some of the other threads in this forum and got two, "Server Timeout" errors until the thread finally loaded. Besides that I experienced several lags nearly a minute in length.:(

On a lark I tried limiting the searches to one every 30 seconds. Surprisingly, this had a nearly instantaneous effect on speeding up the server. I've informed tech support of this.

PS, I'm back from SHOT and catching up.

On a lark I tried limiting the searches to one every 30 seconds. Surprisingly, this had a nearly instantaneous effect on speeding up the server. I've informed tech support of this.

PS, I'm back from SHOT and catching up.

Good thinking. Give it a day or two and we'll know if you got it.

Searching is certainly a great way to load up your CPU. :)

Just tried this to see how fast this reply got posted. Thanks Spark.
Jim

Edit: Reply got posted in near nano seconds..

Just posted a reply over in knife maker section, took nearly three minutes to appear.:confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back