Strongest folder and most heavy duty fixed blade?

just out of curiosity, why’d you get rid of them? Might be relevant for the OP.

I moved them on to free up funds for custom knives, and for knife making equipment. Knife grinder, drill press, forge, etc, etc.

Busse, Swamprat and Scrap Yard knives are amazing! I'm still constantly looking at their nee offerings, or older offerings for sale on the exchange. Their steels INFI, SR101 (their version of 52100 with proprietary heat treat protocall) etc have always impressed me. Every steel they use, they are getting great performance our of. (They have used D2, SR77 (what they call S7 shock steel). They jave also released limited models in Elmax and a few others.

I've used INGI hard. I've also seen it survive absolutely idiotic use (cutting cars in half being one, bike frames, iron pipe, logging chains, concrete, etc, etc... the old Noss desrltructuon tests showed how silly tough INFI was).

Usually it is a question of what other equipment or supplies I could get for the money. I had a good bit of "toy" money tied up in Busse. If I had lots of extra disposable toy money, I'd still have all of the Busse, plus more custom knives.

I am making that same evaluation constantly with custom knives as well. When I need new equipment, I constantly side eye my custom knives....

All the talk about thick blades made me remember that I do have a knife that's tougher than my Battle Mistress: an Anniversary Steel Heart 1 (ASH1). I believe it is the single most indestructible thing I own (because I don't own an anvil...). The 6.5" blade is right around a third of an inch thick; .320"
....an ASH you say.... :D

Lucille approves.
...... indeed she does, I suspect the reference may be lost on some however.

I have said it before and i will say it again, Fallkniven A1x is about as tough as it gets.

I dont know what i would take to break my Bravo 1.5 in 3v either..
But then again, everthing is breakable.

I have said it before and i will say it again, Fallkniven A1x is about as tough as it gets.

I dont know what i would take to break my Bravo 1.5 in 3v either..
But then again, everthing is breakable.

I have a couple of Fallknivens and there is no doubt they are tough but they are not in the same league as many (most?) of the Busse knives; especially the thicker models and the "Fat" versions of some models.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a human to break a Busse ASH1, FatASH or War Train in the woods, or even in an urban environment. I would probably take a bet that I could go out in the woods and break my Fallknivens. It wouldn't be easy, but I think I could do it. I would NOT bet that I could somehow break my Anniversary Steel Heart 1.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it is probably the single most indestructible thing I own. If you've handled one, you'd know what I mean. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine.

I have a couple of Fallknivens and there is no doubt they are tough but they are not in the same league as many (most?) of the Busse knives; especially the thicker models and the "Fat" versions of some models.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a human to break a Busse ASH1, FatASH or War Train in the woods, or even in an urban environment. I would probably take a bet that I could go out in the woods and break my Fallknivens. It wouldn't be easy, but I think I could do it. I would NOT bet that I could somehow break my Anniversary Steel Heart 1.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it is probably the single most indestructible thing I own. If you've handled one, you'd know what I mean. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine.

That may very well be, never said anything else. But, have you seen a A1x? The spine is 7 mm thick.

Dont think its breakable in the woods for a human either.

The above is what I was responding to.

That may very well be, never said anything else. But, have you seen a A1x? The spine is 7 mm thick.

Dont think its breakable in the woods for a human either.

The Anniversary Steel Heart 1 is .320" which is 8.128mm. Unless a blade of those thicknesses was grossly over-hardened, you ain't gonna break one without mechanical help! :)

PS: My 9.3x62 is a CZ-550 American. What's yours?

Man, I dare say that you are correct. Busse undoubtedly are almost indestructible hunks of very cool steel. But the idea that any competent person would break a Fällkniven A1 in the woods is risible. How on earth could that happen? It is a crazy thought. I’ve used one for quite some years and they are somewhat robust. Could you bust the tip? Yep. Cry me a river. I’d sharpen a new one.

Man, I dare say that you are correct. Busse undoubtedly are almost indestructible hunks of very cool steel. But the idea that any competent person would break a Fällkniven A1 in the woods is risible. How on earth could that happen? It is a crazy thought. I’ve used one for quite some years and they are somewhat robust. Could you bust the tip? Yep. Cry me a river. I’d sharpen a new one.

