Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

DSCF4519_zpsk2gwd955.jpg~original

Somehow I neglected to look at this thread a week ago. :( I missed some fine stag examples!
A John Lloyd,
IMG_4109_zpsenmw8ykr.jpg
IMHO, that stag is about as good as it gets, Augie!! Thanks for showing it! :thumbup:

This week's arrival: GEC 83. I think the Stag qualifies:D
IMG_3484.jpg
Will, hearty congratulations on your astounding stag 83; I've really enjoyed reading how much you're enjoying the knife! :D:thumbup:

...I'm excited to see what this looks like in a few months once the black starts fading to color...
That looks great, Evan; I look forward to seeing some future photos of the knife! :cool::cool:
(But I'm not great at knife recognition. What is that beauty you showed? An Ohta, maybe?? :confused:)

- GT

Posted in other threads.....belongs here.

Both 23's (from 2011 run).

GEC%2023%202-2_zpsvle0nibo.jpg

The new one (#7) is fairly even.
23%20TOP_zpszzqnmpsd.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Never get tired of seeing that! Great slabs!

I'm excited to see what this looks like in a few months once the black starts fading to color

Evan : I have had some success in speeding up the Stag patina by taking a cloth and rubbing the heck out of the Stag. That is some fantastic Stag , so be careful at first.

Harry

Found this one recently at Knivesshipfree. Best stag in anything I have and worth every penny I paid for it - thanks, Derrick!

54Shield-0410__98307.1420232767.730.500_zpsspna38vn.jpg

I know it's Sunday but I didn't have this picture until today. Peanut sized Ohta's.
P1000375%201.jpg

Gary
And your fine picture makes a great view for this Sunday Morning!!!

Vince
Just a wonderful knife and I like the lanyard on it as well!! The ones on your site are outstanding as well...wow!!

Gary Many of us wish it were Saturday everyday :D:D But everyday is good to see Stag, especially on a nice Ohta:thumbup:

Here's my GEC 85 EZ-Open in Stag. Sunday, someday...

IMG_1014.jpg

Gary Many of us wish it were Saturday everyday :D:D But everyday is good to see Stag, especially on a nice Ohta:thumbup:

Here's my GEC 85 EZ-Open in Stag. Sunday, someday...

Nice 85 Will! Now that I'm retired it pretty much is Saturday everyday! ;)

But, are those BR knives actually stag? I have a Northstar that looks similar and it's Antique Bonestag i.e. bone that's jigged to look like stag.

Back