Spyderco's clips

Jill,
Sorry about the clip. I would be upset as well. Do we like this or not(most likely not), it looks like this is company policy: "no free clips". I never had a clip problem, but I had some other issues, which were resolved by CS or dealers. Which were upsetting because like any knifenut I want my knife now and ends-up me paying $6-7 more than I intended. The only good thing is after problem is fixed, all negatives are getting forgotten.
I didn't mean to imply the dealer would stock extra clips. I meant if the dealer called Spyderco directly on the customers behalf to request a new clip.
From my experience, which comes from few dealers, they offer to exchange, which cost shipping or contact Spydercos CS.

When something is sold as new it should look new. If it's not the company should stand behind it.

Chewed up looking ends and the line of marks, running down the clip, I've seen more than once on NIB, Spydercos and more than once I've called, only to have to pay for another clip. (this one has some bonus marks up top) Well, I'm not paying again. It may just be a clip, but it's on a darn high priced knife and Spyderco should be sure it reflects the craftmanship of the rest of the knife!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've had issues with their clips as well. They seem to get marked up and come loose much more easily than the clips on other knives I own. Spyderco remains among my favorite manufacturers, but I'd like to see them address this issue.

I agree 100%. Spydercos aren't cheap so to expect a good fit & finish is not out of line. I got a manix 2 sprint run once and one of the liners was all wavey and uneven, I was disappointed but just had to deal with it. Did you try contacting the dealer to see if they could maybe get you another clip? I know spyderco won't give you one but they might give one to a dealer.

There's absolutely no excuse for a new knife to have scratches and gouges on the clip. The clip should be replaced by the dealer free of charge. I'm sure the finishing process involves tumbling in a ceramic medium to remove any burrs, marks or scratches. Your knife looks like someone to a pliers to the end of it. The Ti Military a higher end knife and the finish should reflect that.

Last edited:
I can't believe they won't just suck it up and give you a new godd*mn clip. That's just wrong.

well maybe if Jill was a good loyal customer they would, but look at this weak collection, and then to have such unreasonably high expectations, what makes you so special? :p

2z6usyc.jpg

Hi Jill,

thanx much for the head's up. Shouldn't happen.

I'll forward to Charlynn. She can send you a clip.

sal

Last edited:
Hi Jill,

thanx much for the head's up. Shouldn't happen.

I'll forward to Charlynn. She can send you a clip.

sal

Thank you Sal, I hate to gripe but I have called and the ladies always have refused to do anything other than charge me for a new clip. I can understand how some people would lie and try to gain new clips when they damaged the existing themselves, but in this case the knife was indeed NIB and they have been in the past, when I've asked. Again thanks for taking care of this.

Maybe you got a return from your dealer? Someone carried it and decided it wasn't for them and sent it back? Then you got the resulting scratched up clip? I personally have never gotten a clip like that on any of mine.

Maybe you got a return from your dealer? Someone carried it and decided it wasn't for them and sent it back? Then you got the resulting scratched up clip? I personally have never gotten a clip like that on any of mine.

I don't believe that's the case, as there is absolutely no marks on the TI handle and the rest of the knife is flawless as well. Plus, I've seen the exact same inline marks and chewed up looking end on these shiny clips before, from Golden.

Glad to see you are taken care of. I haven't had to use spyderco's CS yet but having Sal address someone personally always makes me smile.

Mr. Glesser,

You affirm Spyderco as one of my favorite companies. It's always a bit amazing to see a company's owner handle an issue like this.

Hi Moniker,

Thanx for your kind comment. By way of explanation:

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

sal

Spyderco some of the very best knives but

They Quibble about the craziest things,I had almost the same situation with a native pocket clip

Hi Moniker,

Thanx for your kind comment. By way of explanation:

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!

sal

This is the reason Spyderco is number one in my book and I choose to support them with my hard earned dollars by buying their exceptional knives. Ever thought of running for President Sal????? You got my vote!

Back