Sir Snark-A-Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - coffee.... Wait! How the hell did I end up at work? Damnit. I hate running out of coffee at home.

Some mornings I wake up grumpy; other mornings I let her sleep in :D
There's a great deal of wisdom in these words.

lab report cat scan

$150
i-see-what-you-did-there-house_zpsda05b8ba.jpg

Good morning all! Having coffee and getting ready for work, so better get ibtl now while I can.

Right on. The good news is, if you develop a light touch on a fast machine that doesn't track very well, whenever you get around to working on a more easily-controlled, more accurate machine, it's gonna feel like trading in a beat-up old jalopy for a fine luxury/sports sedan :)

I woke up in a great mood... but I have a lot hand-sanding to do today, so I'm sure that will change. Probably should just take a couple Advils before I even start.

Some mornings I wake up grumpy; other mornings I let her sleep in :D

Ill look forward to the luxury sports sedan.... However i will likely end up one of those men who get a new luxury car past their prime :D

Waking up grumpy, HA!

I want to lay back down now that the kids are in school. But they get the next 2 days off for a holiday i cant pronounce, so i have to get some things done now while i have the time. Should be getting some stuff in the mail later today as well. I got Fedex, UPS, and USPS all delivering boxes today.

Ordered the kids new beds. They broke the frame on theirs, both of them. Not at the same time but within a month or 2 apart. So the new ones should be here today by fedex. Im hoping it comes before they get out of school so i can start putting them together.

UPS is bringing me my Resp-o-rator. Now i can use my full face mask a lot easier. I dont have regular safety glasses so i been just making due with the face mask and the 3M half mask, but they dont fit on together well LOL

USPS should be bringing me my file jig that my father put together for me... But i still need to get a 12" DC Bastard file, hose clamps, and 36" steel rod to finish it up and use it.

Dan K. told me he sent me a mystery box as well, but that could get here 2moro or the next day... No telling what he put inside it. He knows im getting into knife making so likely something pertaining to that, but it will be fun to open it, as long as there is no dog poop or glitter it will be anyways LMAO

USPS lost my FireAnt. It was last updated leaving the sorting facility in the same state it shipped from on the 18th with an expected delivery date of the 20th. I called USPS yesterday to open a case. I figured if it wasnt delivered by yesterday,its.lost.

USPS lost my FireAnt. It was last updated leaving the sorting facility in the same state it shipped from on the 18th with an expected delivery date of the 20th. I called USPS yesterday to open a case. I figured if it wasnt delivered by yesterday,its.lost.

They let you file a claim already? I thought it took 21 days after the mail date before they would file a claim. I think thats what i was told before.

And i dont even start to really worry until its a week late anymore... 3 days late? yea that just means its a normal week LMAO

The recurve bow i shipped was suppose to arrive on the 19th and hasnt made it yet according to tracking. Its completely insured thankfully, but im still hoping it makes it soon.

The thing that gets me is, a lot of times i get packages delivered and USPS never even updates them as delivered, or even out for delivery, and sometimes they still show in the last city they were in. So they obviously dont care much about scanning the stuff in like they should. Thankfully most people are honest. Hell i could of pretended like i havent received a whole mess of items in the last year, but have yet to need to file a claim.

I never got the knife i was shipped from Canada though. It was shipped before Xmas. Last i heard it was going back to the guy who shipped it, but i havent seen him online since either. Im over it now and chalk that up to a loss.

USPS has been good to me. This is the first time tracking info has not been updated. The only other issue Ive ever had was when I sent a knife and the guy received an empty package with a slit in it and no knife. USPS had a check in my hand for 10 more than the insured amount within 7 days.

USPS has been good to me. This is the first time tracking info has not been updated. The only other issue Ive ever had was when I sent a knife and the guy received an empty package with a slit in it and no knife. USPS had a check in my hand for 10 more than the insured amount within 7 days.

Thats great! Did you have to provide receipts showing the actual value of the knife that was lost before you got reimbursed?

Fedex just showed up, a little Asian guy about 5 feet tall gets out the truck carrying a 6.5 feet tall and 112 pound box ON HIS BACK!!! There was a 2nd fedex worker, also Asian coincidentally enough, that just watched him carry it!! Can anyone say teamwork??

GAH!!! This is torture! I leave for Tennessee when I finish work today. I have to work till 12:15. Longest 3 hours EVER!!!!!

GAH!!! This is torture! I leave for Tennessee when I finish work today. I have to work till 12:15. Longest 3 hours EVER!!!!!

I'm torn between getting my gear together for the Gathering now, or just saying to hell with it and showing up with the clothes on my back, a jug of whiskey and a pocket knife.

