• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Has anyone ever actually contacted them and asked them straight up what the deal is? "Heeeey, this is Random Joe Citizen, listen I see you guys are doing some awesome work with Survive?!, and I was wondering, since they are right there in your shop, could you ask that scumbag Guy where the knife I ordered THREE YEARS AGO is, that I was promised I'd be getting within 90 days? I mean, he's got all this time to allegedly work up a design for a folder*, I just figured maybe that means he finished putting an edge on the knife that, let's face it, you guys probably actually made, and he just forgot to send it to me way back when. Could you do that, buddy? Could you talk to Guy or maybe his stooge and henchlady Ellie and FIND MY KNIFE? Thanks. Thanks, buddy."

Scumbags, all of 'em.

*Standard-ass framelock, so innovative :rolleyes:
I called back in the day when this ponzi scheme was relatively new and talked to Ellie herself about when my knife would ship. She lied to me on the phone on three separate phone calls. Just flat out lied.

I called back in the day when this ponzi scheme was relatively new and talked to Ellie herself about when my knife would ship. She lied to me on the phone on three separate phone calls. Just flat out lied.

Ellie and Guy have been lying about a lot of stuff since the beginning. What shocks me is that there is a fan-base that is intimately familiar with how S!K operates and still actively shills for them.

Millit didn't just get into bed with them. Millit is actively promoting S!K on social media and talking about how great Guy and Ellie are. Millit is also becomes EXTREMELY defensive when comments are made about S!Ks business practices and the orders from 2015 that have yet to be filled.

Millit didn't just get into bed with them. Millit is actively promoting S!K on social media and talking about how great Guy and Ellie are. Millit is also becomes EXTREMELY defensive when comments are made about S!Ks business practices and the orders from 2015 that have yet to be filled.
Wow, I don't hear about them outside of bladeforums so that is a first for me. Shame and scandal in the family.

Has anyone had issues with millit knives lately? I was sent an invoice for a knife on January 18th and paid promptly. I asked how it was coming along at the beginning of February and was told that it was almost done and that it would be shipping that week. That was the last communication I have recieved.

Has anyone had issues with millit knives lately? I was sent an invoice for a knife on January 18th and paid promptly. I asked how it was coming along at the beginning of February and was told that it was almost done and that it would be shipping that week. That was the last communication I have recieved.
Seems some 5urvive! is rubbing off on Millit:rolleyes:
Small wonder with the proximity and all.

Can you give more details like what knife it is?

I'm not trying to bash millit knives. I have been a customer of theirs for a few years and bought many knives from them I've always had great communication just lately it seems like things have changed and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experiences

I came here to write that I had a GSO-4.7 that I really liked but it sustained edge damage just from gutting and skinning a deer. The edge rolled in multiple places and when I sent the knife into Survive they said they didn't want to send it back and would send me a GSO-6 in a few months as a replacement (they didn't have any GSO-4.7 in stock). They actually reground and stress tested the knife and made it sound like they destroyed it so there was no hope of returning it anyway. It also rusted in several spots when used only once. I suspect the heat treat was way off but who knows...

That was over a year ago and still just crickets. I think about it every few months and check to make sure Survive is still in business. I am OK with waiting I suppose but I would hate to have them go Belly up and have lost a knife to them when it was once already in my possession.

I came here to write that I had a GSO-4.7 that I really liked but it sustained edge damage just from gutting and skinning a deer. The edge rolled in multiple places and when I sent the knife into Survive they said they didn't want to send it back and would send me a GSO-6 in a few months as a replacement (they didn't have any GSO-4.7 in stock). They actually reground and stress tested the knife and made it sound like they destroyed it so there was no hope of returning it anyway. It also rusted in several spots when used only once. I suspect the heat treat was way off but who knows...

That was over a year ago and still just crickets. I think about it every few months and check to make sure Survive is still in business. I am OK with waiting I suppose but I would hate to have them go Belly up and have lost a knife to them when it was once already in my possession.

I remember when that happened. I can't believe that hasn't been taken care of by now. Well wait, yes I can believe it and I don't know how any of their bullshit still surprises me. Forget the replacement and start ringing those phone lines until you get your money back. These people are terrible business people, and have either totally forgotten about you or think it's okay to make you continue to wait. Remember the guy with the LT Wright blade that posted in your thread? He damaged it, sent it back in, and had it back in his hands in like a week. If Survive had intended to make this right they would have already found a way to get it done.

