Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

Here's a couple of those Ohta's you like, just to get back on topic.
IMG_20130702_084945_878.jpg

Gary, I love that Ohta Swayback! I have been shopping on his site.......I will get one! :thumbup:

Oh Boy Harry.........you got the bug too!! :eek: Nice collection with great looking stag! :thumbup::D

Mark : I don't think that that I just now caught the Stag Bug . I came down with that ailment about 8 or 9 years ago when I bought my first Stag on a small Case . Since then , I have always preferred Stag . Problem is in getting to see the actual knife before you buy it. There are a lot of Enablers on the forums that post some very nice Stag. You are one of them.

Harry

No....those are my loves, Gary!!!:D

I know, Gevo! I've sure have posted them enough times! I appreciate the comments!

Ok, Mark and Harry, those are some stag beauties! I wish Case would learn how to source and haft stag like GEC does. Gorgeous examples!

GT, we all know Kris is the King of Damascus and maybe stag too! I do love me some nice stag though and jump at the chance to add more whenever I can.
I happened on the Ohta's over a period of a few years and have not regretted it. They've all been sharpened and get carried often. Great little knives. I think he mimics the old Sheffield cutlers in his traditional work. Everything precise and polished to perfection.

That RR Canoe looks pretty nice!

Gary, I love that Ohta Swayback! I have been shopping on his site.......I will get one! :thumbup:

It's one of my favorites, Mark. All the Ohta's I have are ATS-34 and he does such a great job on finishing you'll be happy I'm sure. The stag is Primo. He must have some secret stash to draw from.

Thanks Gary. Kris is the king of Damascus for sure, but your stag customs are no slouches. I haven't seen good stag on Case knives since the 1970's.......there are exceptions.

Thanks Gary. Kris is the king of Damascus for sure, but your stag customs are no slouches. I haven't seen good stag on Case knives since the 1970's.......there are exceptions.

The stag that I have on Case knives really is hit and miss. Tha Barlow that I got last fall was okay on one side and pretty bland on the other. All of the others are double bolstered and therefore missing much of the stag look. I totally agree with your statement about Kris and Gary.

Harry

I know, Gevo! I've sure have posted them enough times! I appreciate the comments!

Ok, Mark and Harry, those are some stag beauties! I wish Case would learn how to source and haft stag like GEC does. Gorgeous examples!

GT, we all know Kris is the King of Damascus and maybe stag too! I do love me some nice stag though and jump at the chance to add more whenever I can.
I happened on the Ohta's over a period of a few years and have not regretted it. They've all been sharpened and get carried often. Great little knives. I think he mimics the old Sheffield cutlers in his traditional work. Everything precise and polished to perfection.

That RR Canoe looks pretty nice!

Thanks, Gary! :) No popcorn in that canoe, but I have to ease my way into the world of stag, I think. :rolleyes:

- GT

Holy Cow!! This thread is dormant for 4 weeks and then explodes with a stunning stag extravaganza that leaves this stag voyeur breathless! :thumbup::eek::thumbup:

That's a fantastic fivesome, Mark; really superb! :thumbup::thumbup: I'm really drawn to the one on the far right; was that your first stag 73? Relating this to an interesting thread you started a while back, are yours all burnt stag? Have you ever posted a "compare and contrast" of your impressions of 83 vs. 73?

Primble and Jeff, your stag Eurekas are gorgeous! I was taught that "eureka" means "I have found it!", and you gentlemen have certainly found beauties! :cool:;):cool:

I tend to think of Kris as the King of Stag, but then Gary displays some of his Ohtas, and I think Kris and Gary must be co-rulers of stag; absolutely gorgeous examples! :thumbup::p

Superb, Charlie!! :thumbup::cool: Those seven (7!?!) Eric's Jacks are certainly not the Seven Dwarves of stag knives! :rolleyes:

Brett, your red stag is awesome! :cool::thumbup:

SBSteve, your stag is also fantastic! I've been drooling over those stag 73s all summer (or maybe longer - I'm losing my sense of time :eek:); congrats on picking one up!! :thumbup::thumbup:

And while I was typing a reply, Harry shows off another outstanding stag quintet (on the L,F, & C box I admire so much)!! :thumbup::):thumbup:

I don't have any stag in the same galaxy as the supernova examples you folks have displayed today, but in the past couple of months I finally have picked up a couple of stag-handled knives that I'm happy to have, and I feel obligated to post a photo of one I haven't shown here yet. It's a Rough Rider stag canoe.

l3lYZbHl.jpg

PgA5G2vl.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the compliment Mark and Gary...

YES !!! Stag is addictive and Old Engineer has me looking up what's left at the dealer sites on the stag 83's.
And Gary the RR with the round shield is terrific looking and a bargain for a stag piece

That's a trio of beauties, John! Be hard to pick just one. You've obviously solved that dilemma.

Thanks Gary! I should be set ... but am always on the hunt! :)

Back