• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbi43

Platinum Member
A arvinn

So I’ve got a situation with a buyer who is tagged (the mods told me to tag him).

I posted a arcform slimfoot for sale on December 5th
He messaged me to buy on December 19th. Sold it , he received it and mentioned that it was a factory seconds. I didn’t know. I previously bought it off secondary and wasn’t told that it was. Either way I offered a refund. He ships it back to me on the 26th. I got home today to the package. Opened it and there is a tool inside. We messaged and are at a crossroad. I messaged a mod and The moderator told me to weigh the to see if it matches the packaging label. Unfortunately I have nothing to weigh it with. If anyone has one and can weigh theirs that would be awesome.

The buyer basically went on blaming me which I totally understand I wouldn’t have even offered a refund if I planned on scamming people. I sell on knafs and other forums and have never had any problems.

If this really wasn’t your doing and was tampered with during transit I will happily pay the difference of the insurance to you. Still doesn’t cover the fact that I’m out a knife.

Pictures of the box and weight will be attached also a link to the sales thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wts-spyderco-benchmade-two-sun-etc.1962774/

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1785.jpeg
    IMG_1785.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 14
I think you are in for a problem, unless it turns out that the buyer was scamming you. Insurance is very unlikely to pay on this since it was delivered.
It is very unfortunate
Google says 4.64 oz for a framelock

Can you take the package to the Post Office and ask them to weigh it for you? Sucks that you have to go through this.

Was the bubble wrap included in the knife box when you originally sent it? Was the mailing package well sealed when you received it? I find it hard to think that someone along the line took the time to replace the knife with a flashlight, but could have.

I sent the knife back for refund. I only had the knife out of the box for less than 5 minutes until I saw the label of the box that said “second” then i PM you right away. Once you explained that you didn’t know that it was factory seconds and to return for a refund I packaged the knife for return and dropped it off after Christmas. I paid for the return shipping and didn’t expect to get that back since you didn’t know it was factory seconds. I taped the box in the foam tightly so it wouldn’t rattle and had the bubble wrap on the knife like you sent it. I waited till you got the package to inspect the knife before issuing any refund. I saw that it was delivered today and waited for you to inspect it when you had a chance. I didn’tj request any refund ahead of time. I was going to wait a few days before PM to see the status if I didn’t get a refund since it’s the holidays. You PM me and accused me of fraud. I didn’t accuse you. I only mentioned that I taped the box inside and the priority mail box very well.
I have only been a member in BF for about 6 months. I’ve purchased over 150 knives here with no issue. Your knife was the first one I’ve had to send back because of issue. I also have 100% rating on eBay with over 1,100 purchases (never sold anything).

Attachments

• IMG_6255.jpeg
    IMG_6255.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 6
I think you are in for a problem, unless it turns out that the buyer was scamming you. Insurance is very unlikely to pay on this since it was delivered.
It is very unfortunate
Google says 4.64 oz for a framelock
Yes unfortunately and thank you I totally forgot to even think about what the knife actually weighs.

Can you take the package to the Post Office and ask them to weigh it for you? Sucks that you have to go through this.

Was the bubble wrap included in the knife box when you originally sent it? Was the mailing package well sealed when you received it? I find it hard to think that someone along the line took the time to replace the knife with a flashlight, but could have.
I’ll have to buy a scale posts aren’t open until Tuesday. The knife on google is 4.64 ounces
I sent the knife back for refund. I only had the knife out of the box for less than 5 minutes until I saw the label of the box that said “second” then i PM you right away. Once you explained that you didn’t know that it was factory seconds and to return for a refund I packaged the knife for return and dropped it off after Christmas. I paid for the return shipping and didn’t expect to get that back since you didn’t know it was factory seconds. I taped the box in the foam tightly so it wouldn’t rattle and had the bubble wrap on the knife like you sent it. I waited till you got the package to inspect the knife before issuing any refund. I saw that it was delivered today and waited for you to inspect it when you had a chance. I didn’tj request any refund ahead of time. I was going to wait a few days before PM to see the status if I didn’t get a refund since it’s the holidays. You PM me and accused me of fraud. I didn’t accuse you. I only mentioned that I taped the box inside and the priority mail box very well.
I have only been a member in BF for about 6 months. I’ve purchased over 150 knives here with no issue. Your knife was the first one I’ve had to send back because of issue. I also have 100% rating on eBay with over 1,100 purchases (never sold anything).
i get that you packaged well. Doesn’t take away from the fact that the knife wasn’t in the box and man honestly who cares about you selling, I sell too? I sell on multiple platforms just like you with no problems yet here I am with this BS to deal with. Also sure I accused you because of what was inside of the box and I’m mad. Then you replied “This is the first time someone tried to rip me off on BF”.

If you didn’t send me a “tool” then open a case for insurance and I’ll pay the difference. This is so ridiculous to deal with.