I suggest that you re-read what Hard Knocks said and do exactly what he said to do. The GSO-6 is still years away from being finished and/or shipped. Get a refund and invest it elsewhere asap!

I remember when that happened. I can't believe that hasn't been taken care of by now. Well wait, yes I can believe it and I don't know how any of their bullshit still surprises me. Forget the replacement and start ringing those phone lines until you get your money back. These people are terrible business people, and have either totally forgotten about you or think it's okay to make you continue to wait. Remember the guy with the LT Wright blade that posted in your thread? He damaged it, sent it back in, and had it back in his hands in like a week. If Survive had intended to make this right they would have already found a way to get it done.
Absolutely 100%

I for one, am very glad that you decided to write this. By and large some of us past Survive! customers and forumites defended them and their business "viability" out of naiveté, self-interest, blind loyalty to our brethren and dare of say, a few, very few, being total shills for Survive! (I have privately discussed with you as to whom I suspect of being incentivized shills but then I'd digress...). Gush, I have even managed by my own past doing to taint my name on here because when the battle was raging hard I could not wrap my head around as to how S! was being accused of being a Ponzi scheme, i.e, taking/raking in new fraudulent investments in order to pay for the older investment commitments. In fact when I realized as to what was actually going on, I came to the conclusion that being a bunch of morons (not all criminals are smart) they were actually running a reverse-Ponzi scheme, i.e, having taken monies from the old investments to p*ss away and then to produce new knives which they were selling marked as Factory-2nds for no apparent and particular flaws in the said knives. The coin dropped too late with me I suppose because I was so blindly dogged on the notion of a U.S. created and based business's longevity so now we are where we are: I have made friends, enemies and frenemies. C'est la vie my friend ;)

As for Machinna: follow what Dave (HK) has suggested and do not sit on your laurels! Badger Millit Knives if need be and must be to get what's due to you. Forget about that stupid GSO-6 which will probably never happen and go for your full refund. The 3V and the D3V which S! also uses is actually the propriety development of another maker on here (as to what, why and how these folks were ever mingled with S! is not going to be a subject of discussion based on speculations) but I will tell you that the way the and the details involved ion the final process of sharpening is absolutely crucial to how that edge holds up like it is supposed to. I very much doubt that the issue was from Peter's HT as I put the blame dead center on Guy's ability or rather inability to do anything according to the receipt / script.

TL; DR: drill, badger and follow up relentlessly with Millit Knives and you let them know that they are and will be using customer because of their apparent take over of S!.

P.S. I read somewhere on their IG response (Millit not S!) directed at one of Blade Forum's W&C dwellers that they have this "us against the world" attitude but ask them if is so, whether they can ever compensate for their long term reputation in lieu of some upfront revenue $tream. If they are convinced that they could, please remind them politely that Survive! miserably failed at that experiment!

Last edited:
That's a bizarre attitude for a company thats business is based upon selling high dollar non-essential products to a small niche market.

IIRC, I saw that comment when our own Spysmasher was making comments on a Survive! related post on Millit's IG account. I do recall a snarky remark to SS, something to the effect of keeping things on a positive vibe on their IG and negativity not being welcome (Millit's IG as S!'s own IG has disabled subscribers' comments). Then as I scrolled down that link that comment which I claim they had made burnt a vivid copy in my memory. FFIW, I've never had any desire in any of Millit's products (too blingy for my tastes) but I do peruse once in a while just for the sake of keeping up with their conjugal charade!

IIRC, I saw that comment when our own Spysmasher was making comments on a Survive! related post on Millit's IG account. I do recall a snarky remark to SS, something to the effect of keeping things on a positive vibe on their IG and negativity not being welcome (Millit's IG as S!'s own IG has disabled subscribers' comments). Then as I scrolled down that link that comment which I claim they had made burnt a vivid copy in my memory. FFIW, I've never had any desire in any of Millit's products (too blingy for my tastes) but I do peruse once in a while just for the sake of keeping up with their conjugal charade!

Conjugal charade???? Priceless and stolen!!!
:D

Back