STRIDER BT Destruction Test Video completed.

Interesting but...

Why no prying/flex testing like you did on the Cold Steel? I'm severely disappointed.

Just never got around to the vice test. I was having fun testing the knife in other ways. If the test didn't end I would have got around to it I'm sure.

However there was prying after driving the blade through 2x4 and putting all my weight on it in every direction trying to break the blade free . the Strider BT has a very rigid blade. It took all my power.
watch again you will see.

Reading and comprehension is not something you excel at. I have read your posts, which is how I come to my scathingly accurate observations.

The funny part is, you probably don't see the irony in saying you will "pass silently" through something.

Again folks insults creating fake quotes I never posted. and wanting to start a flame war.

I had to respond to this one because of the fake quote.

This points out rats true intension's

You are the MAN, Please test one of those Chris Reeve single Piece, no need to test another "S-T-R-I-D-E-R strider if you didn't know" :D heheh nice i really enjoyed the video.

noss4 would like you to think that his detractor's are objecting to the breaking of knives, and it seems a great number of his "supporters" think the same. Maybe there are a select few people who object to breaking knives.

I could care less about what he breaks. I don't like his asshat behavior and semi-illiterate grandstanding posts. I am not in the minority in this opinion.
He comes across as a dumbass, and with every successive post reinforces that impression.

+ 1 on that! :thumbup:

Noss4's original post:

Originally Posted by noss4
Rat you never had anything of any value to add in any of your posts I've seen just insults. . I will just ignore you from now on. Life is to short to wast time with you. I will pass silently through all your hot wind.

His later post:

Again folks insults creating fake quotes I never posted. and wanting to start a flame war.

I had to respond to this one because of the fake quote.

This points out rats true intension's

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!!! :D :D :D

lol whats all the fuzz about, the strider proved its tough didnt it? as i said earlier test one of darkops knives (but not a folder please), however i have a feeling they wont last nearly as long tho, but it would be fun to watch for sure. on the other hand what was really disappointing was the performance of the kabar usmc, it bent while you were batoning it, which i classify as "normal camp/survival use", maybe kabar has a thing or 2 to learn from strider what do i know..

Noss4,
Dude, We All Know Striders Are The Toughest Blades On Earth, So Its Not A Suprise. Take Off Your Costume Bro. Look..you Bought A Strider, You Can Do What Ever The Hell You Want With It. If we both have a strider and mine goes in a safe & yours to the chopping block..its up to you! Your Telling Me Your Life Was Threatend Cause You Abused Your Knife?? BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU DO! ITS DUMB, BUT IT IS ENTERTAINING!!

Scotty1984

Please gentlemen,this is civilized forum I think.If you don't like Noss ignore him.Childiss behaviour and calling names is good for 6 years old.I enjoy a good discussion but printing LIAR in fat letters, how old are you?

Noss4,
Dude, We All Know Striders Are The Toughest Blades On Earth, So Its Not A Suprise. Take Off Your Costume Bro. Look..you Bought A Strider, You Can Do What Ever The Hell You Want With It. If we both have a strider and mine goes in a safe & yours to the chopping block..its up to you! Your Telling Me Your Life Was Threatend Cause You Abused Your Knife?? BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU DO! ITS DUMB, BUT IT IS ENTERTAINING!!

Scotty1984

No the threat was before I did this knife. it in my original post last page see for yourself.

If you don't like the way I test my knives and wear a mask. Fine thats up to you.

Do your own test your way.

If you don't like it don't watch it no one is forcing you to watch.

This is a forum and I know by now I will run in to all types. No problem.

Well said deovolens.

There are a few that are really upset with noss, it seems.
Live and let live?

Punisher, you don't like what he does or how he does it? Then why not say nothing at all?

The rest of us can look past noss's "original" personality and enjoy the videos, but for some reason a few people have to elbow in with their rude comments and ruin the fun for all of us.

This is a knife forum, not a psychology forum, stick to the topic and please try to keep your negative feelings about noss to yourself, or start a thread about him in whine and cheese for you and your 4 or 5 friends, because you are an obvious minority and your negative attitude is not welcome here.

Well--I certainly now know that if I get attacked by a Folding Chair--I better have a stronger knife than a Strider.

I think that is what will be remembered by the novice viewer or the gullible viewer that thinks there is any validity to any of this stuff.

Great Work.

Jim.

Well--I certainly now know that if I get attacked by a Folding Chair--I better have a stronger knife than a Strider.

I think that is what will be remembered by the novice viewer or the gullible viewer that thinks there is any validity to any of this stuff.

Great Work.

Jim.

but if you get attacked by concrete tiles you're OK with the strider...:D :thumbup:

Well said deovolens.

There are a few that are really upset with noss, it seems.
Live and let live?

Punisher, you don't like what he does or how he does it? Then why not say nothing at all?

The rest of us can look past noss's "original" personality and enjoy the videos, but for some reason a few people have to elbow in with their rude comments and ruin the fun for all of us.

This is a knife forum, not a psychology forum, stick to the topic and please try to keep your negative feelings about noss to yourself, or start a thread about him in whine and cheese for you and your 4 or 5 friends, because you are an obvious minority and your negative attitude is not welcome here.

