Starting a new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone suggesting that a Religion forum is a bad idea:

How is it that you justify a Political Forum?

Not all of us who think the proposed forum is a bad idea think that the political forum is a good idea. Just sayin'...

Since you asked... I don't. ;)

Fair enough.

I think the reason why not much controversy is seen in the political forum is due to the fact that most people here share similar political beliefs. Or maybe that the magnitude of difference in political beliefs is much less than that of religion.

I could be wrong but a quick browsing of the political forum seems to tell me that most people agree with each other. The heated arguments are few and far between.

To everyone suggesting that a Religion forum is a bad idea:

How is it that you justify a Political Forum?

I already answered that.

How in heaven's name are we going to eradicate Christianity? By denying you a dedicated forum? If you get the forum, do we have to exclude non-Christians? We don't even shut down threads on Christianity, unless they pop up in the wrong place. We have been hosting them in the Political Arena. Allowing a thread in the Cantina was a disaster.

I don't need a Jewish forum here. The internet has plenty of Jewish discussion areas that I subscribe to. Food forums address an area people use knives around. The photography forum addresses a tool we use in all our knife forums. Politics at least discusses our rights, like the Knife Laws forum, and it allows us to quarantine discussions (like religion) that effectively encourage dissension among the membership.

I'm not sure why all of these people need go comment on my post in the tech support forum. Kinda strange.

Last edited:
Well a Christian forum would effectively be a "quarantine" for Christianity. That way Christian discussion would be confined to the forum instead of spilling over into many different forums as happens now. It makes no sense at all to be upset about a forum on a subject you don't like. In fact it just shows your disdain for that subject. I don't care if you you want to put an atheist forum right next to the christian forum. Just give us a little space to talk in peace, away from all you troublemakers. It would effectively quarantine us. Isn't that what you want?

I am not showing disdain for Christianity by objecting to a separate forum for it. I do object to being called a troublemaker and implicitly threatened with exclusion from that forum when I insist on correcting inaccurate information about my own religion.

I think this thread is proof enough of the volatility of the topic. Take it to the Political Arena as others have. This is a website for all its members, with very few forums off-limits to anyone. Denying First Amendment rights to non-Christians in the new forum would be a travesty.

Fair enough.

I think the reason why not much controversy is seen in the political forum is due to the fact that most people here share similar political beliefs. Or maybe that the magnitude of difference in political beliefs is much less than that of religion.

Oh, there's plenty of controversy in there... Like with debates on religion, all parties think that they are right, their opinions are generally polarized, nobody "wins", and most come away with bad feelings toward those who don't agree.

I feel dirty every time I enter the PA if even to read one thread, which is why I try very hard to avoid it, even if it means squashing my curiosity on a particular topic.

A buddy of mine went to bartending school years ago, and told me that when it came to discussing topics in a bar, it was highly recommended to avoid 2 specific areas of discussion for the sake of keeping the peace...

1.) Religion
2.) Politics

I think that this is a good rule of thumb anywhere in public when around a mixed crowd, especially on the 'Net. :)

Fair enough.

I could be wrong but a quick browsing of the political forum seems to tell me that most people agree with each other. The heated arguments are few and far between.

Allow me to respond to your query. I do not post in the PA, it has nothing to do with whether I agree or disagree with the views or beliefs there. I simply have no interest in the subject, that is not what I am here for. I am just not into something that will create disdain for people I don't know personally. I'd much rather stick with the knife discussions, and chat with the good people that are here. Believe it or not, there are a lot of good people on here.

The lack of controversy you speak of may be attributed to various things (not one of which is a proven fact), including but not limited to people that just do not want to spend their time arguing in circles, lack of interest, people might not want to get infractions, some people are actually here for the knives, some people are here to learn to make knives, some people keep their beliefs private and do not feel the need to impose them on others (liberal vs conservative) or alienate one another, and people just have learned to agree to disagree. Birds of a feather, flock together. Likeminded people seem to gather in groups, they support their ideas and beliefs. There really are not many people that hang out in a group that is constantly challenging their views, ideas, beliefs. What is the fun in always "being wrong"?

Last edited:
Denying First Amendment rights to non-Christians in the new forum would be a travesty.

It's like having a Bacon forum, and denying vegans the opportunity to speak. Wait, I actually like that idea.

Well a Christian forum would effectively be a "quarantine" for Christianity.

That way Christian discussion would be confined to the forum instead of spilling over into many different forums as happens now.

I seriously doubt that.

You've already shown you can't control yourself, let alone moderate others.

You started with posting that video in2 places at once, then the same question in two threads in WC and HI at the same time.
I can't imagine why you thought that was appropriate.

and

Your title "Christian/knifemaker" shows up in every post everywhere.
From what I see you are all about the evangelism.

Go join an existing forum for that, ot cough up the $ and start your own.

Last edited:
There is no good reason why we can't have a Christian forum here. There are plenty of other community forums.
Absolutely no reason. It's easy enough for people to a avoid it.

There is no good reason why we can't have a Christian forum here. There are plenty of other community forums.

You've been given many good reasons, I think you are trolling on a deeper level now. Yes, there are plenty of other community forums, none of them are about religion. Again, plenty of reasons, but it just seems like you have some sort of agenda. Like you are trying tofind a way to have someone appeal to your sense of logic and reason with a Christian based twist. If it was so easy to avoid it, we would not be posting here now would we? It would be polarizing, it would drive the friendships and overall community as a whole into the corners of the forum. We want to bring people together, not drive them apart. Capiche yet?

There are two-and-a-half pages' worth of reasons here. Apparently your zealotry makes you unable to read.

I'm not sure why all of these people need go comment on my post in the tech support forum. Kinda strange.

What? The Christianity forum is all yours and troublemakers aren't welcome?
What? Now the Tech Support forum is all yours and troublemakers aren't welcome here either?

Opinions, we're all entitled to express them.

Because if you didn't want to have an open discussion you should have sent an email or PM to (that Jewish guy) Spark who owns the site. That might have nipped the whole controversy in the bud.

Then I suppose you'd be claiming he was a bigot if he denied your request regardless of the rationale provided.

Close this post, it is useless. Whoever keeps crying about this, go start your own forum. I PAY FOR THIS FORUM, lots of us do... Our voice is a vote IMO and I VOTE HELL NO. Can we all get along? NO. Next we will have someone asking for a tea party forum.. GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE. lol

Because if you didn't want to have an open discussion you should have sent an email or PM to (that Jewish guy) Spark. That might have nipped the whole controversy in the bud.

Then I suppose you'd be claiming he was a bigot if he denied your request regardless of the rationale provided.

I didn't know spark was Jewish. I sent him an message but I didn't get an answer.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Bro no disrespect but this is a knife forum. Why not go join one of the hundred religious forums on the net? People are going to continue this attitude towards you. You might as well just give it a rest lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back