• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

STOLEN KNIVES ALERT: Ken Onion

this is horrible to hear. those really are beautiful knives. i will try to help spread the word on some other forums.

Its a sad day those are some AMAZING pieces, at least they are VERY Destinctive peices and obviously Ken's work! I will keep an eye peeled

There is an extra station setup at the airport for guys to peel open your luggage and help themselves. Forget airline security, the security of your luggage is what is such a joke. The transient nature of the whole experience makes just not following up easy to do for most folks, so they accept a pittance from the airline and move on. I'll bet they got $100 cash for the lot from one of their druggy friends.

I sincerely hope the collection is recovered intact, and I'll keep my eyes open.

Norm

From what I know either the collection will be recovered quickly and mostly intact or not at all. I would guess that the people(I use the term loosley)
who stole the knives are part of a ring of baggage handlers who do this on a regular basis and have a profesional fence to dispose of stuff like this.
I would bet that if they don't show up at a local pawn shop they have gone overseas. This is exactly the type of stuf a drug dealer wanting to launder cash would want anyway. After 50 years in a safe they are better than cash because they did not go down in value with inflation and have no serial numbers like stocks. They are also small enough and store well. I know for a fact some people collect ninhonto for this reason.

Interesting how Vlad keeps showing up making comments that make it seem like he is trying to stick something in our face. We're not the ones who've been 'owned' (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444632) Someone sniffed you out and exposed you as a liar and a thief, and you got kicked off the board, and somehow you think we've been owned? Maybe you have a different definition of that word. You may have 'owned' the dealers that you ripped off and you will get your reward, but I think it's you that got owned on this board. By the way, I HIGHLY doubt you have Onion's knives.

Interesting how Vlad keeps showing up making comments that make it seem like he is trying to stick something in our face. We're not the ones who've been 'owned' (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444632) Someone sniffed you out and exposed you as a liar and a thief, and you got kicked off the board, and somehow you think we've been owned? Maybe you have a different definition of that word. You may have 'owned' the dealers that you ripped off and you will get your reward, but I think it's you that got owned on this board. By the way, I HIGHLY doubt you have Onion's knives.

jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit::jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit::jerkit: :jerkit:

those are beautiful knives and worth a small fortune. I doubt the thief knows what he has. They might try to pawn them in a city near the airport where the theft went down. . . does anyone know what airport(s) the knives might have been stolen from?

My thoughts exactly. Some bastard probably thought they must be worth something because of the way they were packed.:mad:
People like that are trash:thumbdn:

That was Mr. Onion's hard work!!! Those bastids!

He, of all people, does not deserve this, I hope his works of art are recovered but above all else I hope they are caught and punished.

Will keep my eyes open. This is the first I read of this.

Thanks for the heads up.

This should be posted on other forums, as forums have a wide range of viewers across the country and the kind of people who would pay attention to something like this. I will post it on a couple maybe it will help.
I know this thread has been up for a while but it might be the thief sat on them for a while.

I'll watch the St.louis/illinois Gun and custom Knife shows as well as ebay. Sorry to hear about that.

haven't seen them on ebay yet.

I would probably have to stab myself in the hand to keep from bidding on them, though, They are BEAUTIFUL!!

Back