Liam,

I don't really know how I should take your post, but just to set the record straight:

1) I really don't care, one way or the other, whatever noss4 does with regards to his testing, including the way he does it. Yeah, it's a free country, and people have a right to do what they think is right for them, so let me make this clear - I have nothing with against what noss does insofar as it is perfectly within his rights to buy/test/destroy knives that he buys;

2) As far as rude comments go, how come many people here don't mind if noss4 unfairly "accuses" other people, including me, of being rude? Heck, he even said that he was "threatened", although I can't seem to see how he was threatened. Yes, I have been rude and crass, but I have never been said anything accusatory against anybody, and I only started to be rude/crass when other people, particularly noss4, started being so;

3) As for being negative, I still can't see what is so "negative" about pointing out the disparaging comments that have been made here and on other threads about people and for some to think that it is okay to defend one member and criticize others. But if that is "negative" to you, sir, then I guess that is your opinion and I will not comment on that anymore. Until the moderators deem to ban me because of my negative attitude, I have as much right to voice out my opinions as anybody else has. And if you believe that I'm just in the minority, well, again, that is your opinion. A lot of people here, including myself, don't work for Strider and, despite the negative and insidious accusations that have been thrown against me and a lot of other good people, we have tried to remain "civil" about the whole thing and will continue to remain "civil" about it. But "civil" does not necessarily include having your views, opinions, and words trampled on by the "majority" just because you have an opinion contrary to the popular view. That's why it's called a democracy.

Have a good day, gentlemen! :D

lapolicegear.com The strider is the toughest so far. Not the best chopper on wood and splitting 4x4s because of blade length. The k-bar bowie and Becker BK9 performed better for me at this. the bushman is also a great splitter with
it's strong narrow blade. also I had a little trouble cutting long sheets of card board with the strider. It tends to wedge it self in creating resistance. I have the same problem with other knives of this thickness and grind.

hmmmm.....might that mean that it doesn't CUT very well? :D Isn't it supposed to be a knife? Knives are supposed to cut, especially $350 facotry knives.

It's possible to learn from all observation. It might be hard to generalize about a knife's performance from many of Noss's antics but not all. I found the hammering of the knife into the 2 / 4 instructive. One could see the strength of the knife as he worked it out of the wood. Slicing the cardboard illustrated that Striders are not the most aggressive slicers due to the obtuse edge profile. This is a tradeoff for strength and Strider's own choice. The edge is 45 degrees inclusive and could certainly be sharpened at a more acute angle. As for the rest I found it fun to watch. I can see why so many people are annoyed by Noss but getting angry and insulting people is just a colossal waste of time.
Sit back and enjoy. He spends his money and takes his own risks. I think he should wear more than a hockey mask and jumpsuit if he does not want to be cut or blinded.

I would surely like to know how he's gonna do that. Noss doesn't sell any products on there nor is he charging anything for downloading the videos, they're free for anyone that wants to see them. Maybe you're going to tell me Cliff Stamp makes money too because he has a few pages worth of knife testing. Give me a break! The guy spends his own money, time and effort yet gets insulted left and right. If that continues to be the case here on BF, we will only see less and less reviews, destructive or not. Then you will have to take out your own $350 knife (which I doubt you have) and test it yourself.

as was said before, like the others i dont care what he does with his own money or time.............

but you can make money on the internet with just advertisement and per click pay, depending how many people visit your url and how many advertisments you have on it, thats one way..............

and no he doesnt have anything on it yet, in fact its quite crude for a website, but its comming bet on that,

how much do you think his web url cost?..... www.knifetest.com that would be a good url to have regestred to you........if he didnt have it already.

did you know that some have made millions just by having regestered urls that other people could want and then by selling the url to them?.........another name for this is domain selling ...........look it up.

now some of his test are very informative and useful.

some is useless silly bullshit.

as was said before, like the others i dont care what he does with his own money or time.............

but you can make money on the internet with just advertisement and per click pay, depending how many people visit your url and how many advertisments you have on it, thats one way..............

and no he doesnt have anything on it yet, in fact its quite crude for a website, but its comming bet on that,

how much do you think his web url cost?..... www.knifetest.com that would be a good url to have regestred to you........if he didnt have it already.

did you know that some have made millions just by having regestered urls that other people could want and then by selling the url to them?.........another name for this is domain selling ...........look it up.

now some of his test are very informative and useful.

some is useless silly bullshit.

And who cares if he does make a few bucks off the website? Just more loot to buy knives to test.:thumbup:

Good test, and enjoyable videos ...all of them...by the way:thumbup:

However, I will restate what others have said. When you have a very deep sabre grind with 1/4 nch stock it may not be tougher, it's just so much more metal that it will appear tougher.

I think if you want to see performance in steel you might check out a BK7 in regular carbon steel versus a BK7 in S30V and compare those two. Or maybe Sabre grinds of similar thicknesses with different steels. If you can find a Buck Intrepid of 420HC, that would be a good comparison for the Strider as it is a 1/4 inch sabre grind.

good stuff though.:D

And who cares if he does make a few bucks off the website? Just more loot to buy knives to test.:thumbup:

i dont care.............................................................

just dont pass it off as something else.

:jerkit:

at least be honest about it.

i would love to see an extrema ratio go up against that, mabye something like a golum 2

Back