1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by RamZar, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Peacedivision

Peacedivision

Sep 4, 2018
    21. Dragonfly2 Emerson Opener VG-10 Dark Gray FRN (Japan)

showing available now

2. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Yes, the Lil' Native would be a part of this family too but I didn't mention it because (although there are some exceptions) I generally do not collect knives in the 2.5" range, which are just too small for my taste.

3. William Entenmann

William Entenmann

Mar 20, 2019
    Dangit missed it again! Ha thanks for trying to keep me posted afraid I’ve been busy all day.

4. Applecider3

Applecider3 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Thursday 7:42 pacific time bladehq has pm2 maxamet

5. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    Thank you. I did get one and a free Boker Subcom. What a deal. Sold out again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. Applecider3

Applecider3 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2019
    I checked out so fast I forgot the freebie. Just saying.

7. LoveMeSumSpydies

LoveMeSumSpydies

Aug 1, 2018
    Not trying to sound stupid, but does anyone know if the Rex 45 is ever going to be released again, I ask because on some sites it says out of stock, instead of discontinued, like BladeHQ. I also wonder if they'll bring previously done steels to these lw para 3 and pm2 models, such as a steel like rex, and/or superblue.

8. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    It’s possible, we’ve seen HAP40 and SB appear later on, years after sprints.

After all, REX45 is an American made HSS, it’s fairly exotic but not impossible to get.

9. sgt1372

Oct 16, 2018
    Any signs of a LW P4 available anywhere yet?

Don't plan on buying one but I'd like to compare one side-by-side w/a G10 P4 just to see what differences there are (apart from the obvious) between them.

10. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013

marcus52AR likes this.
  11. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013

12. LoveMeSumSpydies

LoveMeSumSpydies

Aug 1, 2018
    Is that a dodo I SEE, coming in M4?! Take my money now!

13. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Added to the Upcoming List in Post #1:

• Dodo CPM-M4 Natural G-10 BladeHQ (USA)
    • Chaparral CTS-XHP White/Black G-10 (Taiwan)

5-by-5 likes this.
  14. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Wow, that Dodo is going to make some people very happy. I'd love to get one but no way I could ever sharpen that blade!

15. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Congratulations to Spyderco for winning the Most Innovative American Design: Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight at the 2019 Blade Show.

16. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Is the Chap all G10 of different colors?

17. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    On the upcoming Chaparral Sun/Moon G-10, one side is White with a Red circle (depicting the Sun) and the other side is Black with a Silver circle (depicting the Moon).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    orangejoe35 and John_0917 like this.
  18. 4thpoint

4thpoint

Sep 28, 2015
    The white side should be glow in the dark scale.

19. sgt1372

Oct 16, 2018
    Really?

Congratulations, however, while I love Spyders and own over 100 of them, someone please explain to me (and others) what exactly is "innovative" about putting FRN scales on a Para 3 and calling it "lightweight"?

20. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    The winners of the various categories of the Blade Show awards are voted on by their fellow exhibiting peers.

Spyderco did a good job incorporating their compression lock into FRN handles without large nested liners thus weighing an ounce less than the G-10 model.

“The Lightweight’s streamlined design includes a minimalist liner on one side of the blade’s pivot and a separate stainless steel lock bar. Both are firmly nested into molded cavities in the scales, which also include molded-in threaded inserts that anchor key assembly screws.”

Check out the April 2019 Spyderco Byte newsletter for more details including a good video by Eric Glesser.

https://mailchi.mp/spyderco/spyderco-april-byte-2019

Spydergirl88 likes this.