• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

Let's recap. I saw I just found this thread yesterday thread...and received stuff from him 2 weeks ago. I don't know if you misunderstood my relief about dodging a potential bullet, or my attempt at levity, but...holy crap. Calm down.

Bumping this thread as a reminder to everyone; I was just speaking with a buddy who mentioned he'd put in an order for some cool scales with a maker on IG and the username sounded familiar - because it was this guy. I don't personally have any experience with him, but I figured this thread is still relevant for anyone looking at getting some work done from him and those who read it can take it however they see fit.

Last edited:
His wait time is back to 3+months again. Don't think anything changed.

I do share this link all over ig and people seem to not care. It's fairly sad this gets ignored.

His wait time is back to 3+months again. Don't think anything changed.

I do share this link all over ig and people seem to not care. It's fairly sad this gets ignored.

My sense is that most folks on IG don't care if he rips someone off, as long as it's "someone else" and they still eventually get what they want. I suspect most of his customers over there are young, inexperienced, self-absorbed folks who'd rather support him because he is their "good buddy" rather than some of the honest, hard-working craftsmen that seem to frequent this area of the knife community.

IG, FB, and so many other social platforms don't have the sense of community that forums do and likely never will because there isn't really a group bond formed over them like a forum which can be dedicated to a niche interest that the people can bond over.

By way of a bump to confirm that nothing with this bird is any different these days... I recently made the mistake of buying a couple scales from him. Bad move on my part! I wish I’d seen this thread first. His shipping time frames are still outrageously long and in my case he took twice as long as he committed to taking in the first place. He demands a 50% down payment. After he got mine, he went into his famous communication blackout mode for an extended period of time. I had to holler at him to jog him into action and when I did, he blamed his communication blackout mode on his Yahoo Mail not working. Funny thing was that I was also using Yahoo mail to deal with him and it worked just fine from my end. On top of that, how can a Yahoo email “not work” when you’re replying to a sender? The system has already got the address right, so there’s no chance of a screw-up. The guy was just lying. When he finally told me he was ready to ship my scales the day he got my final payment, I PayPal’ed my final payment to him two days later. A week after that, he still hadn’t shipped what I’d paid him for. I sent him a hot email and ripped him a new one for that sleazy stunt. He responded with a piece of passive-aggressive game-playing, crying about how offended he was by the tone of my email because it was his birthday. I finally got the scales I ordered from him and they’re barely mediocre in quality, although quite costly.

Overall, my experience was that this guy is an irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, dishonest and dishonorable turd who should be avoided at all costs. Anybody who orders anything from this guy is as much of a fool as I was.

By way of a bump to confirm that nothing with this bird is any different these days... I recently made the mistake of buying a couple scales from him. Bad move on my part! I wish I’d seen this thread first. His shipping time frames are still outrageously long and in my case he took twice as long as he committed to taking in the first place. He demands a 50% down payment. After he got mine, he went into his famous communication blackout mode for an extended period of time. I had to holler at him to jog him into action and when I did, he blamed his communication blackout mode on his Yahoo Mail not working. Funny thing was that I was also using Yahoo mail to deal with him and it worked just fine from my end. On top of that, how can a Yahoo email “not work” when you’re replying to a sender? The system has already got the address right, so there’s no chance of a screw-up. The guy was just lying. When he finally told me he was ready to ship my scales the day he got my final payment, I PayPal’ed my final payment to him two days later. A week after that, he still hadn’t shipped what I’d paid him for. I sent him a hot email and ripped him a new one for that sleazy stunt. He responded with a piece of passive-aggressive game-playing, crying about how offended he was by the tone of my email because it was his birthday. I finally got the scales I ordered from him and they’re barely mediocre in quality, although quite costly.

Overall, my experience was that this guy is an irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, dishonest and dishonorable turd who should be avoided at all costs. Anybody who orders anything from this guy is as much of a fool as I was.
Not surprising at all. Thanks for sharing though.

