1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Muk

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by leatherman, May 17, 2012.

1. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    Perhaps next year or within the year hopefully! A swamp muk and or Khukrat would be two blades that even if I didn't actually have the money Id sure as heck try to find it!

2. On The Rocks

On The Rocks

May 31, 2013
    I may be new here but I would take one as well probably a pair, the missus would like one to.

3. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Almost let this one drop off the first page.

The Swamp really deserves its own Muk. :)

4. TheSnakeman

TheSnakeman

Dec 27, 2012
    yes i like this idea thanks Leatherman!!!!!

5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Swamp Muk is loooong overdue!

6. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    It is painfully obvious what is missing from this pic:

[​IMG]

Give us the Swamp Muk please.

7. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Sweet pic! And yes, those two look rather lonely without a Rat to talk to.

8. GODSPEED TACTICAL

GODSPEED TACTICAL Banned BANNED

Feb 24, 2011
    Are we there yet?

:D
    Eli

9. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    I think were only 2 weeks away! :eek:

10. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Nope, not letting this one go just yet, I still wanna see a Swamp Muk! Please?

11. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Swamp Muk would be just the knife that Hindsight's gonna need during his trip to Canada... Just sayin'... ;)

12. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Hunting season is getting awfully close, hint hint. :)

13. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Wanted to Buy: Swamp Muk.

14. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Another one or two...

15. TheSnakeman

TheSnakeman

Dec 27, 2012
    I would like a swamp muk!!!!

16. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    A little wager for Hindsight, if this knife comes to be I'll buy three.

I dont make this lightly as I cannot afford to do it, but if it helps then I'll do it, no question. I'll beg, borrow, and steal to get er done. I'll sell things, I'll have big sales on my work, and I'll do what I have to do to get three of all different configurations of handle and blade coating colors.

How many are with me on this??

17. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    In for atleast 1 here and Im not much for the muk design. If I were to though Id want it in SR101

18. zcd

zcd

Jun 6, 2012
    The name fits so well it just has to happen. Where do you normally find a lot of muk? The swamp of course

19. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Gold Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I've "muk'ed" out my pond once this summer, will do so once more before the Fall begins, and the chore reminded me how interested I am in this model. I was perusing the web this past weekend looking at other versions, customs and what not, but none quite peaked my interest like the idea of a Swamp Muk!

It's been a few pages, so here's that concept art again. Anyone have alternate design suggestions? I feel like we're making this easy for them, but perhaps not easy enough ;)

[​IMG]

20. Shotgun

Shotgun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2006
    No I'm digging this one. I prefer the Busse model to the Scrapyards as far as the blade geometry. The Scrapyard is not my cup of tea. Also, I think SR101 is the right steel for this type of knife so let's get one already. :(