Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Diomedes APS from FB Outpost for my Bolstered Bowl-a-Coco Sylverfacen:

DSC00798_zpsudz3t8sp.jpg

Diomedes APS from FB Outpost for my Bolstered Bowl-a-Coco Sylverfacen:

DSC00798_zpsudz3t8sp.jpg

Oh, my, on every level. That's a corker of a Sylvrfalcen, for sure!

I love how all the natural browns work together, within the knife and sheath(s) respectively, and then all together. :thumbup:

So fine.

~ P.

Tried my hand at leather carving... it's kinda like engraving which I've had some experience with... I've had the tools for about 6months and haven't gotten around to playing with them...

Anyways mocked up a quick and dirty one last night... resized in photoshop to fit a sheath...

this tribal style art isn't normally my style but the pic was a good starting point

050f1fe48d4a2f69d18322cb55a3c182.jpg

f015b5faac90a57a39cd3b142ac353ce.jpg

5e7e504c56d2cb1a60b9fbf71c30ac99.jpg

810859a31c14b295ee9ef3ed5fab3e26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great for your 1st one... Actually that looks great if it were your 100th one. Good show heespharm!

Well Heesoo, if the Pharmacy gig every bottoms out you definitely have leather work to fall back on. Not my style but excellent work.

oh, great. i have to followup heespharm's work?? :rolleyes: :D wow, looks great man. super nice job on the carving/tooling. and the stitching! and that segways nicely into mine. the stitching is always my undoing. i always have a couple rogue holes.

i made a simple, "minimalist", slip-style sheath for the hiking buddy. as i said before, it ain't pretty, but it is very comfortable in my front pocket. i can get my hand all the way into my pocket and barely notice it is there. same thing for sitting...don't notice it.

IMG_3853_zpshwunyziw.jpg

IMG_3851_zpsbuyqwvmy.jpg

IMG_3852_zpsauz1ppzo.jpg

IMG_3858_zpslwcpg801.jpg

I don't see any rogue holes but I've found reducing stitches per inch works well and triple checking alignment before each pound with the pricking awl leads to increased percentage of good stitches

Otherwise... looks great!

Edit: also the correct hammer weight helps to drive the holes straighter as it takes less strikes to drive it through... usually a 1.5-2lb Maul

I don't see any rogue holes but I've found reducing stitches per inch works well and triple checking alignment before each pound with the pricking awl leads to increased percentage of good stitches

Otherwise... looks great!

yeah, you can see on the back, where i had to (sloppily) gouge out extra leather. i guess i could have helped hide that by dying the sheath, but i prefer the au-natural look. with that said, this is the best i've got my edges. so, i've got that going for me....which is nice. :D thanks Heeso.

Spectacular work. I am not sure what your problem is with the border around the stamp; to me it looks really good. I think that the knife / sheath combo matches really well. I especially like the way the thread matches the pins / lanyard hole. Well done!!!

Nice! I always like seeing Heber's stuff in this thread. There are a lot of good - no, GREAT, sheath makers providing pants for Fiddlebacks. However, there is something unique and attractive about Heber's work. I have a few of his sheaths, and cannot say enough good things about his work. I understand that he is semi-retired these days, but I really wish he would do just a few more sheaths (for me) as part of a "farewell tour."

This is really a great thread! I have a few sheaths from Nix Leather that should be here in a few weeks. I will be sure to share pics when they arrive.

Cheers to all! Keep on posting the cool leather and steel pictures!

Glad you like the sheaths. Life has been crazy the last year and a half (I'll post about it soon). But it's settling down now and I'm working to come out of "Retirement", even if only on a part time basis. Feel free to email me at wildmanh@yahoo.com to talk about sheaths, if you're in the market. Got a lot of basic sheaths that I need to inventory, photograph then post for sale in the near future.

Man, there's some sweet sheaths in the thread! :D Seeing them is really making me itch to build more sheaths.

Really need to stop drinking caffeine after 5pm... made the black one last night and the brown one today bc I couldn't sleep

480fcdcbcbfb13295daf92f1fa6c906a.jpg

f12b34155a91b34ed98799073e921908.jpg

Back