Apparently no amount of shaming on this forum will make him go straight. I certainly do not like hurting anyone's livelihood, but he keeps on playing the same tricks. Not good. At this point I think it is safe to say that buyer beware.

Apparently no amount of shaming on this forum will make him go straight. I certainly do not like hurting anyone's livelihood, but he keeps on playing the same tricks. Not good. At this point I think it is safe to say that buyer beware.
The reason I placed an order with that scumbag was because I saw a post in the GKD Knife Pix thread where somebody posted pix of a knife with a scale from SCC. Being a trusting dumbass, I though “Well WTF, if SCC is mentioned here they must be OK.” Yeah, right. Since my dealings with said scumbag, I’m now considerably less of a dumbass and most positively no longer trusting in any goddam way whatsoever. Hopefully people know enough to beware on a general basis, but IMO enough bad could never be said about that scumbag and as far as I’m concerned, nobody could ever “hurt” that scumbag’s “living” anywhere near enough.

Unfortunately, I think it is very rare that someone/something has such a bad reputation that they are eventually rejected outright by everyone. There always seems to be at least some individuals who are willing to roll the dice hoping that their experience will somehow be different/better than everyone else's. And, despite the incredible ease with which information flows these days, there are also still a lot of folks who remain uninformed altogether. It is what it is.

Stumpy72 Stumpy72 , at least you're onboard now. All things considered, it could have been much worse.

Hi guys, I'm rather new to the forum, but I thought I would chime in on this one just to let everyone know that Eric is still doing the same shady stuff in 2020.
Short story: I got my scale, but it took 8 f***ing months and constant lying/runarounds instead of the quoted 3 months (which is still pretty long FOR 1 SCALE!!!).
Long story: I saw his work on instagram and, before checking here on the GBU, placed an order for a copper snakeskin cf scale for my spydiechef (just 1 scale, obviously). Had I seen the countless posts about him beforehand, I wouldn't have given him my business. He asks for the first half of payment as friends and family and says the second half will be goods and services. I didn't question it. I said I would check in near the time it should be done. This is when the lying and constant runarounds started. I sent first half of payment in the middle of September, so I contacted him mid December around when it should've been done. He told me he was still working on it, and it was HALFWAY done. I was understanding and said no problem, and gave him a few more weeks. Then, January passes and it's the end of February (the 20th), so I ask for an update. He says it'll be finished up within a week. Now, it's the middle of March (the 19th, a month later) and I ask what's going on. He says to send the rest of the funds and it'll be shipped out by the end of the week. I sent funds immediately. A week and a half later, I still don't have tracking, so I ask if he got it out and he just replies with "SpydieChef copper snakeskin scale." Uhhh, yeah, I know what I ordered. Is it out yet!? No response. April 6th, I ask if it went out and he replied, asking if I was half or fully paid. I said I was fully paid. He asked for my address again and says it'll go out with that weeks shipment. April 17th and still no tracking. Now, he says it'll go out this week, again. April 25th rolls around and I finally get a picture of my package all packed up and tracking that doesn't still say "USPS awaiting package" or whatever it says when a label is printed but the package isn't with USPS, yet. I got the scale on May 1st. It was flawless, but damn, there's no need to constantly lie to people just to cover up your slow work/shady practices. I would've appreciated honesty a lot more than getting the runaround that I did. Every time I asked him when I'm going to get the scale, he would just say, it's going out this week, while months passed by. To make things worse, I talked to a gentleman that bought a CRK scale from Eric through ebay. It still needed to be made, like mine, but his order was fulfilled in 2 weeks (which is a reasonable time for a custom scale), while orders like mine were put on the back burner because there's no consequences with instagram orders like there are with ebay orders. I watched his instagram with countless sets of scales being pumped out, and mine were given low priority since I was cutting him so much slack with his timing. My mistake there.
Moral of the story, this guy is still on his same BS.

