• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Sad to say, no knife yet. And now i`ve kinda lost all hope.
The last email i got from him, was on the 29th of November, in which he wrote that he`d get the tracking number to me, when he shipped.
I wrote him an email on the 11th of December, since i hadn`t heard from him since the 29th. No answer yet, and now i routinely send the email, to both his known email addys: a1961;localnet and chudzmail;gmail.
I`m just wondering how i would go about getting my money back, seeing as i don`t get an answer from Dale.
Maybe someone who knows Dale, could give me the same deal as knifetester gave bobert?
If only i was that lucky. :p
All i can say, is that i`m bloody tired :yawn: of waiting for him to be the "good guy" :mad: that alot of people say he is.

I was hoping that Dale was going to get his act together. Things aren't looking too good though. It's a real shame.

Well, say a prayer for Dale. I'm not a religious loony but find that is a more healthy and rewrding response than getting all boiled up about the situation.

check into mail fraud, if you mailed him the money and no knife..... its a felony and no joke

I sent the money through paypal, so i`m not sure if mail fraud is applicable.

Dale told me he sent you a picture of the shipping label and the knife just before it was sent out. He said he shipped it via global express so that it could be tracked. Can you please confirm?

knifetester: I`ve not received any email from Dale, since the 29th of November.

No, as i said. I`ve not received any communication at all from Dale since the 29th of November, where he says that he`ll get the tracking number to me, when he ships. So no. No picture, no nothing. I find it kinda weird too, since i`ve emailed Dale twice after that date, and haven`t received a reply at all.
So i`m glad to see that he`s still alive atleast.

aarya:
That is too bad. You must feel very frustrated.

Notice to all members
Please do not email me any longer with your complaints about Dale. There is nothing I can do to help you. I tried to pass things along to Dale, but no longer can communicate with him on a regular basis.

As well, I have neither the time nor the inclination to become embroiled in this mess any longer. I did my best to try and smooth things out, obviously it did not work. There is nothing more I care to do, and feel any additional efforts on my part would be fruitless.

I do wish Dale the best of luck and will pray for him and his family. I am sure Dale is thankful for all that have expressed concern.

If you wish to attempt to contact Dale, try his phone or email as listed here and his website.

I still consider Dale a personal friend. What I have seen here saddens me to no end.

knifetester: I appreciate your efforts endlessly, and i really do hope Dale manages to pull through what appears to be a rough patch in his life. And i seriously hope he doesn`t in the end, become a Allan Blade or other suchlike who never seems to be able to do good by people.
I also understand that it would be really tiring on your personal life, if you were to become a mediator between people who have outstanding business with Dale, and Dale himself. And i don`t wish that situation on anyone. So i appreciate your quick resolve in ending your role to that effect. You`re not a bad guy, as far as your actions in this thread goes. Thumbs up to you!

As far as my situation with Dale, i really wish that he manages to deliver all the knives to the people he`s received money from, including me. And that he perhaps, at a time when he`s 'a jour' on his orderstatus, takes some time out, to go over his way to do business, and makes sure that these things doesn`t happen again. I`m in no way attacking Dale, just making a suggestion, from a customer to a businessman.

I`m not a christian person, and don`t pray as such, but i do hold Dale in my thoughts, and hope that he can work through this rough patch in his life.

aarya: Your post reflects well on you as a person. The good in me sees the good in you. . .namaste.

I wish you the best in getting your knife, and I am sorry there was nothing more I could do.

If your Nessmuk knife does not arrive (again) in the next few weeks, shoot me an email and you can have one of my Nessmuk knives as a gift. I know it is not what you ordered (stag handle not full tang or wooden handle) but it is still a nice performing knife. If you are really opposed to stag handles, I have other knives I can send your way, but they are not Nessmuk knives.

knifetester: I wouldn`t feel well taking one of your knives, but thanks for the gesture.

Anyways. Anyone received any email from Dale after the 29th of November?

I hope Dale gets his knife business together because I have handled a LOT of Nessmuks and as far as I am concerned his are really superior users.

Speaking of Allan Blade I saw of BB or BCUK that somebody received a knife from him so possibly he's getting back on track?

Merry Christmas Dale!
Maybe you can use the coal Santa brought you to make some of the knives you owe!

bobert: That made me laugh. Wouldn`t be a bad idea though.

No knife, picture, email or anything on this side yet.
Gonna take it easy until 07, and then i`m gonna go 007 on this matter.
Think i`ll check with paypal, to see if there is any way to get my money back.
All i wish, is that he`d atleast answer the emails i keep sending him. But i guess it`s too much hard work, typing in: "Hi Jo, sorry for being an asshole, here is the picture of your knife, finished, and the shipping label with the trackingnumber clearly visible."
I guess that just is too much hard work for a blacksmith....

I still find this a very sad situation. Dale keeps saying he sent knives and provided tracking information when it is pretty obvious that he has done no such thing.

I just read through paypal's complaint area, and it states that you have to file a complaint within 45 days of payment, if they are to do anything. So i just sent a paypal invoice to Dale, asking for a 180$ refund.
So we`ll see, if he checks his email.

And, for the record, so that noone thinks i was angry at Dale, this is the message i wrote to Dale, with the invoice:
---------------------------------------
Amount: $180.00 USD
Subject: Nessmuk

Note: Hi Dale, i`m sorry to do this, but since i`ve yet to receive anything from you, be it knife, pictures, emails, shipping numbers or anything, i just have to do this.
I really do hope that you don`t hold it against me, and i really do believe you make really good knives.

Take care,
Jo Henning
---------------------------------------

Back