Slow reveal ...... the dark side emerges ...

...... well the finished article is now ready for shipping, what can I say except WOW! As soon as it arrives I will put together some images of the match pair.

Thanks to Russ for producing such an exceptional piece.

Cheers

Stephen

I inspected this piece very closely at the Smokey Mountain Hammer-in and it is a true Masterpiece.
BR Hughes was also extremely impressed with it.

You're not making the wait any easier!:):):)

Cheers

Stephen

It's a great looking knife, Stephen, may you be proud of it, and enjoy in good health!

And....B.R. Hughes was impressed with it!:D

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

It's a great looking knife, Stephen, may you be proud of it, and enjoy in good health!

And....B.R. Hughes was impressed with it!:D

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Agree with BR or not, (I generally do), he's certainly knows knives and he has influence.

Agree with BR or not, (I generally do), he's certainly knows knives and he has influence.

Before I unload on you.....;)

Stephen F....do you care one way or the other what B.R. Hughes thinks of this knife?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Stephen F....do you care one way or the other what B.R. Hughes thinks of this knife?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Other peoples opinions are good to hear, as long as they are sincere, and positive opinions are always nice as the meet a fundamental "survival" need for acceptance by the "pack".

But lets face it we collect custom knives - not all of us are looking for acceptance by the "pack". ............... and who's this B.R. Hughes person?:D:D

On a serious note, please , out of respect for both the intent of the thread, and the maker, take it out side.;);)

Cheers

Stephen

Other peoples opinions are good to hear, as long as they are sincere, and positive opinions are always nice as the meet a fundamental "survival" need for acceptance by the "pack".

But lets face it we collect custom knives - not all of us are looking for acceptance by the "pack". ............... and who's this B.R. Hughes person?:D:D

On a serious note, please , out of respect for both the intent of the thread, and the maker, take it out side.;);)

Cheers

Stephen

No worries amigo, as I said before, enjoy that great knife....I hope to see it in person sometime soon.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Not trying to speak for Stephen F, but more in generalities. I would think that any forged knife owner would care what BR Hughes thinks about his new forged Bowie since BR practically wrote the book for the ABS and actually teaches a seminar for "JS"-"MS" candidates on what the ultimate 'Mastersmith' knife should be. I was in BR and Greg Neely's seminar on such and the 2 hours and 15 minutes was as worthwhile a time as I have spent regarding custom knives.

My sharing with Stephen that I inspected his bowie closely and found it a masterpiece probably means little, however the same coming from BR Hughes should mean A LOT and be VERY WELCOMED.

Since Stephen sells some knives from time to time, I feel the very positive comments BR made regarding this Bowie could possibly even equate to additional value to many who may consider purchase of this knife in the future, if ever offered. IMO, BR is that respected and holds that kind of influence in the custom knife community.

This knife turned out AWESOME. The damascus, the fittings, the lines, the finish, the stag, all just awesome. Congrats to Russ and Stephen both.

That is one of the nicest subhilts i've ever seen. Seems like not many are made using those materials. The craftsmanship is superb.

Congrats Stephen!

Peter

Very nice knife

In fact fantastic knife

Congrats to both you and Russ for a real beauty

Kevin Jones posted:
I inspected this piece very closely at the Smokey Mountain Hammer-in and it is a true Masterpiece.
BR Hughes was also extremely impressed with it.

I also got a chance to see this knife at the Smokey Mouintain Hammer-in. It is really something.

You will not be disapointed when you receive it.

Jim Treacy

Just a super knife, Russ! Congrats Stephen! Enjoyed the progress of this fine sub-hilt, and the final result doesn't disappoint. Superb all the way around. :thumbup:

- Joe

Back