Show me your custom camp knife/chopper.

mohd - I'm pretty sure that's the largest Foster camp knife I've seen. Awesome piece. :thumbup:
Hi Roger, ASAIK it is the largest Burt's Camp Knife. His regular camp knife has a 10" blade length. Being a Malaysian I used to handle a 12" to 14" blade length Golok. So I made a special order of a 12.5" blade length camp knife in early 2007 and IIANM I received the knife sometimes in September, 2008.

Again IIANM in 2009 Burt made another large knife about 15" blade length 21" OAL. Anyhow Burt itemized it as a sword (i.e. jungle sword).

So I think you're correct to say that my 17.25 camp knife is the largest of Burt's camp knife so far. I used it for cutting and chopping branches, small trees and palm leaves in my palm oil plantation field and it performs great. The balance and weight of the knife just fantastic. Anyhow I have to ensure to properly clean and oil the knife after being used because of the high humidity in Malaysia seems to cause rust easily especially on a 52100 blade.

mohd.

I've just about finished this one up, I like it.

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

Andy

Wow! Love that. Never seen one quite like that.:eek:

Will trying some further options soon when I get the time.

(( Banned as the scammer, spammer, and troll -- Timbo! ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the comment but the knife has yet to meet a 2x4, just water bottles and small targets.

The M4 steel has a competition finish, all but the very thin convex ground edge which is mirror finished from final stropping.

This is my newest competition knife. CPM M4, and weighs in at 31 oz. The tank is only exposed on the bottom.
respectfully, Jose Diaz
picture.php

This was my first knife from Matt Lamey and is definitely one of my favorite users. I'm glad he didn't end up keeping it for himself after all.

It handles like a dream and cuts likewise. Seems like the edge is always exactly where I want it to be (maybe a given for other people, but not always as much as I'd like for myself).

Blade - W2, 10" x 2" x .25" tapering to .125" near the tip
Handle - maple, stainless guard

Dave
attachment.php

I'll see your chopper and raise you a War Cleaver!
:thumbup:
100_4105.jpg

Finally go to see the whole thread :thumbup:

The Harvester is another large W2 Koa handled camp knife built by Chuck Richards :thumbup:

ChuckRichardsleschopper002.jpg

mohd.

Man, although a "camp knife" and "chopper" thread, I'm really liking that one more for its martial potential! Looks like it could be very "alive" in the hand! :cool:

Hello Folks. I made this big camp knife for the Nova Petropolis Knife Show(Brazil) 2009. It is a integral full tang in Brazilian Style. The damascus is Ladder Pattern and the handle is Mammoth Ivory Scales.
I hope you enjoy.
Eduardo Berardo
11711PolO115N20MarMamJUN091.jpg
[/IMG]
11711PolO115N20MarMamJUN094.jpg
[/IMG]
11711PolO115N20MarMamJUN09.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm really liking that one more for its martial potential! Looks like it could be very "alive" in the hand!
Untamed, IMHO one of the reason why you like it from MA point of view is because it has the feature of a golok (i.e. or southern Philippines bolo etc). It is mention by few in other forums as well. And for field works it is really an agile large size blade in hand. I'm not an MA person so I wouldn't know whether it's quality met or comply with MA purposes or not :eek: Anyhow I wouldn't want to come near any MA person who wielded such a knife with a fighting stance :D

Hello Folks. I made this big camp knife for the Nova Petropolis Knife Show(Brazil) 2009. It is a integral full tang in Brazilian Style. The damascus is Ladder Pattern and the handle is Mammoth Ivory Scales.
It looks great Eduardo :thumbup:
I do love to have such a beauty ;) What's the specs of the knife, please? Hope I would have enough time to save for one of your works :eek:

mohd.

Mohd:

Nice to see someone from my corner of the world over here :D Yep, spot on with your thoughts, although your piece reminds me more of a pinuti sword. You are one lucky man! Salamat!

Eduardo Barardo:

Con mucho gusto para gran cuchillo! :thumbup:

Thanks Folks. Unstamed, excuse my ignorance but what a Salamat Sword?
I would like to see a picture. You have??
Eduardo Berardo

Back