I think you'd have to try, and try very, very hard, to break a Fallkniven A1 in the woods. But the OP was looking for not just "strong," but "the strongest." The A1 is more than strong enough for me, no doubt, but not "the strongest."

It just starts to get plain ridiculous when you're carrying a knife that's a third of an inch thick for strength. My Anniversary Steel Heart went out in the woods ONE TIME with me. It's way more of a conversation piece than a tool in my book. I consider the A1 (or S1 or F1) to be an excellent tool.

I think you'd have to try, and try very, very hard, to break a Fallkniven A1 in the woods. But the OP was looking for not just "strong," but "the strongest." The A1 is more than strong enough for me, no doubt, but not "the strongest."

It just starts to get plain ridiculous when you're carrying a knife that's a third of an inch thick for strength. My Anniversary Steel Heart went out in the woods ONE TIME with me. It's way more of a conversation piece than a tool in my book. I consider the A1 (or S1 or F1) to be an excellent tool.
Ten four!

Who makes the strongest folder and fixed camping survival knife? I'm looking into ESEE.

Jay,
We have had some fun on this thread. But, if you are looking for something practical I would suggest Bill Siegle. He almost exclusively works with 1/4” 5160, and his knives come with very strong kydex sheaths. If you are looking for a though knife that you plan to use in the field, it’s what I have gone with. His stuff is custom made, so just go with one that you fancy, or reach out to him to see if he can make something for you.

n2s

I My Anniversary Steel Heart went out in the woods ONE TIME with me. It's way more of a conversation piece than a tool in my book.
....heretic !!!!! :D I just put ONE of my .32s in my gear for a trip to the bush next week ;)

Last edited:
image.jpg
[/QUOTE]

She’s real, and she’s spectacular. :D
Lol...Nice!
Zombie killer...

....heretic !!!!! :D I just put ONE of my .32s in my gear for a trip to the bush next week ;)

LOL! Well, Andy, I'm getting old enough that I can probably get away with wearing a belt AND suspenders, which I'd need to keep my pants up with the ASH1 on my belt. ;)

After carrying the ASH1 for a woods outing right after I got it, I realized it wasn't quite as handy as I hoped. But the Skinny ASH I purchased next was much handier!

Have fun next week and be careful!

LOL! Well, Andy, I'm getting old enough that I can probably get away with wearing a belt AND suspenders, which I'd need to keep my pants up with the ASH1 on my belt. ;)

After carrying the ASH1 for a woods outing right after I got it, I realized it wasn't quite as handy as I hoped. But the Skinny ASH I purchased next was much handier!

Have fun next week and be careful!
..... you could always re-home that poor unloved .32...... I hear there is a place they ALL end up anyway ....;) ;) :D

Hopfully, warmer time of year than i normally like to be out and about but I will take what I can get at the moment...!!!

..... you could always re-home that poor unloved .32......

Hey! Don't go jumping to conclusions! Unused doesn't mean unloved! I take it out and fondle it regularly to be sure it's ready for duty. It's my day-after-the-end-of-the-world knife. Well, either that one or the Battle Mistress... post-apocalyptic perfection! :cool:

The above is what I was responding to.

The Anniversary Steel Heart 1 is .320" which is 8.128mm. Unless a blade of those thicknesses was grossly over-hardened, you ain't gonna break one without mechanical help! :)

PS: My 9.3x62 is a CZ-550 American. What's yours?
Ah, yes they are nice. Right now, i only got one, Sako 85.

But i do think that it is the caliber i have owned the most rifles chamberd in. My all time favorite caliber, no doubt.

Ok. Unlimited budget.

Still no where near “unlimited” but, out of stuff I have, my choice would be a full size Sebenza and a Randall Model 14.

At least he very least, I’d look good carrying them and, they are assuredly good knives.

I inherited a set of unused Ginsu knives. For what they are (very sharp, serrated, cheap kitchen knives) they work great. I don't need expensive knives to cut a sandwich in half or dice up a chicken breast, etc.

I once used one to cut the memory foam futon mattress from a sofa bed into three sections so I could throw them away in my weekly trash and save the cost of a trip to the dump. The knife worked great. It sliced and ripped right through the fibrous material.

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean worthless junk :).
I have used Ginsu knives. They are very sharp. Once my mattress got damaged because of this knife.

Back