1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by thurin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    I totally agree! My issue is I carry right handed CCDW and then I have my knife also on the right side lol makes for a PITA at times (literally) damn loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    Wooohooo that's awesome bro! If u need any help holler I'll come visit for a week :) and we can eat good and stitch leather

3. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    Trying more new stuff with a resist technique... always trying to teach myself new things

[​IMG]

4. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Wow that's impressive

5. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Diomedes Industries APS goodness, with a pinch-hit by @Heespharm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ P.

6. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    Pertinux,

You could use some of my leather for those knives.

Jason

7. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    I know, right? [​IMG]

I've now caught up the most recent outlier:

[​IMG]

(The sheath is much more pleasantly worn/broken in already. [​IMG])

~ P.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  8. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

Scotcha, Kal-El, varga49 and 2 others like this.
  9. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    Jonny - that is an OLD one of mine. I can't even remember the last time I used that thread!

It looks pretty good though.

Jason

10. Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007

Man - It is like that sheath was MADE for that knife.

oh.... wait...

Jason

11. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    I have a few like that.

Here 'n there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

o_O

~ P.

Nbrackett likes this.
  12. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    whats your dye color of choice ~P.?

i like chestnut the best

13. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    The chestnut sorta bores me, but it probably looks the best against different knife handles, in various lighting, etc-- like above!

In person, I do like the russet very much, although it varies enough from piece to piece (including, within a sheath) that some of it is my favorite while others of it tends towards too orange-y. I look forward to seeing how it ages with time and use: I think it has more potential 'upside' (character) as it breaks in.

I guess I'll find out!

~ P.

14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i can see that. much like i love the way osage ages over time:thumbsup:

15. pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Exactly!

And, to soften my statement above-- the chestnut bores me in person, in isolation, but always catches my eye in the best way when I see it in pictures or peeking out of my pocket.

~ P.

16. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    im a boring person...maybe thats the tie-in:D

17. Jeff Sykes

Jeff Sykes

May 2, 2017
    Good inspiration. I'm looking for my first Fiddleback.

Tutone likes this.
  18. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Any thoughts on what you're looking for? We love talking about that sort of thing!

19. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Prepare yourself, 'cause you can't have just "one" Fiddleback! Seriously though, you can look at pics of Fiddlebacks all day but once you get one in hand and use it that's when you know its the best handmade knife you will have the honor to own. Have fun!

20. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Pretty much what he said. I had always carried folders and never really considered carrying a fixed blade as my every day carry knife. Then I stumbled into the Fiddleback forum. I bought my first one (a patch) and fell off the deep end. While I still have my folders I always have a Fiddleback if I am not at work (at work I usually have a 3" Hinderer or CRK). those Fiddleback knives are a functioning work of art.

Tutone likes this.