SYKCO Is proud to Introduce the "One Mean Gladius-15" (OMG-15). . .Coming 6-12-2022 at 9:00 PM Eastern

The blade width of the OMG-15 is approx. 1.68" from edge to edge on the straight part of the blade. That makes it .400" wider than the center of the TNT-15.

The OMG-15 is the same handle as the TNT-15.

Sword length blades require a higher durometer handle material due to a variety of performance requirements such as vibration transference, compression, etc. . .

I can assure you that it would have been much cheaper for us to use the same durometer Res-C, and not have to invest in a custom blended material.

Our extensive testing led us to the conclusion that the higher durometer Res-C was, by far, the best option.

There are an enormous number of TNT-15s out there, and the facts are that we have yet to hear of an issue with the grips being slippery under heavy use.

The grooves in the handle greatly reduce any chance of slippage, but in the end, any handle can slip depending on how tightly you hold it.

Extensive testing at the shop has not shown any issue with slippage.

This fear of slipping is based on speculation.

Trust us, we only make the highest performance knives possible and we spare no expense nor any cost.

We do not take short cuts and our 40 years of knifemaking verifies this statement.

These swords offer a level of performance that should cost much more than what they are being sold for.

If we ever stop drinking and sober up, you can expect a HUGE price jump!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Tip of the hat, Boss. I'll drink to you guys continuing with the drinking... :)

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse appreciate the answer on the TNT grips. It definitely has a different feel to it and the higher Durameter blend mix explains this as I found it doesn't have the tactile nature of all my other RES C blades which I love and I have a lot.
I might try a soft media mix and blast the RES C handle to get a bit more texture .
I don't have a light grip I can assure after 26 years as a mechanic I don't have soft hands. With a pair of Mechanix gloves I found it fine but bare handed as I've always used my blades I noticed it .

Thanks for clearing that up so I can make a better informed decision.
Always a big fan and Busse is the reason I'm always broke.

Glad to hear the details…pretty cool stuff going on with the res c behind the scenes.

Maybe the financial investment for the harder blend of res c will mean more Yard/Basic sword designs for us in the future. Hope so.

"
These swords offer a level of performance that should cost much more than what they are being sold for.

If we ever stop drinking and sober up, you can expect a HUGE price jump!

Let's Drink!

Jerry"

Then by all means, please keep the bourbon flowing!

How did you get the weight down so low? That's about the same as the old Condor Combat Machete (which I love) which is also shorter.

Raw Dog and Competition look pretty similar to me. I actually see more machining marks on the Flats of my Competition TGULB than on the flats of my Raw Dog TNT.

The Nuclear P&L Statement was my first Stonewashed order, so I haven’t gotten to see it in person yet.

While I’m not much for the look of coated blades, I appreciate the added protection it provides to high carbon blades. I live in a fairly humid environment.

Currently leaning towards Raw Dog, as the CBT really seems to pop on this one.
Then again, the more subdued, less reflective finish of the Stonewashed is an attractive feature.
But, so is the the way a Hammered Silver blade shoots out of a kydex holster. It’s almost like magnetic repulsion.
It’s also fun to say, “OMG Raw Dog Finish”, so….

Last edited:
I'd imagine that given the "Sting" like proportions of the OMG, the LOTR crowd would make the Midnight Blue coated swords a preferred collectable for many years to come on ebay.

people will surely need one for each hand, swinging 4 edges around might be trouble though

spartacus-blood-and-sand-3.jpg

Back