Snark Will Tear Us Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the straight forward answer guys! I'll try to keep up. I can be a smarmy twit if need be. Growing up, my mom always told me I was so full of it my eyes are brown. The truth is, they are brown. Consider the infallible logic!

101° today. Not so bad. Feeling really cloudy and a bit nauseous though.

....But this too shall pass.

Got a growler and a BK16 headed to me from Dex. Thats going to make a great mail call.

First customer received his Hex Hawk and seems to really like it. That makes me HAPPY!!!

Good morning guys, one more day till x-mas and there is still no Becker kukuri under my tree:(
Well my dentist is cool about a year ago we made a deal trade knives for caps... He requested two camp knives, a Damascus knife and a trophy knife... I couldn't turn down this deal, so I made 3 and the 4th being the trophy knife, he gave me some drill bits and teeth... I ended up making an oak stand for it... When I finally presented him with it, he was so excited about it.

That's a real cool piece JD. Did you make a sheath for it too? Id like to see the whole package. I don't know what it is about dentists, but they seem to be fond of knives. I've done business with several of them. One time about 4 years ago I got a call from a dentist fairly close. He wanted to come to the shop and see what I had for sale, which was nothing but 4 very high priced decorative pieces, 2 fancy bowies, a inlayed dagger and another fileworked Yuma sized knife. He didn't bat a eye, he bought all four of them, come to think of it, it was this tie of year too, because we used the money to pay for Christmas.

In on 2 with more overtime to do!

hilarious f-bomb warning
[video=youtube;ZRFYAjS-PZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFYAjS-PZM[/video]

[video=youtube;uz2jbCJXkpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz2jbCJXkpA[/video]

I'll see your video, and raise you one.

Also be mindful of the language...

That's a real cool piece JD. Did you make a sheath for it too? Id like to see the whole package. I don't know what it is about dentists, but they seem to be fond of knives. I've done business with several of them. One time about 4 years ago I got a call from a dentist fairly close. He wanted to come to the shop and see what I had for sale, which was nothing but 4 very high priced decorative pieces, 2 fancy bowies, a inlayed dagger and another fileworked Yuma sized knife. He didn't bat a eye, he bought all four of them, come to think of it, it was this tie of year too, because we used the money to pay for Christmas.

No sheath, this is going in his achievement shelf in his office, I made the stand from an oak tree here from Tracy.

Good morning guys, one more day till x-mas and there is still no Becker kukuri under my tree:(
Well my dentist is cool about a year ago we made a deal trade knives for caps... He requested two camp knives, a Damascus knife and a trophy knife... I couldn't turn down this deal, so I made 3 and the 4th being the trophy knife, he gave me some drill bits and teeth... I ended up making an oak stand for it... When I finally presented him with it, he was so excited about it.

Very nice, JD! Any pictures of the others?

Thanks for the straight forward answer guys! I'll try to keep up. I can be a smarmy twit if need be. Growing up, my mom always told me I was so full of it my eyes are brown. The truth is, they are brown. Consider the infallible logic!

That's the spirit! And welcome, btw!

Interestingly enough, so are mine... I sense a trend here...

101° today. Not so bad. Feeling really cloudy and a bit nauseous though.

....But this too shall pass.

Got a growler and a BK16 headed to me from Dex. Thats going to make a great mail call.

First customer received his Hex Hawk and seems to really like it. That makes me HAPPY!!!

Feel better soon, Brother!

Edit: Almost forgot to point out that "three is the place to be."

Hey, welcome ManchVegas! Stick around and maybe you'll be partying with the Northeast 'Heads soon. Gotta get some more Granite 'taters in on this gig.

My hernia surgery is scheduled for the 13th, what knife should I have them use?

Very nice, JD! Any pictures of the others?

That's the spirit! And welcome, btw!

Interestingly enough, so are mine... I sense a trend here...

Feel better soon, Brother!

Edit: Almost forgot to point out that "three is the place to be."

I can't find the other two pictures of the knives but here's the Damascus one I made. His request was that I use Damascus from the country from Damascus because he is from there.

Slept through the one, but in on two!

Good morning all !!

That was on one...

You guys still using dial-up or something? Is that why your settings are on 20 posts per page, is that all your connection can handle? If I could go more than 40 I would. The BK9 says to change your settings.

I can't find the other two pictures of the knives but here's the Damascus one I made. His request was that I use Damascus from the country from Damascus because he is from there.

Also very nice! I'll assume the country is Syria since Damsacus is in that country.

That was on one...

You guys still using dial-up or something? Is that why your settings are on 20 posts per page, is that all your connection can handle? If I could go more than 40 I would. The BK9 says to change your settings.

Nope, two for us normal folk. The BK21 says don't mess with the settings...we have to have standards.

I've been on a traditional knife kick for some reason...
Some time ago I got hooked on some used Camillus goodies (TL-29, Barlows,...) and now I've got a Case Chestnut bone Peanut coming my way, as well as a whole variety of patterns in amber bone by Rough Rider. I somehow needed a knife fix, and when that urge arises, I tend to switch between Beckers and Traditionals. Now the pendulum swung back to the traditionals.
Soon though... rbk... pendulum...other side... hmmmm

Before I left Gus to the rain, I got in a nice hike this morning.

2B75805A-8B95-4073-B4B8-70DF1F82BCC3_zpsll8hvlli.jpg

65850E1A-3AF1-4209-89E7-FDADBC6A78B3_zpshnyji9cw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back