Tacticlol Knives II: The Return of Ridiculous

When Jason Brous finds out MTech stole his design he's gonna be steamed.

I seriously thought it was another dig at Brous and their blood spatter pattern until the second picture showed the Mtech logo.

I'm legitimately disappointed that "jewel encrusted battle shorts" was not a product I could buy. I now have a project.

I'm a "Mick", so can you do up some "jewel encrusted tactical kilts" as well? I mean, unless that would be too much awesome. I don't want to break the Internet (before I'm ready).

Oh I loved and missed this thread.

maxresdefault.jpg

You must work in the sewers of New York. Where all the hardcore trench fighting happens with giant rats and mutated turtles. 😋

It's albino alligators, according to Pynchon.

You're right Henry!!! There were stories while growing up in Brooklyn NY of people flushing baby gators down their toilets........they grew to 40' in the sewers!! When rubber balls went down the sewer no one would EVER reach in there t get it!!
Scared the snot out of us when we were kids and I wish I had a weapon like the one posted above to fight them off!!
Joe
As a resident of Brooklyn, NY I can put everyone's fear to rest and confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that there are NO gators living in sewers of NYC. There is no way they can afford to live within the 5 boroughs with rents being so high and have likely moved to Jersey.

"I want you guys to produce a Damascus folding knife for me, with jigged bone handles."
"Jigged bone handles. Got it."

kCE3QRu.jpg

aWucgTN.jpg

That is a Jigged chicken drumstick handle...
-------
As a resident of Brooklyn, NY I can put everyone's fear to rest and confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that there are NO gators living in sewers of NYC. There is no way they can afford to live within the 5 boroughs with rents being so high and have likely moved to Jersey.

Not true, the rent is high for those (un?)lucky enough to live above the street level.

Those of us in Jersey live in the sewer and I have Yet to see a gator.

Last edited:
Some of those pictures hold true poetry. The dragon with bottle opener wings is a milestone in Kitsch.

Another one:
makers & modders have fallen prey to the rock texture fad...

Henceforth; anything with the "rock" texture added is tacticlol; sorry not sorry... ;)

4d479dead2a61dbae24212478d9847e7.jpg

DEDBDB5535B546EBBF63B4FBE85A1754.jpg

2805.jpg

Good work guys; good work... ;):rolleyes::foot:

I think you may have confused "tacticlol" with "doesn't fit my personal taste"; Rock texturing is just decorative, not tacitcool.

/slightly defensive
/having a knife made with that kinda texturing along the spine

I think you may have confused "tacticlol" with "doesn't fit my personal taste"; Rock texturing is just decorative, not tacitcool.

/slightly defensive
/having a knife made with that kinda texturing along the spine

Not confused in the slightest; it's on many knives that are tacticlol on their own; rock texture or not... ;):thumbup:

For example; this "butcher" neck knife:

DSC_0419.jpg

The original; and best looking rock texture IMHO:
knives2010.jpg

Another one:
1_dee36185d9b616f16083a2fe735f1e37.jpg

Many knife makers & modders have fallen prey to the rock texture fad...

Henceforth; anything with the "rock" texture added is tacticlol; sorry not sorry... ;)

4d479dead2a61dbae24212478d9847e7.jpg

DEDBDB5535B546EBBF63B4FBE85A1754.jpg

2805.jpg

Good work guys; good work... ;):rolleyes::foot:

guns-replaced-thumbs-up-20.jpg
Never knew that the Aztecs and other Native Americans were Tacticool. I love Bladeforums, I learn so much! Could you tell me which malls and truck stops they preferred?

latest

288fa3b5f38455d81423065f0be11b57.jpg

Never knew that the Aztecs and other Native Americans were Tacticool. I love Bladeforums, I learn so much! Could you tell me which malls and truck stops they preferred?

latest

288fa3b5f38455d81423065f0be11b57.jpg

That's my point; the originators of the "rock texture" weren't tacticlol at all... Refer to the last picture in my post above.

It was a pattern that occurred because of the process/technique (flint knapping); not just something that was added because it looks neat.

Last edited:
Honestly I kinda dig the rock looking Pingo definitely added some style to whats in my opinion an ugly looking knife (but I hear that it is very functional, especially in countries with tough knife laws.) But I think I am definitely going to invest in a blade-a-rang what a useful tool to have around the camp site i can use one end for food prep WHILE simultaneously using the other for making wood shavings for kindling!!!

I was gonna bump this one anyway, because, skulls.

14OZN6C.jpg

In addition to skulls/fire/predatory animals represented on the knife, I think any folder with a notch cut into the back of the handle, saying it's a "shroud cutter", is at least close to "tacticlol".

Last edited:
1_dee36185d9b616f16083a2fe735f1e37.jpg

Aren't you supposed to catch a boomerang on its way back? Wouldn't doing so result in severed digits like the scene in the Road Warrior in which the bad guy tried to catch the little kid's boomerang? I'd be interested to see the hands of the guy who tested this brilliant innovation.

Back