Suggestion box!

HTM balisongs, flipper oriented designs in particular. As it seems the market is sharply divided between relatively budget flippers and expensive customs, whereas high end production pieces are mostly discontinued and in the hands of the secondary market now (MT Tachyons, CS Arc Angels, BM42's).

Apec,
We have so much on the plate right now. I feel in the future it will happen.
There is a knife out from us called the AMERICAN PATRIOT.
It is from my personal mid tech line DRT.
They are selling them at Knifebuy.com.
This might hold you over for a while?
They come with washers , but can be converted to bearing if you want.
NICE KNIFE.

I like my knives to be stupid big. Thick as heck blades that are around 4" long or bigger. Drop point, and able to be used for batoning wood. Doesn't mean it should be used for such, just that it be able to. I say this because I EDC a Pohl Force Alpha Two and have used it several times to *gently* baton smaller pieces of wood. (Imagine more gentle tapping through wood rather than wailing on it like I would my BK2.)

Aside from that, my next fave folder is a Kershaw Blur. Not saying do something like that, but the size, weight, ergonomics, everything is just done right on that knife, and while it isn't the heftiest knife in the world, it certainly isn't the smallest. I think a good all purpose knife that is plenty tough and has little in the way of frills and extras is a good idea.

How those suggestions stack up to what you were wanting I don't know. Not even sure if I am making that much sense. But if HTM was to make some knives that could fulfill both those roles, I would be hard pressed to not purchase them.

THe 7 inch GIBBS MAXX is being made right now!
That is 15 inchs of bad ass knife open.
Ti frame lock, carbon fiber overlay s30v blade.

I would love to see a smaller GunHammer around 3". That would be the perfect edc.

You guys are so in tune with us.
We are working on a Small thin folder that is strong and reliable, bearings......

Keep um coming!

I think a Persian will appeal a lot to the "real" tactical people, someone like Edwood7. The guys that have actually used an edged tool during close quarters battle. I think I'm gonna keep a tally of what people suggest that I think is right up DDR/HTM's ally in terms of knife design. I'll pass these along to Darrel and Dirk.

Dirk has many persian blades in his stable. Take a look.

I am curious if anyone knows anything about the htm delays. I ordered a gunhammer in the middle of november, and haven't seen it yet. I have emailed Lisa a couple of times, and she has been great, but as of yet I don't have anymore info than when I started. Is there usually a long delay in shipment of these knives? I thought I was ordering something that was "off the shelf," I guess anything that is worth having, is worth waiting for. The wait is just about killing me though. I had to buy a spyderco manix2 last weekend at a gun show just to stave off the waiting pains...lol. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

We applogize for the delays. We are just starting the deliveried of the Gun Hammer Assisted knives.
Please be patient.
We think you will be very happy for the wait.

There is a hole in my heart where a flipper, AO-opening framelocked ETAC Persian should be. I'll never give up the search!

Can't wait to see what Dirk is cooking up. But I wanna see what Darrel's interpretation would look like too. :eek: :D

There is a hole in my heart where a flipper, AO-opening framelocked ETAC Persian should be. I'll never give up the search!

Can't wait to see what Dirk is cooking up. But I wanna see what Darrel's interpretation would look like too. :eek: :D
I know what my interpretation would look like. I'm gonna see if I can get creative with some design programs at some point and see how well it translates. That's just my fancy way of saying I'm gonna try to photochop a Persian out of a Gunhammer.

Apec,
We have so much on the plate right now. I feel in the future it will happen.
There is a knife out from us called the AMERICAN PATRIOT.
It is from my personal mid tech line DRT.
They are selling them at Knifebuy.com.
This might hold you over for a while?
They come with washers , but can be converted to bearing if you want.
NICE KNIFE.

Thanks. That sounds awesome.

I know what my interpretation would look like. I'm gonna see if I can get creative with some design programs at some point and see how well it translates. That's just my fancy way of saying I'm gonna try to photochop a Persian out of a Gunhammer.

That sounds like a fun idea.

I think I'll draw up my own Darrel Ralph style interpretation of a Persian blade and post it here. I've got Photoshop and some extra time in the evenings after my martial arts class. I really like the khukri design that showed up here awhile back.

I'll report back soon with the design!

I would like to see more manuals, I love Darrels designs but almost every time I see one its assisted and Im not a fan of assisted knives

just send them back in after purchase from dealer or remove it myself? will it void any warranty?
Not exactly. What Hark was alluding to is that HTM makes all of its assisted models in manual versions as well (as in, they come that way from the dealer/HTM -- no need for spring removal or other DIY mods). :)

Yea, send it in and Darrel will remove the assist mechanism and send it back to you along with the knife. Alternatively, as neuron mentioned, you could wait and find a dealer that has a manual version for sale. It probably would not void warranty to remove the mechanism yourself, but removing the pivot is somewhat difficult without the proper pivot tool.

After looking at those Madd Maxx pictures, I had a thought--DDR folding gladius. Get a leaf blade or wasp-waisted blade, mebbe 6-8" long, and perhaps slightly more curvy flippers to give the look of a gladius...

Back