Special Edition 2000 wood inlay

James, Cow Palace Gunshow, Sat., Sun.

Bongod, not yet. Somewhere in the pipeline, I'm told.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

Dennis:
Talked to Bridget today about when I will be getting my small curly maple inlay. She brought up page two of this thread where you posted those beautiful pictures of the "burly maple" and elder box inlay. Scott the CRK shop foreman said that those knives were maple burl. She actually had my knife in her hand and compared it to the maple burl in your picture. She said that the curly maple is lighter in color than the maple burl but darker than the elder box. She was putting the finishing touches on the three small left hand inlays and was going to send them out UPS today or tomorrow. Me, Rick and a guy named duncan should be getting our woods by Friday Nov 10. I will post a pic ASAP that is if I don't faint or stroke out when I finally get it.

Let's hope so Scott.
smile.gif

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

Originally Posted By Scott Dog:

Me, Rick and a guy named duncan should be getting our woods by Friday Nov 10.

Congrat's I guess. Errrrr.....I guess that we're happy that you 3 will be sportin' "wood" by this Friday!
rolleyes.gif

Just ask Bridget if they come with a FOB or not! hehe
wink.gif

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GigOne
"Livin' Life - Full Throttle"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon & a Walter Brend Model 2!"
icon82.gif

Okay boys! My baby is home and she be a small curly maple left hand inlay. She's a beauty. The wood has a holograph look. As you turn it, the stripes get wider or closer together and the colors change. It is not to be believed! I've seen nothing like it in this thread. Everything that has been said about the inlays is true and then some. The inlay makes the knife more hand friendly and it opens like a dream. This knife must be held to be truly appreciated. Sorry but I'm going to make arrangements to be buried with this baby. She will be my constant companion. Just incredible!
Get on your bibs and feast your eyes!

View

View

View

Yum Yum Yum
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Scott Dog (edited 11-11-2000).]

Scott, Great looking knife; want to sell it?
smile.gif

Here's my small redwood burl.

View

and
View

I couldn't be happier.

------------------

WOW and WOW ! These are beautiful guys. I can't wait for mine. But I will
smile.gif

------------------
=========================
cut here

Buck Collectors Club #942

Mike, Scott and I got the first two Left Handed Sebenzas Friday.

CRK didn't make them in 1999.

------------------

Rick I wanted to get a small but they were gone. So I am getting a large damascus inlay. Sometime in November. Hopefully
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
=========================
cut here

Buck Collectors Club #942

Well I'm going to post my $.02 worth. Just got my wood inlay today. Picked up an ironwood woody! Quite a knife! Love the contrasts in the handle colors and the ironwood is simply awesome! Just one question. Do any of you carry your woodies?
Just wondering.

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

I carry mine daily. I didn't pay that kind of money (but worth every penny) and wait eight months for delivery to let this beauty sit in a locked up case. I work in a hospital and I see people die frequently. Some as young as 22. Chris Reeve makes his knives to be used. Granted, my baby (I call it Tiger because of the stripes) gets very light duty. At home it rides in my front left jeans pocket (I'm a lefty) and at work it rides in my scrub shirt pocket covered over by my lab coat. At home I use it to cut apples and oranges and to open packages and other light cutting duties. At work I use it to open medical equipement sealed in plastic bags and to open boxes of medical supplies. I even use it when I notice that I have missed a spot while shaving in the morning. Its' performance is flawless. Sometimes I go to the bathroom just to have a chance to take it out to admire it. Every day I find a new touch that I didn't notice before. The backspacer that on the standard is blue is the color of the wood in the inlay. The CR 2000 is also tinted in a color that is close to the color of the wood. The knife has a fuller feeling than the standard and the thumb slips naturally to the opening lug. Blade as scary sharp from the tip to the other end. My motto is that if I can't carry it, I don't want it. I'm not going to die without getting the most pleasure as possible out of Tiger. What if you lock your inlay away and a couple days later get run over by a bus and you end up a vegetable? Morbid maybe but it could and does happen. One day you are healthy and robust and next day you are on life support and paralyzed from the neck down with every bone in your body broken. It happens, I see it. I live it. It's part of my world. I say carry it, use common sense, don't carry it a pocket with keys or change and save the really dirty stuff for your standard Sebenza. Just my two cents. And you can send it back to be refinished.

Well said. I carry and use my small sebenza daily and can think of few pleasures better than using a great knife. Just like one forumite (sorry, can't for the life remember who) said: "Life is too short to carry an ugly knife"

I've got plenty of other good knives including some which cost a lot more than the small Sebby, but I don't have one that I enjoy using more.

Red

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

I have not yet received my Woodie, but when I do it will be carried every day. That is what it is being purchased for.

Earlier in this post, several days ago, I started to get on and make the comment that the wood inlay models were nice, but not deserving of this much praise. I know, heresay. I held my thoughts and post until I could see for myself. As I stated in my post yesterday my large sebenza with ironwood got here. I sure am glad I didn't open mouth and insert foot! This has got to be the best looking folder I have seen. The wood just fits perfectly. Not just the cutouts, but the overall concept of the knife! It is absolutly gorgeous. It fills out the handle and fits my hand perfectly. I knew the Sebenza's were good knives from the standard model I have, but this just makes it even better. For some reason it seems to open smoother, lock up tighter, and cut easier. I know it doesn't, just feels that way!
I even put a coat of Johnson's Paste Wax on the wood last night, and man that just set the beauty of the ironwood off.
So, sorry for those negative thoughts. Needless to say they are now ALL POSITIVE!
All I can say now is WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE WOODIES!

P.S. fixing to polish my woody and show the wife! hope she handles it with the same care I do!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

I'm finally gettig a chance to put these up. Amazing how busy it gets being a one man shop.

These came in late last week, just before the trip to San Francisco. Small ones, the first two shots are Bronze Raindrop Damascus with Maple Burl inlay.

View

View

The next two are Black & White Raindrop Damascus W/Redwood burl inlay. The pattern is more subtle on this one. Not a lot of contrast. Beautiful wood, though.

View

View

View

Enjoy!

PS, Scott Dog, you seem to be getting the hang of this picture thing. Nice shots of your new baby.

RGray, The Redwood on your new one could have been cut from the same piece as the one here. I know it doesn't look like the same but my picture doesn't do the color justice. Lighting was a bit off. That Redwood is really something.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 11-17-2000).]

Dennis,