Some SAK love

I don't usually carry a SAK but do have a few. As millions of people have known through out the years and you guys too these knives are very useful and durable unless you're Onebigbill Onebigbill who seems to have gotten a little ham fisted:eek: with the torx screw on one of his SAK knives.:D
Ed...I'm guilty as charged:p. The maker is sending to me a complete set of custom made Torx screws and pivot barrels...hope I won't be needing them all:rolleyes:.

Ed...I'm guilty as charged:p. The maker is sending to me a complete set of custom made Torx screws and pivot barrels...hope I won't be needing them all:rolleyes:.

That's good. Post some pictures when you get your SAK fixed. Don't forget the "before" pics. Oh, don't feel bad - I've been a little ham fisted with some of my knives in the past and probably will be in the future.:)

That's good. Post some pictures when you get your SAK fixed. Don't forget the "before" pics. Oh, don't feel bad - I've been a little ham fisted with some of my knives in the past and probably will be in the future.:)
I was trial fitting it all together the other day. Very surprised at how easy it was ...as long as I had plenty of photos that is.:D I'll be sure to do before and after shots.

Kind of curious about some of your preferences out there - my Compact Mod came with a really nice clip that was machined into the knife. Wasn't sure I would like the clip because I usually deep carry my knives.:rolleyes: It came with a filler plate so I removed the clip (photo below) but to tell you the truth I think it looks better with the clip.o_O
IMG_2263.JPG

Last edited:
Here are a few of mine. These all have the plastic (can't think of the proper name for them) covers. What is the proper name for the material making up the red covers?

gFjNYfr.jpg

I've got some Alox covered SAKs that I'll post pictures of another time.

Here are a few of mine. These all have the plastic (can't think of the proper name for them) covers. What is the proper name for the material making up the red covers?

gFjNYfr.jpg

I've got some Alox covered SAKs that I'll post pictures of another time.

I believe they call it cellidor?

I really like that clip. Can you tell me where to get one?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I really can't help you locate a "suspension clip" like that.
When I first joined Blade Forums, a guy sent me that clip. He had made it up at his workplace one time.
I just hang the knife in my pocket with the clip slid onto the edge of the pocket, and the weight of the knife seems to be enough to keep the "hanger" in place. Works like a charm!

- GT

Sorry, I thought it was a SAK thread.
If it's a SAK without a pocket clip it's fine. If the discussion hadn't turned to a discussion on pocket clips I likely wouldn't have commented.

If it's a SAK without a pocket clip it's fine. If the discussion hadn't turned to a discussion on pocket clips I likely wouldn't have commented.
I believe that I'm the guilty one who started the illegal conversation. I have edited my post appropriately and apologize for the slip-up.:confused:

Back