I managed to make it through my shift but barely. Some friends of mine are moving to KC, MO and are passing through Colorado Springs and stopping for the night so I'm gonna try and get five hours of sleep before I run up there and meet them.

Minimum wage in PA is 7.25 last i heard. Times that by the hour and a half it took me to read that and it equals around 10 bucks. Ill PM you my address for payment ZZ :D

Funny story though !!

Thats great! Did you have to provide receipts showing the actual value of the knife that was lost before you got reimbursed?

Fedex just showed up, a little Asian guy about 5 feet tall gets out the truck carrying a 6.5 feet tall and 112 pound box ON HIS BACK!!! There was a 2nd fedex worker, also Asian coincidentally enough, that just watched him carry it!! Can anyone say teamwork??

Either union rules (driver vs gopher) or the 2nd guy was a training supervisor watching how the guy did his job. If the 2nd dud hadn't been there, it mighta just got dumped on the sidewalk. :D

Either union rules (driver vs gopher) or the 2nd guy was a training supervisor watching how the guy did his job. If the 2nd dud hadn't been there, it mighta just got dumped on the sidewalk. :D

LOL, i have yet to personally have any issues with Fedex. I did have 1 lady delivery driver during Xmas who needed help getting the box to the door, but she asked me kindly and i had no problems helping her out. A whole lot better than her trying and dropping my stuff or just leaving it on the sidewalk LOL

The thing that gets me is, a lot of times i get packages delivered and USPS never even updates them as delivered, or even out for delivery, and sometimes they still show in the last city they were in. So they obviously dont care much about scanning the stuff in like they should. Thankfully most people are honest. Hell i could of pretended like i havent received a whole mess of items in the last year, but have yet to need to file a claim.

This is what i mean... See the bow i shipped was delivered on Monday i just found out from the guy who received it, yet tracking STILL shows Philadelphia as the last location. Hell it left Philly went to NJ then came back to Philly and never updated, last event was the 17th. By not scanning it as delivered we could easily file a claim and win. I wouldnt do that, but not everyone is as honest, thankfully in the knife community though the majority of people are. But USPS needs to get their act together, im sure they are loosing money to fraudulent insurance claims.

When I was stationed at Yongson, Korea, I lived in a second floor apartment in Seoul, near Itaewon in a cleaner area where a lot of Embassy people lived. I noticed one of the neighbors getting picked up in a sedan with a flag on the antenna that I didn't recognize. I started looking at world flags alphabetically, and fortunately it turned out to be Cambodia rather than Zimbabwe...

But I digress.... When I moved in, the housing office arranged for loaner furnature and appliances to be delivered. A crew of 3 or 4 Koreans showed up with the stuff, but when it came time to tote stuff up the stairs, a couple dudes picked up the full-size American refrigerator and put it on another dude's back. Then the one dude toted it up the stairs. Same thing with the washer and dryer. Pretty impressive work by small guys.

When I was stationed at Yongson, Korea, I lived in a second floor apartment in Seoul, near Itaewon in a cleaner area where a lot of Embassy people lived. I noticed one of the neighbors getting picked up in a sedan with a flag on the antenna that I didn't recognize. I started looking at world flags alphabetically, and fortunately it turned out to be Cambodia rather than Zimbabwe...

But I digress.... When I moved in, the housing office arranged for loaner furnature and appliances to be delivered. A crew of 3 or 4 Koreans showed up with the stuff, but when it came time to tote stuff up the stairs, a couple dudes picked up the full-size American refrigerator and put it on another dude's back. Then the one dude toted it up the stairs. Same thing with the washer and dryer. Pretty impressive work by small guys.

Thats funny!

When i was stationed over there i asked one of the Korean guys (KATUSA) in our unit how to say "lazy" in Korean, he said.. UH, we dont have that word LMAO

Just got this in. This guy is a GENIUS. I can wear my full face shied now, dont have to worry about shaving, always has a perfect seal... Safety and comfort in one!! Its awesome.

[video=youtube;XWNEmZMq4pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWNEmZMq4pY[/video]

One of my much older brothers once told me that when he was in Vietnam he saw a local carrying a jeep engine on an A-frame made out of bamboo and rope. I guess people can do nearly anything when they're desperate enough.

Thats a cool gizmo, woody.

Coincidentally, since raising a fuss yesterday with the post.office. My package was located and quickly made its way from Utah to Ohio in 24hrs (and time stamped at 4 locations along the way).its now out for delivery

Thats funny!

When i was stationed over there i asked one of the Korean guys (KATUSA) in our unit how to say "lazy" in Korean, he said.. UH, we dont have that word LMAO

Now I'm craving Ojinguh Bokum (approximate spelling...means "spicy squid")... I used to eat that two or three times a week for lunch at the KATUSA snack bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back