• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Without a concise delivery schedule for the pre=paid orders this is a giant FU to their paid in full customers.

From post #42 in the F1 thread with Millets response:
"For months Guy scrutinized over ever detail,"

Guys personal quality standards have been a common excuse for the slow production. If Guy's out of the loop production must be booming= Where are the deliveries?

I wonder how many of the fanboy holdouts are just flippers hoping for a payday if Survive? ever comes through...
That's brutal and funny at the same time.

Last edited:
Guys personal quality standards have been a common excuse for the slow production. If Guy's out of the loop production must be booming= Where are the deliveries?[/QUOTE said:
OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark !

I am really shocked that Millit has gotten into bed with S!K. Prior to S!K, they seemed (at least from the outside) to be doing good work. While I am sure that Millit has their reasons, it seems to be just plain stupid to partner so closely with a S!K given their abysmal history. There might be some benefit to Millit, but I am sure that there are a lot of people like me who will have nothing to do with them as long as they are working with S!K.

Has anyone ever actually contacted them and asked them straight up what the deal is? "Heeeey, this is Random Joe Citizen, listen I see you guys are doing some awesome work with Survive?!, and I was wondering, since they are right there in your shop, could you ask that scumbag Guy where the knife I ordered THREE YEARS AGO is, that I was promised I'd be getting within 90 days? I mean, he's got all this time to allegedly work up a design for a folder*, I just figured maybe that means he finished putting an edge on the knife that, let's face it, you guys probably actually made, and he just forgot to send it to me way back when. Could you do that, buddy? Could you talk to Guy or maybe his stooge and henchlady Ellie and FIND MY KNIFE? Thanks. Thanks, buddy."

Scumbags, all of 'em.

*Standard-ass framelock, so innovative :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Has anyone ever actually contacted them and asked them straight up what the deal is? "Heeeey, this is Random Joe Citizen, listen I see you guys are doing some awesome work with Survive?!, and I was wondering, since they are right there in your shop, could you ask that scumbag Guy where the knife I ordered THREE YEARS AGO is, that I was promised I'd be getting within 90 days? I mean, he's got all this time to allegedly work up a design for a folder*, I just figured maybe that means he finished putting an edge on the knife that, let's face it, you guys probably actually made, and he just forgot to send it to me way back when. Could you do that, buddy? Could you talk to Guy or maybe his stooge and henchlady Ellie and FIND MY KNIFE? Thanks. Thanks, buddy."

Scumbags, all of 'em.

*Standard-ass framelock, so innovative :rolleyes:

A few months ago Millit posted about S!K and their work together on Instagram. A few people asked some pretty tame questions about S!K and their business practices / massive backlog. Millit stated that they did not want to discuss that topic and more or less shut down the conversation. Millit says that they and S!K are separate companies, but also that they work in the same location and that "We do operations, and they do operations, we dont really see it as one company or the other completing it in whole. We are both equally executing the Knives to completion!"

A few months ago Millit posted about S!K and their work together on Instagram. A few people asked some pretty tame questions about S!K and their business practices / massive backlog. Millit stated that they did not want to discuss that topic and more or less shut down the conversation. Millit says that they and S!K are separate companies, but also that they work in the same location and that "We do operations, and they do operations, we dont really see it as one company or the other completing it in whole. We are both equally executing the Knives to completion!"

I didn't see that, but hearing that immediately puts Millit on my "Scumbags Not to Deal With" list. If they are fine taking orders for materials and/or delivered work from scumbags who have defrauded a majority of their customer base for years, to the point where they invited this scumbag company to cohabitate in a single shop with them, that's entirely a decision that the Millit guys made. Therefore, to me, that says that they find S?K's method of operations acceptable. Change my mind*.

*Not directed at you specifically.

There were a few questions on the Millit IG page since they posted the F1 rendering. Millit made some replies to people's comments in a bit of a snarky way, now all the posts are deleted. So they are taking some heat for it but that posts still has 1200+ likes. There will be plenty of people who will learn the hard way.

There were a few questions on the Millit IG page since they posted the F1 rendering. Millit made some replies to people's comments in a bit of a snarky way, now all the posts are deleted. So they are taking some heat for it but that posts still has 1200+ likes. There will be plenty of people who will learn the hard way.
I seen that I thought the guy from Millit went a bit over board.

I didn't see that, but hearing that immediately puts Millit on my "Scumbags Not to Deal With" list. If they are fine taking orders for materials and/or delivered work from scumbags who have defrauded a majority of their customer base for years, to the point where they invited this scumbag company to cohabitate in a single shop with them, that's entirely a decision that the Millit guys made. Therefore, to me, that says that they find S?K's method of operations acceptable. Change my mind*.

