Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Pertinux,

Send me a drawing - I will make you whatever you want. You have been wonderful to me - and I would love to help.

Jason

Channeling my inner Irish ???? But I thought it would be appropriate to make a Celtic dragon for st pattys day

ecf4a52d21fc1e8d256fb9b73344da6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah, just have to comment on that sheath you show. Without a good welt wrapped around, at least, the tip and sharp edge of the blade, you are an accident waiting to happen. Carried in a back pocket and you stumble and fall, worst case is a neat scar on a posterior cheek. Front pocket and a fore ward roll, could easily mean a cut femoral artery with little hope of recovery. The small piece of wood isn't going to prevent the steel from causing damage. That sheath might be fine for pack, glove compartment, purse, etc., but not pocket carry. Take Jason up on his offer to custom make a safe carry option for you.

Pertinux,

Send me a drawing - I will make you whatever you want. You have been wonderful to me - and I would love to help.

Jason

Sarah, just have to comment on that sheath you show. Without a good welt wrapped around, at least, the tip and sharp edge of the blade, you are an accident waiting to happen.

Wow, guys-- thanks!

First, you are both too kind. One of the great draws for me of a small fixed blade vs. the array of traditional folding pocket knives I (still) carry is simply being able to see and easily access the fixed blades as I move through my days-- visual and tangible touchstones of worthy work and better things, as well as being the coolest tools going. Your leather and stitchery is integral to this impact, bringing it all home (and keeping the knives near) with massive style points!

RLO CrossDraw:

IMG_3511.jpg~original

IMG_3516.jpg~original

IMG_3741%201.jpg~original

Diomedes Industries APS:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-16%20at%207.57.23%20PM.png~original

IMG_3790.jpg~original

IMG_4679.jpg~original

15B9E2D9-03CB-409D-A5BC-2B3D64AEE24D.jpg~original

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE.
wub.gif~original

As seen above, I do have an APS sheath for my Stubby Muk, a favorite:

IMG_0083.jpg~original

IMG_3845.jpg~original

I was just seeing if I could make use of the other lil' sheath I had here, for when I wanted to drop the Stubby Muk down into a pocket (the lack of a pocket clip renders it super sleek).

However, I am humbled and grateful for your words, Rick, and shall heed them. I would not have thought of such, although perhaps I of all people should have!

[For those scoring at home, Rick knows that soon after receiving his sheath for my Patch, I headed out into the woods with it and managed to fall headlong, ka-whammo full-frontal face plant, tweetsy circling birds over my head, wait where's my knife?!

While I don't intend to add such exploits to my regular repertoire, his wisdom and specific concerns are not just generally sound, but specifically applicable. :eek:]

Jason, I was just playin', and am actually all set for my Stubby Muk otherwise. You've already done me great good. I do have an idea/question on another front, however, and shall PM you soon. :)

[Rick, you're not off the hook-- you up to stitchin' again any time soon? I'll be in touch. :cool:]

Thank You both.

~ P.

Hand feels pretty good after being immobilized for two months. Never was much pain and now just really stiff and weak. Too soon to cut leather so Karen took care of that part, but I was able to manage the rest. In retrospect this morning, probably shouldn't have done quite that much this soon, but all is good. Will try to get a couple sheaths done over a couple days as hand gets stronger. Sure appreciate the kind thoughts and well wishes from all.

Hand feels pretty good after being immobilized for two months. Never was much pain and now just really stiff and weak. Too soon to cut leather so Karen took care of that part, but I was able to manage the rest. In retrospect this morning, probably shouldn't have done quite that much this soon, but all is good. Will try to get a couple sheaths done over a couple days as hand gets stronger. Sure appreciate the kind thoughts and well wishes from all.

Rick,

I didn't know you were out of commission. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get your needles back up and stitching.

Jason

Raise your hand if carrying a sheathed knife ever made you want to lose a belt loop.

PickMe.gif~original

:grumpy:

Extra credit if you've ever followed through! :D

~ P.

Definitely not up to the standards usually seen here but I don't think it's horrible for my first sheath. I need to watch more of Jason's videos but it's easier for me to understand what he's doing, and I'm doing wrong, after I've tried it a time or two.

Thanks to Heesoo for the answering my questions and helping me out.

8cc0f24b0221a91275666dc7b709a77f.jpg

abd7befff61fdba7e2942cfa18cf3c14.jpg

81afb7ef8b2662aa81134953fb0d0c49.jpg

Definitely not up to the standards usually seen here but I don't think it's horrible for my first sheath. I need to watch more of Jason's videos but it's easier for me to understand what he's doing, and I'm doing wrong, after I've tried it a time or two.

abd7befff61fdba7e2942cfa18cf3c14.jpg

81afb7ef8b2662aa81134953fb0d0c49.jpg

For a first try ever it looks great Nathan!... the rest is just aesthetics and attention to detail..

Raise your hand if carrying a sheathed knife ever made you want to lose a belt loop.

PickMe.gif~original

:grumpy:

Extra credit if you've ever followed through! :D

~ P.

Does it count if my pancake rig ate a loop?
[emoji15]

Nbrackett....i think it looks great, especially for a first go. nice job. :thumbup:

That looks way better than "not horrible" from here! Nicely done. :thumbup:

If I tried it would probably look like I attempted to sew it with crayons or something....

~ P.

Back