some projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really doing some sweet work Christoph. Looks good down here!

now, on the spearpoint langseax, should I do a tradition horizontal dangler?

Wulfsrhunting- that reminds me, I need to verify your sheath style. long expedition style with the piggyback?

i think that the horizontal would be cool, very traditional too. maybe make one on the loops a little longer, so that is some-what diagonal. that way, the length wouldnt be as much of a trouble.

i think that the horizontal would be cool, very traditional too. maybe make one on the loops a little longer, so that is some-what diagonal. that way, the length wouldnt be as much of a trouble.

Funny you mentioned that, because that's what I was thinking yesterday. What would really be cool is if the sheath was even more modular than the Expedition sheaths, and could be worn and configured in all sorts of ways. I love modularity.

Hrm. Alll that's really needed is a pair of square Dees on the straps of an expedition sheath and a few more bits of strap.

I'd go edge down with a 'sword carry', the purely traditional edge up horizontal dangle from the way back when era is a bit hard on modern clothes and furniture.

and here we go:

the langseax handle a bit smoother rough shpaed:

20090407-1.jpg

and working on the trail knife (this right after hitting some 180 grit hand work and before finishing up):

20090407-4.jpg

20090407-5.jpg

20090407-6.jpg

Damn, Christof, you don't make it easy to buy just one. These last couple you are showing have me drooling. Really nice creations. I'm sending you an email for some prices.

Looking good!!! I had an idea for the little one. How about a wharnie with the same handle design? So the look is almost opposite. That is if you haven't started already.

Could be. I really have a liking for the dropped edge on wharnies, but a full hilted handle could be fun to do.

Come to Papa! She looks real good! Another proud parent.

Where do you get the screws?

The screws are called "chicago screws" and you can get fairly low quality ones at Ace, decent ones like the ones we use at Tandy* and they can be found online in everything from plastic to titanium (and every price from pennies to $20 for a screw!)

* Note about Tandy- we do NOT get our leather there and generally don't recommend it (there are exceptions). We dont' get our dye there, either. For most fittings and for most tools below 'custom high end' level, it's the easiest place to go once a month to get needles and thread and poky bits and buckles and so on.

Oh, right- put some threadlocker on the chicago screws when you get them set up where you want them. Loctice blue or nail polish both work well and can be removed when you want to switch things around.

Damn, you made another one. It looks like it is either longer or the blade is thinner than mine.

It's too bad Reno is an seven hour drive, I would come for a visit. There is a gun show here this weekend...

and here's some 1084-

I did a slim dagger a while back out of an old file - I am not really all that big on using files, but sometimes they work out for a project. I got an order for a slightly larger slim dagger and decided to use some 1084. Really sturdy beast, here.

199-1.jpg

199-2.jpg

199-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back