From looking at the photo, I don’t see a lot of tape on that box. I usually tape the hell out those USPS boxes, covering all edges and seams. It’s possible that someone tampered with the contents along the postal route. I agree with Peter about the insurance being a dead end. Perhaps you guys can just agree to split the loss and call it even.

I didn’t request a refund ahead of time. I expected you to inspect the knife before a refund. Why would I send a tool in its place?
That reply of rip off was only after you accused me. I’ve always given you the benefit of the doubt.
This is a hobby. I buy for enjoyment and slight addiction. In would never send back a tool.

I didn’t request a refund ahead of time. I expected you to inspect the knife before a refund. Why would I send a tool in its place?
That reply of rip off was only after you accused me. I’ve always given you the benefit of the doubt.
This is a hobby. I buy for enjoyment and slight addiction. In would never send back a tool.
Your point being? What I sent you wasn’t what I received. I buy for enjoyment too not to resell. Assuming id send you the refund after you sent tracking, If not then like I stated open an insurance case and I’ll pay you the difference. Not sure why you keep dodging that statement. If you in fact didn’t send me a tool then file insurance man.

The item was delivered. Filing an insurance claim will be a dead end like other people mentioned.

The item was delivered. Filing an insurance claim will be a dead end like other people mentioned.
This is literally one of the reasons package insurance exists. Weird that you wouldn’t even try.

Corbi43 Upon receipt was there any sign of the box being tampered with? Being open and resealed?
Was a new box used for the return?

It looks like the box was taped on the side and the ends.

Last edited:
Since it was originally bought off the secondary market, does someone have the receipt/invoice for the missing knife? USPS requires one to show value for an insurance claim.

A arvinn

So I’ve got a situation with a buyer who is tagged (the mods told me to tag him).

I posted a arcform slimfoot for sale on December 5th
He messaged me to buy on December 19th. Sold it , he received it and mentioned that it was a factory seconds. I didn’t know. I previously bought it off secondary and wasn’t told that it was. Either way I offered a refund. He ships it back to me on the 26th. I got home today to the package. Opened it and there is a tool inside. We messaged and are at a crossroad. I messaged a mod and The moderator told me to weigh the to see if it matches the packaging label. Unfortunately I have nothing to weigh it with. If anyone has one and can weigh theirs that would be awesome.

The buyer basically went on blaming me which I totally understand I wouldn’t have even offered a refund if I planned on scamming people. I sell on knafs and other forums and have never had any problems.

If this really wasn’t your doing and was tampered with during transit I will happily pay the difference of the insurance to you. Still doesn’t cover the fact that I’m out a knife.

Pictures of the box and weight will be attached also a link to the sales thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wts-spyderco-benchmade-two-sun-etc.1962774/
Does the tool look at all familiar? I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to exclude this being any form of mishap with shipping the wrong item to the wrong address.
I tried submitting a claim with USPS.

Arvinn
USPS Insurance includes a package arriving incomplete or otherwise tampered with. Good that you're filing a claim. The affidavit that you'll have to get Corbi43 Corbi43 to sign will be a good litmus test.
Since it was originally bought off the secondary market, does someone have the receipt/invoice for the missing knife? USPS requires one to show value for an insurance claim.
You don't need the original receipt. At least you didn't the last time I had to file a claim (about 3-4 years ago). You can simply use the website for a similar item for sale (e.g., BladeHQ or Ebay).

Does the tool look at all familiar? I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to exclude this being any form of mishap with shipping the wrong item to the wrong address.

No. The tool does not look familiar. It’s not one of mine.

So if the label hadn't said second would you have known? What were the glaring flaws?

Without the label I wouldn’t have been able to tell it was a factory second. I wouldn’t have purchased it for that price though knowing it was a factory second. New was originally priced at $305 and factory second is priced at $150.

Attachments

• IMG_6291.png
    IMG_6291.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 9
No. The tool does not look familiar. It’s not one of mine.
Then I think the only thing left to do is file a USPS case
Once filed, provided it's paid out, Corbi43 Corbi43 owes A arvinn his purchase price less the $$ paid by USPS insurance
Either way, Corbi43 Corbi43 owes you the purchase price
So if the label hadn't said second would you have known? What were the glaring flaws?

Without the label I wouldn’t have been able to tell it was a factory second. I wouldn’t have purchased it for that price though knowing it was a factory second. New was originally priced at $305 and factory second is priced at $150.
This is conjecture and really isn't fair. Not knowing would have been the worst answer here since you'd be in the same spot as Corbi43 Corbi43

This is a really S@!t situation IMHO
I'm sorry you folks are going thru this
Neither party seems to have outright ripped off the other and I doubt A arvinn is going to put his rep at risk for ~$300

A ? Going through my head
Exactly why is the seller responsible to pay off in this situation. When he sells, it is his responsability to pack well, insure and get the knife to the buyer. One main reason is he controls the shipping decisions. Dosen't the buyer have the same responsability on the return.
Not to say they can't settle any way they choice, but something I was wondering about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back