Spyderco Military CF 52100

I have only used SR-101 which is a Bussekin version of 52100. Great steel but rusts pretty easily most likely more than M4.

I love my Mule 52100.
Excited for this Millie! Very glad they chose the Military as the first folder to get this steel.

I will probably be ditching the CF scales though, but we shall see...

I love my Mule 52100.
Excited for this Millie! Very glad they chose the Military as the first folder to get this steel.

I will probably be ditching the CF scales though, but we shall see...

Im thinking a patina with CF scales is going to look awesome!

I wish it was something like the CF on the Gayle Bradley, but I imagine it will be the peel ply. :/

I have a custom in 52100 and it rusts if I look at it sideways... For my folder use I prefer steels that don't stain as easily.. I get wet and exposed to seawater a lot though...

Interesting... I have a camp knife made by Ivan Campos in 52100, I forced a patina and it seems to be quite resistant to rust.

Used it quite a bit in the tropics but admittedly not in a saltwater environment.

I have a custom in 52100 and it rusts if I look at it sideways... For my folder use I prefer steels that don't stain as easily.. I get wet and exposed to seawater a lot though...

It is a bit better after getting a partial patina.. Nice steel though and works great even with a very thin edge.

I'm really looking forward to this one! I was a little surprised when I read Carbon Fiber handles, but I can live with those.

I was excited until I saw the price. Aside from titanium models it looks like it'll be one of the most expensive military sprint runs I've seen. Hopefully the carbon fiber isnt peel ply for that price...

Haha, actually I was just thinking if it was going to be CF, I hope atleast it was peel ply like the Yojimbo S90V (never owned a CF Millie nor CF PM2).

I was excited until I saw the price. Aside from titanium models it looks like it'll be one of the most expensive military sprint runs I've seen. Hopefully the carbon fiber isnt peel ply for that price...
I've read a few times that 52100 is difficult to work with in a production setting. Difficult=more time=more cost for them and ultimately more cost for us.

I wish it was something like the CF on the Gayle Bradley, but I imagine it will be the peel ply. :/
I definitely understand that everyone has their own taste, and can appreciate that. But personally, I am not a fan of the CF "skin" over G-10 that Spyderco uses. Of course, I have become a CF junkie and like the real thing better. Just curious, why do you like the CF/ G-10 better?

Expensive yes, but in the ball park for a CF sprint run.

I paid $220 in Mar 2012 for the M390 CF Miltary (Knifeworks exclusive).

The peel ply carbon fiber does nothing for me except add cost. Oh well, I want the knife and if funds allow I will get it. Carbon fiber military scales should be easy to sell and this knife is begging for some canvas micarta anyway. :)

The peel ply carbon fiber does nothing for me except add cost. Oh well, I want the knife and if funds allow I will get it. Carbon fiber military scales should be easy to sell and this knife is begging for some canvas micarta anyway. :)

You nearly read my mind (except I do like how peel ply CF grips and feels). I was thinking finer thread micarta, in a light burgundy/tan, similar to what I have on my Mule 52100.

Back