Sighting!!! . . . . Killa Zillas In The Mist!!! . . . .

If you can't pick it up or see over it in the morning, you went too fat.

I had to read this a couple of times, but that is the funniest thing I have read in a looooong time. Also, good advice for all of you young unmarried whippersnappers out there!!

Gus

as jerry said it was micarta or g10, it would have to be a solid block of either of those to be hidden tang, wich I don't think will be the case. I think the picture is just very grainy, and very dark.

You may be right....but a knife like this needs to "feel" right.....they only do so if you take traditional blades as a bench mark....I don't know of a full tang version of a khukri....probably because they might have been done and when compared to a hidden tang.....just did'nt feel right....

It would be nice to know the weight spec's as this would be a good indication .... but in fairness if the thread is one of gaging opinion...the khukri needs to feel like a khukri to work right....that won't be lost on Jerry...this knife can possibly be the best use of Infi ever done....it will be the most ergonomic design for chopping and show the true benefits of Infi...

The curve of the blade has'nt been mentioned yet but it is relatively traditional....it will have great dexterity as a result...I think the picture shows enough to confirm it is done on traditional lines...but would like to know for sure....maybe the pic was a deliberate thing to allow for tweaking based on feed back??? For me I agree with what you have said....the hidden tang gives the blade the heavy balance ability to be such a good chopper.:thumbup:

I suspect in ten years you'll have a whole collection of KillaZilla variations.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

You may be right....but a knife like this needs to "feel" right.....they only do so if you take traditional blades as a bench mark....I don't know of a full tang version of a khukri....probably because they might have been done and when compared to a hidden tang.....just did'nt feel right....

My 17" HI Ang Khola has a full tang. This khukuri is an inch shorter than the Busse. It has good forward balance, but the tang is much narrower than the spine of the blade and it tapers.
CAK16014.jpg

CAK16035.jpg

The benefits of a tapered full tang are usually the realm of full on custom knives....but that would be a cool way to give the best of both worlds for the Zilla....even if it is a full straight tang....I don't mind so long as the balance and feel are right....it just seems to have been hardly ever done before....which has me thinking a hidden tang might be likely from the photo's...

Certainly the vast majority of khukuris have hidden tangs. Has there ever been a hidden tang Busse other than the old Res C handled ones?

as jerry said it was micarta or g10, it would have to be a solid block of either of those to be hidden tang, wich I don't think will be the case. I think the picture is just very grainy, and very dark.

plus one.

I think he blew the contrast up so high it destroyed all noticeable details.

The KZ is typical Busse Combat full tang construction with lots of forward balance. . . I realize that it isn't really a dead-nuts traditional design but neither was the American Kensei and it has been known to kick cool into a whole new dimension!!!. . . :eek:. . . . :thumbup:. . . .

The "Killa Z" wants to chop, slash, and dash through the nearest forest. . . . :eek:. . .:D. . . Don't be afraid to set the KZ free. . . .Set it free!!!!! :eek::thumbup:

Jerry :D

Last edited:
The trees out back of the property are shimmering for fear of what's coming. There will be sap, oh yes lots of it...........

My palmettos are already trembling in fear. The summer hacking season may have a new weapon for them! I'll cut them off flush with the ground and pour gasoline on their roots!

Last edited:
Bring it Jerry. I'll send you a bottle of JWB if you let me buy the first one...;)

The "Killa Z" wants to chop, slash, and dash through the nearest forest. . . . :eek:. . .:D. . . Don't be afraid to set the KZ free. . . .Set it free!!!!! :eek::thumbup:

I'm in the middle of Sixty seven thousand acres of wilderness begging to be beaten into submission... Of course, I am up to the task :cool: But, a little help would be nice! :eek:

BRING OUT THE BEAST!!!

seriously... before I am swallowed into the wilderness forever...:eek:

The KZ is typical Busse Combat full tang construction with lots of forward balance. . . I realize that it isn't really a dead-nuts traditional design but neither was the American Kensei and it has been known to kick cool into a whole new dimension!!!. . . :eek:. . . . :thumbup:. . . .

We can't set it free until you put it up man, unless of course you want me to field test a proto for you, then as always I am at your disposal. :D

plus one.

I think he blew the contrast up so high it destroyed all noticeable details.

I think it is just a photoshop filter. I tried to reverse it but I am not that capable (if its even possible???)

Oh, but on topic, I think the reason I was thrown off is because it is not the thickness I always thought of when I thought of all of the glory of the khukuris that I have been interested in.

I have no doubts it will be great thin, maybe even better. I still want a thicker one if it is ever produced.

You don't have to buy only one.

And I agree about the Rome thing.....

Edited to state: I would much rather see an original design than just a copy of a copy......

I think it is just a photoshop filter. I tried to reverse it but I am not that capable (if its even possible???)

Yeah I'm sure it is some filter applied too, but before that he boosted contrast to destroy details, I doubt it is possible to reverse at this point.

I would much rather see an original design than just a copy of a copy......

Reminds me of some of my favorite lyrics:;)

"You're just a copy, of an imitation."-- M. Manson

I have no doubts it will be great thin, maybe even better. I still want a thicker one if it is ever produced.

I also want a thicker one if it is ever produced.

I am not that well-off so I have to wait and let those interesting ones pass, just like I did in the last CupidGanza, although I should still be able to buy one if Zilla costs less than $1,500 (reasonable price for INFI blade that is 0.5" thick and 16" long ).

Back