You should have been warned off by the friends and family initial down payment. You're lucky you got anything.
Yeah, my mistake on that part, too. He and I had a lot of back and forth about his work and he *seemed* like a stand up guy. Boy was I wrong haha. I definitely am really lucky I got the scale and there were no problems as far as fit and finish, or that would have been a whole other problem I didn't want to have to deal with.

Hi guys, I'm rather new to the forum, but I thought I would chime in on this one just to let everyone know that Eric is still doing the same shady stuff in 2020.
Short story: I got my scale, but it took 8 f***ing months and constant lying/runarounds instead of the quoted 3 months (which is still pretty long FOR 1 SCALE!!!).
Long story: I saw his work on instagram and, before checking here on the GBU, placed an order for a copper snakeskin cf scale for my spydiechef (just 1 scale, obviously). Had I seen the countless posts about him beforehand, I wouldn't have given him my business. He asks for the first half of payment as friends and family and says the second half will be goods and services. I didn't question it. I said I would check in near the time it should be done. This is when the lying and constant runarounds started. I sent first half of payment in the middle of September, so I contacted him mid December around when it should've been done. He told me he was still working on it, and it was HALFWAY done. I was understanding and said no problem, and gave him a few more weeks. Then, January passes and it's the end of February (the 20th), so I ask for an update. He says it'll be finished up within a week. Now, it's the middle of March (the 19th, a month later) and I ask what's going on. He says to send the rest of the funds and it'll be shipped out by the end of the week. I sent funds immediately. A week and a half later, I still don't have tracking, so I ask if he got it out and he just replies with "SpydieChef copper snakeskin scale." Uhhh, yeah, I know what I ordered. Is it out yet!? No response. April 6th, I ask if it went out and he replied, asking if I was half or fully paid. I said I was fully paid. He asked for my address again and says it'll go out with that weeks shipment. April 17th and still no tracking. Now, he says it'll go out this week, again. April 25th rolls around and I finally get a picture of my package all packed up and tracking that doesn't still say "USPS awaiting package" or whatever it says when a label is printed but the package isn't with USPS, yet. I got the scale on May 1st. It was flawless, but damn, there's no need to constantly lie to people just to cover up your slow work/shady practices. I would've appreciated honesty a lot more than getting the runaround that I did. Every time I asked him when I'm going to get the scale, he would just say, it's going out this week, while months passed by. To make things worse, I talked to a gentleman that bought a CRK scale from Eric through ebay. It still needed to be made, like mine, but his order was fulfilled in 2 weeks (which is a reasonable time for a custom scale), while orders like mine were put on the back burner because there's no consequences with instagram orders like there are with ebay orders. I watched his instagram with countless sets of scales being pumped out, and mine were given low priority since I was cutting him so much slack with his timing. My mistake there.
Moral of the story, this guy is still on his same BS.
Not surprising at all but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson out of this.

Not surprising at all but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson out of this.
Definitely learned my lesson. I'm really hoping other people (mainly from instagram) come check out these threads before giving that man their money, unlike me. He obviously filters comments over there cause there's nothing bad about him on his page, and I see why now.

I’m a strong believer in redemption & all that. But I guess sometimes a snake is going to be a snake.

Thanks for posting T TristanMichael62590 . I’m glad you got your scale in the end.
Agreed. He's been given plenty of chances over a few years to get his shit together, but apparently he'd rather lie to his customers than man up. Unfortunately, instagram has given him a new platform to continue his less-than-ideal practices, without any consequences or place to leave negative feedback that will reach the community. Glad I got my scale in the end, but after a lot of hassle.

instagram has given him a new platform to continue his less-than-ideal practices
Unfortunately he's not the only one, quite a few scam artists run to Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc. once they have been exposed on Bladeforums... SURVIVE! would be another one.

Some choose the USN (Green Forum) as a platform where any negativity towards the industry Gods :rolleyes: (Strider,Emerson, etc.) is grounds for an immediate ban... should change their name from USN to AKN... Ass Kissin Network :D

Back