Snark Will Tear Us Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people sure are quiet this evening.

I don't have a life either. Wrapping Christmas presents for my kids. Drinking beer & avoiding SWMBO. With luck, some of my sanity will remain intact on January 1. But I'm not counting on it.

'Twas the night before Christmas Eve and all through the snark,

Not a snarker was stirring, not even for snacks...

Good morning guys, one more day till x-mas and there is still no Becker kukuri under my tree:(
Well my dentist is cool about a year ago we made a deal trade knives for caps... He requested two camp knives, a Damascus knife and a trophy knife... I couldn't turn down this deal, so I made 3 and the 4th being the trophy knife, he gave me some drill bits and teeth... I ended up making an oak stand for it... When I finally presented him with it, he was so excited about it.

JD, that's a really sweet "trophy" knife. I had to read your post twice before I realized the "staples" on the handle were really dental drill bits.

You people sure are quiet this evening.

Just got done prepping wine bottles for "bottling day" tomorrow. My nephew showed up a day early and I'm drafting him to help me bottle ~50 bottles of wine and mead tomorrow morning and then transfer 15 more gallons (5 of blackberry wine, 5 of mead and 5 of blackberry melomel - mead with blackberry juice added) from primaries to secondaries. Then i'll just have to wait a year or two for them to age (tomorrow's bottled stuff - the 15 gallons will sit in secondaries for a couple of months before I bottle them).

JJust got done prepping wine bottles for "bottling day" tomorrow. My nephew showed up a day early and I'm drafting him to help me bottle ~50 bottles of wine and mead tomorrow morning and then transfer 15 more gallons (5 of blackberry wine, 5 of mead and 5 of blackberry melomel - mead with blackberry juice added) from primaries to secondaries. Then i'll just have to wait a year or two for them to age (tomorrow's bottled stuff - the 15 gallons will sit in secondaries for a couple of months before I bottle them).

Awesome man. My father in law likes to tell the story about when he was young, his father would barter for grapes to make wine. He would take a grape and rub it across a weather faded board, and could somehow tell the grapes were right for wine making. He would send my fil to the store, to purchase Sicilian sulphur, to smoke the barrels with, etc. His job as a little boy, was to go to the basement, and fill the wine bottle for his father every evening, when he got home from work. Of course the story is longer, and sounds better when he tells it, but you just reminded me of that story.

Gotcha. Thought maybe there was a specific, potentially sanity draining event.

uh....Christmas? Followed by New Year? All the hopes & wishes for the year past and the one to come piled into one week - In my accounting of things, that's too much for most human beans to live up to. Not that there haven't been some positive things from the past year, but I haven't yet purchased gifts for my brother or sister yet. But I've got 24 hrs., so I'm totally, like, chillin'. Did I mention I was also having a few beers?

Hey Gus....

Just checked weather for wher I think you are....... Looks real damp..... Stay dry my friend and safe.....

Ethan

uh... but I haven't yet purchased gifts for my brother or sister yet. But I've got 24 hrs., so I'm totally, like, chillin'. Did I mention I was also having a few beers?

This is a procedure I have followed for many years. Sometimes somebody gets a lizard for Christmas, but it works for the most part.

This is a procedure I have followed for many years. Sometimes somebody gets a lizard for Christmas, but it works for the most part.

I've got two boys in my house that would be giddy if they got a lizard. And don't forget sheer and utter joy our dog would experience receiving one. Things would be broken everywhere.

green rainy xmas this year. no snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back