• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

And, finally it is.
I waited to post here, until i was sure that the tracking number i got from Dale was legit.
And so far, it seems to be.
If anyone is curious as to the progress, i`ll post any updates here:
--
Enroute, January 24, 2007, 2:05 am, BINGHAMTON, NY 13904
Enroute, January 23, 2007, 10:27 pm, SYRACUSE, NY 13225
--
(I could post the tracking number here, but i`m not sure if anyone could intercept my package then. Paranoia? Mmmm.. Slightly.) :D

Well, things look good for aarya. Hopefully the same will soon be able to be said for the others that are owed knives from Dale.

privateisland: If you`ve got a knife on order from Dale, i suggest you email him. And if one email doesn`t get an answer, send ten!
It seems Dale is preoccupied with something, as he apparently is "out" until rather late in the night, so he might not check his email too often.
I`m not defending Dale in any way, as that`s not my job. But through this whole... "Ordeal".. I`ve learnt many things, which i hope can be of use to the rest of you who have outstanding business with Dale.

New update on my knife's progress:
--
Enroute, January 24, 2007, 6:37 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11499
Acceptance, January 23, 2007, 12:15 pm, MADRID, NY 13660
--

According to the Norwegian Postal-system's search-features, my package has left the continental US today.

Edit:
New info from USPS.com that says the same as the Norwegian postal-system's search.
--
International Dispatch, January 24, 2007, 6:37 pm, KENNEDY AMC
Enroute, January 24, 2007, 6:37 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11499
Acceptance, January 23, 2007, 12:15 pm, MADRID, NY 13660
--
Edit end.

This is the exact reason why i didn`t really understand that Dale sent me a knife before, as if he had labeled it correctly, it should`ve been in my hands within a week. 14 days at most. Usually, when i order things from the US, i have them in hand within 7 days from it being shipped.
Heck, i ordered a fly-wheel press from India in June -06, and i received that just two months afterwards. And the factory had to cast the damned press aswell as it being shipped by sea.
Sorry, i went slightly off topic there. Anyways, it`s good to see that Dale is possibly/finally, on the way to redeeming himself.

Actually it is not slander if it is written, the cause of action then becomes libel. Both are forms of defamation. But that is besides the point, Dale is obviously a layman...

Even a layman should know that truth is a defense to charges of libel, slander or defamation. Excessive publication of the truth may be actionable, but that generally requires advertisements in mass-media, such as newspapers. Trust me - I know of what I speak.

The package has arrived in Norway. Currently in Norwegian customs, should be released from there on Monday, or Tuesday the latest. Then another day or two, to get to me. I`ll post here again then, with pics of the knife.

Also, just for keeping this thread on topic. Who has ordered and paid for a knife from Dale, and not received anything?
Knifetester, have you received the knives that bobert "sold" to you?
Anyone else?

Hehe.. Yeah, it`s not too terrible. ^_^
Just gotta wait and see now, if the knife is in the package or not. Not that i doubt that Dale put it in there, but i`ve read a few threads about missing knives. You could say i`m worried until i have it in my hand.

I'm always nervous until the knife gets to me.

It's really good to see that aarya's part in this event is coming to an end. I wonder if he had not been so vocal in requesting that he get his knife, if he would have gotten it when he did?

Keith: I don`t really know. Part of me doubt if i would`ve gotten the knife if i hadn`t sent Dale as many emails as i have.
Heck, i`ve sent him two paypal invoices aswell. (I`ve cancelled them both, of my own choice, but still.)
I`ve sent Dale around 30-35 emails in total. So i`m not an easy customer as such. I like to have control, and i even warned Dale about that, in the third email i sent him.
What can i say? I`m OCD, and in one or two days, i`ve got a knife. (Hopefully.)

Kieth, I have sent the occasional email. But, I don't feel I should have too. As they say... "The customer is always right". I've paid for the knife and have done my part. I'm just waiting for his end now. I also don't want to get frustrated over something like this.

There's no way I would pay in full, up front, and wait for over a year for a knife. Even Randalls, with the years of waiting, only require a deposit.

I just inquired after two customs. For one, the maker requires full payment up front. For the other, the maker actually warned me against dealing with folks who require full payment up front. He requires a 25% deposit.

Guess which one I went with?

Guyon: Yeah, let`s just say that i`ve learnt not to pay upfront. Even though i like better to deal like that.
But then, when i first asked Dale to make me a nessmuk-knife, he said that he`d have it done in 3-4 weeks.
I guess there must be some kind of time-warp in his house then, since it`s only been 3-4 weeks in there, but almost a year out here. :cool:

I would still suggest privateisland and those others who have a knife on order with Dale, to just accept that it`s not going to be easy, and send him an email a week or something. As i`ve done in periods.

Back