Strongest folder and most heavy duty fixed blade?

I enjoy threads like this. Immediately, I research and learn whether something is better than what I already own.

New is posting, long in collecting. So, I have original Ek, Al Mar, Gerber Mark1 and Mark 2. A couple of days ago, I compared a Fallkniven A1 against a Cold Steel SRK. Fallkniven used to supply Cold Steel with the SRK and then went beyond. As Mr. Mary indicated, because you have an unlimited budget, you afford one of his fine knives as a custom unit. There are a number of fine current production knives as well.

With the budget question out of the way, go to Mr. Mary. I have had knives for made for me. One of the prizes is a two handed tanto bladed knife that I had Barry Dawson make for me about 30 years ago. I was raising a wee one by myself and did not want any guns around. However, I had had extensive knife fighting training and wanted a knife of my design to hang on the back of the bedroom door. Never was stolen or played with by any youthful visitors.

Who makes the strongest folder and fixed camping survival knife? I'm looking into ESEE.

The strongest folding knife I have ever owned is the Cold Steel 4 Max scout, it's probably the strongest folding knife in the world. Fixed blades? I have handled lots of tough ones, there's probably many different makers custom and production. ESEE, KA-BAR, BUSSE, 5160 and M4 competition choppers come to mind. I managed to make a knife that is tougher than anything i've ever handled before, it's not for sale though because I'm keeping it for myself, because it's awesome. 8MM thick, differential hardened 1095, can chop through steel nails with no edge deformation.
Check this pry bar chopper out.

Back