SYKCO Is proud to Introduce the "One Mean Gladius-15" (OMG-15). . .Coming 6-12-2022 at 9:00 PM Eastern

Seems like the FMV14's skinny cousin.

The Force Multiplier V14 Specs:
Blade Length: Approx. 14 1/8"
Overall Length: Approx. 20 1/2"
Blade Width: Approx. 1 3/4"
Blade Thickness: Approx .250"
Weight = Approx. 32 oz.
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Technology

-------------------------------
OMG-15
Blade length = Approx. 15”
OAL = Approx. 22.5”
Blade Width = Approx. 1.68”
Thickness = Approx. .220”
Weight = Approx. 23 oz.
Bevel = Shallow Hollow CBT
Steel = SR-101
Hardness = 58 – 60 Rc
Handle = Black Res-C

Last edited:
Jerry Busse Jerry Busse Is this the same RES C as the TNT and if so I'll pass. The TNT RES C felt slippy and harder than normal. I feel like it will slip out of your hand and don't have confidence in it. I passed on the DT 12 because of it and so far never seen an answer about the TNT and have had a few people say the same thing to me.

Last edited:
Welp... any chance these will be ready in time for Christmas in July?

Guess I'll be needing a Stonewashed OMG for myself but the Raw Dog sure looks nice, might have to change my mind before tomorrow.

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse Is this the same RES C as the TNT and if so I'll pass. The TNT RES C felt slippy and harder than normal. I feel like it will slip out of your hand and don't have confidence in it. I passed on the DT 12 because of it and so far never seen an answer about the TNT and have had a few people say the same thing to me.

Actually, the DT-12 seems to have the softer and grippier handle material but I expect these will be identical to the TNT because of the added length. Maybe, just maybe, we will get an answer affirmatively from Jerry.

I use self fusing tape on all my handles even on res-c. It's the best thing ever!!! And looks really sexy

Welp... any chance these will be ready in time for Christmas in July?

Guess I'll be needing a Stonewashed OMG for myself but the Raw Dog sure looks nice, might have to change my mind before tomorrow.

Actually, the DT-12 seems to have the softer and grippier handle material but I expect these will be identical to the TNT because of the added length. Maybe, just maybe, we will get an answer affirmatively from Jerry.
Thanks Chris hopefully. I heard the DT 12 was softer and grippier but I didn't know that at the time when they were released so I left ordering one as it being similar looking to the TNT turned me off it, plus there was no mention of the TNT having a different feel to previous RES C so I didn't like it.
Thanks N number41 someone else mentioned that tape to me as well but I never had an issue with RES C before and I don't want to have add something that I never needed before.

Last edited:
The DT-12 does have a softer res c than the TNT-15. I much prefer the softer variety. Which will this have?
So that just the middle to the bevel? It would be nice to.know what the overall is approximately?

I think I the handle will be similar to the TNT-15, and that 1.68” is the entire blade width, edge to edge.
The widest point on the TNT-15 handle (the hilt?) is approximately 2.25”

Lot of questions in this thread. Would be nice to get some answers before ordering a sword.
I would like to know which version of res-c it will be, TNT or DT ?

Seems like the FMV14's skinny cousin.

The Force Multiplier V14 Specs:
Blade Length: Approx. 14 1/8"
Overall Length: Approx. 20 1/2"
Blade Width: Approx. 1 3/4"
Blade Thickness: Approx .250"
Weight = Approx. 32 oz.
Steel: INFI
Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Technology

-------------------------------
OMG-15
Blade length = Approx. 15”
OAL = Approx. 22.5”
Blade Width = Approx. 1.68”
Thickness = Approx. .220”
Weight = Approx. 23 oz.
Bevel = Shallow Hollow CBT
Steel = SR-101
Hardness = 58 – 60 Rc
Handle = Black Res-C

The OMG and TNT are VERY close is specs.

Blade Length: Approx. 15"
Blade Width At Center Of Blade: Approx. 1.28"
Overall Length: Approx. 22.5"
Thickness: Approx. 1/4" (.250)
Steel: SR-101
Handle Material: Resiprene C
Bevel: Shallow Hollow CBT
Weight: Approx. 23.9 oz.

The blade width of the OMG-15 is approx. 1.68" from edge to edge on the straight part of the blade. That makes it .400" wider than the center of the TNT-15.

The OMG-15 is the same handle as the TNT-15.

Sword length blades require a higher durometer handle material due to a variety of performance requirements such as vibration transference, compression, etc. . .

I can assure you that it would have been much cheaper for us to use the same durometer Res-C, and not have to invest in a custom blended material.

Our extensive testing led us to the conclusion that the higher durometer Res-C was, by far, the best option.

There are an enormous number of TNT-15s out there, and the facts are that we have yet to hear of an issue with the grips being slippery under heavy use.

The grooves in the handle greatly reduce any chance of slippage, but in the end, any handle can slip depending on how tightly you hold it.

Extensive testing at the shop has not shown any issue with slippage.

This fear of slipping is based on speculation.

Trust us, we only make the highest performance knives possible and we spare no expense nor any cost.

We do not take short cuts and our 40 years of knifemaking verifies this statement.

These swords offer a level of performance that should cost much more than what they are being sold for.

If we ever stop drinking and sober up, you can expect a HUGE price jump!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

I know it was the same as the tnt-15. I haven’t even got my DT12 and when I heard of squishy handles I lol. My hg Basic 8 has a textured handle but the tnt did not. I would guess it’s the same Res c. Great material in my opinion, love it.

Back