some projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's a traditional leuku pattern, nice long blade-

174-1.jpg

Wow!

169-1.jpg

:thumbup:

They all look fantastic Christof! Sheath work on that leuku is gorgeous!

I almost feel bad putting these up, since STR is so stacked on orders, but I've been running some blades for him to make the urban survival puukko style folders, got mine in and it's amazing! There's bound to be a wait time if you want one, but you can always ask :D

BUSTER-1.jpg

BUSTER-2.jpg

BUSTER-3.jpg

I'm not much for thumb studs, that that is pretty cool. I love that micarta.

i usually dont like folders in that category, but this one is certainly an exception. do you know if he has a website?

I looked around for a while looking for a rough and tumble folder that matched my using style- which pretty much matches my making style :)

I found STR makign these but with a limited stock on ragweed forge's cobbler blades and offered to do some blades up- I'm really happy.

He's got a forum on here "STR's backyard knifeworks"

No forging today, so no heat treating, but I've got a few blades I'm getting ready for it when the wind dies down. We're pulling 40mph gusts right now, and that's just a bit much for the forge area. Hell, I'm glad my shop is still standing, we topped out at 46mph according to a local weather guage yesterday!

a 6 inch blade 3/16 trail knife with a full convex grind going on, a big dirk, long seax in the fighting style, a british naval style dirk (sorta like a sword bayonet) that I'm working on and a mammoth ivory handled scandi grind wharncliffe blade. The wharnie is using some of my old old OLD stock bandsaw from the PNW which matches up quite well with the old Yukon ivory. There's another ivory handled seax in the pile that I somehow didn't photograph again, but the scales arent' glued up yet, so it's a mess to look at right now.

20090330-1.jpg

20090330-2.jpg

20090330-3.jpg

20090330-4.jpg

20090330-5.jpg

20090330-1.jpg

yeppers. I'ts all drilled and forge blackened again, I'll hope to update photos tomorrow. I need to get a new camera, I keep losing ours to my wife and now my son.

That trail knife is one of the coolest, smoothest looking knives I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished...and please post the sheath pic too!

What's the handle size on this one?

I hope to be ordering one.

Jason

Last edited:
Part of my job is taking pictures, arrowheads can be really small. Fuji makes a real nice one that takes super macro shots for less than three hundred. It looks like a slr, but works as easy as a point and shoot. It is a finepix s700; durable too! Mine made it through over twenty dust storms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back