*Not directed at you specifically.

Just for fun, I posted on Millit's Instagram page and asked how Guy had the time to design these knives and yet could not complete orders that were paid for from 2015. I also mentioned that those orders were supposed to be done by the end of 2015.

Millit has made a big deal about integrating S!K into their shop and how closely they are working together. S!K says that they are working VERY hard on to ship existing orders. With that in mind, I figured Millit should be able to provide some insight as to how S!K is balancing work on new designs and unfulfilled orders from 4 years ago.

Millit replied, saying that the new folder design was not theirs and that they did not know what I was asking. It was a very snarky reply. They subsequently deleted the comment and banned me from their Instagram page.

Millit is a very classy company.

Just for fun, I posted on Millit's Instagram page and asked how Guy had the time to design these knives and yet could not complete orders that were paid for from 2015. I also mentioned that those orders were supposed to be done by the end of 2015.

Millit has made a big deal about integrating S!K into their shop and how closely they are working together. S!K says that they are working VERY hard on to ship existing orders. With that in mind, I figured Millit should be able to provide some insight as to how S!K is balancing work on new designs and unfulfilled orders from 4 years ago.

Millit replied, saying that the new folder design was not theirs and that they did not know what I was asking. It was a very snarky reply. They subsequently deleted the comment and banned me from their Instagram page.

Millit is a very classy company.
Your experience reminds me of an old saying about "Birds of a feather". Millit is aware of whom they're in bed with, they're just hoping to cash in before the inevitable crash happens.

I suspect that Millit plans to play the "victim card" once it does.

It's sad to see Millit go this way, as I feel they were well on their way towards being the premier US based OEM around. Unfortunately, jumping in bed with Survive is bad and then following up on that by addressing consumer concerns with sarcasm and deleting posts paints a very ugly picture. I'll definitely be looking to avoid sending any of my money their way.

Well, now Survive! has the new folder up on their website with the price listed as "TBD". There is a write up about what the "first run" will be.
They have clearly learned nothing.:poop::poop::poop:
Their "production schedule" and their "future production schedule" leaves no room for these folders to be made any time in the foreseeable future without pushing back the completion of current pre-orders by ANOTHER year or two!
Does any other successful knife company do this? Start hyping a new knife most likely more than a year (at least!) before any production could even possibly get started?

Hopefully they'll start taking pre-pre-order orders before they decide a price! :thumbsup:

These guys are a non-stop social media buzz marketing outfit. Do they actually produce many knives? Hard to tell. They're like the Fyre Festival of the knife marketing business. All self promotion, little to no actual business.

BF management did the right thing banning these cons.

I wonder if S!K was beholding to Millit financially from work already done but could not pay for it so Millit is helping them actually make and deliver product in hopes of actually getting paid.

I worked for a company that had to do just that. Our customer was seriously in debt and we basically had to make him more product simply so he could make sales and repay us for both the current and previous work we had done. We did not like it and any conversation involving the whole fiasco got pretty snarky comments as well.

Just a thought

I wonder if S!K was beholding to Millit financially from work already done but could not pay for it so Millit is helping them actually make and deliver product in hopes of actually getting paid.

I worked for a company that had to do just that. Our customer was seriously in debt and we basically had to make him more product simply so he could make sales and repay us for both the current and previous work we had done. We did not like it and any conversation involving the whole fiasco got pretty snarky comments as well.

Just a thought
That is an interesting theory.

That is an interesting theory.

Agree. There is also the whole episode with the attorney that posted on here and claimed to have loaned S!K money. I think the attorney stated that he had extended the period of the loan after S!K did not pay it back after the initially agreed time period.

Although I have no "inside" information about S!Ks finances, some of their behavior would be consistent with an organization with significant cashflow issues.

Just a thought
It's a possibility. Apparently they have already pissed away the insurance pay out from that mysterious fire that happened to the building that they purchased.

Last edited:
Maybe Millet is hedging their bet to pick up the "S!K" line of products and IP (perhaps on $s owing) when the almost inevitable implosion/bankruptcy/criminal charges happen. If it is already in-house when Guy and Ellie go "on the lamb" Bonnie and Clyde style then it is easier to say.... "yep sorry....they are the ones that owe a 'something . something' knife or the dollars for it but we will be great folks and offer you a nice discount on of of our new Millet line of "Thrive!" knives" .... ;)

Just a thought
no idear on s&m, but this exact thing happens a lot in my line of work. so not that far fetched, but who knows..........

Back