• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

Thank You! RLDubbya
I guess my update will have to wait til Tuesday. PO was showing it coming Saturday. It is sitting in Knoxville now waiting to be delivered Tuesday.

Not defending him one way or another but I can report that my experience with him from Ebay was perfect. Shipped fast and fit and finish was dead on.

Not defending him one way or another but I can report that my experience with him from Ebay was perfect. Shipped fast and fit and finish was dead on.

That was my experience as well. He got the Slysz Bowie backspacer out to me quickly, no problems at all.

When I bought the scale on Ebay I did not know about this thread or I do not think I would have ordered it. When I bought it I thought I had seen the name before and found this thread. I do really like his work and would really like to place a custom order but with the feedback here about that I don't see that happening.

I've bought a few different scales on ebay from him with no problems. Super solid work, total bummer to hear about all the issues.. :(

I've bought a few different scales on ebay from him with no problems. Super solid work, total bummer to hear about all the issues.. :(

As long as the item you bought has been made already, you shouldn’t have a problem.
Wanna see his true colors?? Order something custom. Good friggin luck.
Joe

It took exactly 10 months from starting the conversation to having it in my hand, but he came through for me on some custom work. Communication was not confidence inspiring, but the end product is great and I'm happy overall.

It took exactly 10 months from starting the conversation to having it in my hand, but he came through for me on some custom work. Communication was not confidence inspiring, but the end product is great and I'm happy overall.

Did he give you a timeline in the beginning? Also, did you pay up front F&F??

Took 2-3 months for him to get the material, then he said it would be another month, that was the end of May... Didn't get the finished product until the last week of December. Didn't give him anything up front except for my donor knife (end of February). No money until the end (PP G&S) and he gave me a better price than he quoted because it took 10 months. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Took 2-3 months for him to get the material, then he said it would be another month, that was the end of May... Didn't get the finished product until the last week of December. Didn't give him anything up front except for my donor knife (end of February). No money until the end (PP G&S) and he gave me a better price than he quoted because it took 10 months. Just thought I'd share my experience.
Seems to me he's aware of his tattered reputation and is somewhat behaving...for now. Count yourself lucky to be made whole.

That is his exact MO. Take forever, bad comms and when he finally comes through, give something extra or do better on the price.
A custom knife can take less than 10 months.

I dealt with him recently, it took around 2 months rather than 2 weeks as it was supposed to but he delivered, I did pay him a little extra to try to speed things up. The final product was very nice, too nice for me to use actually and I wound up giving it away. I get the impression he's very busy and maybe somewhat disorganized but his communication was good.

I bought a simple backspacer 8 days ago,tracking info just started showing up, its still in Michigan after 8 days probably wont see it till midweek .If I saw this thread before hand I wouldn't have ordered.To wait almost 2 weeks for a backspacer supposedly aleady in stock is unacceptable.

I was promised that my Manix2 would be completed in about 3 weeks. Well after 4 months I started to lose my patience. EXCUSE after excuse and more promises of my knife being done in a few days and shipped by the weekend never happened. I finally told him to just send me the knife back that I no longer had interest in the knife and now I didn't have the extra money for the work that I had 6 months ago. 2 days later he tells me the knife is complete after me telling him I don't have the money anymore. So he keeps my knife and the next day I see it for sale. This was a brand new Manix2 that I just bought from Spyderco and sent directly the Shepard. The guy does great work but he's a total douche.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
Wow. The sloppy business practice persists.

Regarding the quality of his work, I have to say his CF scale looked great but did not really fit to my Spydiechef.
I had to make the stop pin hole a lot deeper.
He made an excuse that he did not have my knife to fit it, but he had the same knife! (I can easily swap scales between two Spydiechefs I have).

So, I say the work is not that great but rather sloppy, too.

Misco, I have a friend who was not impressed with the quality of the work either. He also waited forever to get his knife, way beyond the promised time.

I was promised that my Manix2 would be completed in about 3 weeks. Well after 4 months I started to lose my patience. EXCUSE after excuse and more promises of my knife being done in a few days and shipped by the weekend never happened. I finally told him to just send me the knife back that I no longer had interest in the knife and now I didn't have the extra money for the work that I had 6 months ago. 2 days later he tells me the knife is complete after me telling him I don't have the money anymore. So he keeps my knife and the next day I see it for sale. This was a brand new Manix2 that I just bought from Spyderco and sent directly the Shepard. The guy does great work but he's a total douche.

When did this happen? If recent, it only goes to show he has not changed his ways at all

Also that sounds exactly like theft, he should return the knife to you minus the scales.

Back