Smoke Jumper

Ordered mine Monday afternoon. Came today! (Wednesday) Bravo SKB!!!

The knife: Locks up well, no play. Edge ground even and acute. Shaves easily, push cuts phone book paper smoooooth.

Cool deal!

Last edited:
I wasn't happy with the blade play (up and down) on my Smoke Jumper. Shame because I like the light weight and premium steel.

I wasn't happy with the blade play (up and down) on my Smoke Jumper. Shame because I like the light weight and premium steel.

Bummer. Mine locks up tight. The edge was ground really obtuse, like 45 degrees included. I reprofiled it to 20 degrees included and it now cuts like a dream.

I have had mine for a week now and I really like it a lot. Very sharp right out of the box and looks up tight.

Had mine on my belt Friday afternoon while out on the farm LM Bass fishing. Had a Coyote with her Kits trot by the pond while I was fishing. OH

Had mine on my belt Friday afternoon while out on the farm LM Bass fishing. Had a Coyote with her Kits trot by the pond while I was fishing. OH
OH are you sure you had it? So lite I sometimes am not sure if I’m carrying it or not! :)

That’s so cool seeing the wildlife!

Last edited:
5A0DCE22-CD69-4DB2-94E6-B9B2D536892C.jpeg
This CPM 154 is amazing, I have been using the heck out of it since I got it and figured I would need to put it to the Sharp Maker....nope, about 20 strops each side and it is shaving hair again!

What has been y’alls experience with it so far?

My Smoke Jumper just arrived yesterday, and I have already started modifying it! (I know I am not the only one ;)) Just like Xr6x I took down the sharp edges in the blade pocket and I did some dying somewhat like Rebel Nimrod . I made the scales "pop" a little with some Orange RIT and I think it turned out pretty well. It's hard to tell in the pics with my phone, but the color is just a bit brighter and not so dull. I am digging this knife so far...20180731_105141.jpg

My Smoke Jumper just arrived yesterday, and I have already started modifying it! (I know I am not the only one ;)) Just like Xr6x I took down the sharp edges in the blade pocket and I did some dying somewhat like Rebel Nimrod . I made the scales "pop" a little with some Orange RIT and I think it turned out pretty well. It's hard to tell in the pics with my phone, but the color is just a bit brighter and not so dull. I am digging this knife so far...View attachment 956695
I like that color, good job!

I just had my Smoke Jumper stolen out of my car last night :( I had just decided last week to make it my car knife.

I've ordered a new one, but I am still mad about the theft.

My Smoke Jumper just arrived yesterday, and I have already started modifying it! (I know I am not the only one ;)) Just like Xr6x I took down the sharp edges in the blade pocket and I did some dying somewhat like Rebel Nimrod . I made the scales "pop" a little with some Orange RIT and I think it turned out pretty well. It's hard to tell in the pics with my phone, but the color is just a bit brighter and not so dull. I am digging this knife so far...View attachment 956695
So I saw your post on the Porch and I had to go and order one of these. What a smokin' hot deal.

When I went to find this knife I checked one of my regular dealers, then I thought, wait...I bet that's an SKBlades knife. Sure enough. :)

Back