Take the Gold or Open The Box! - WINNER!

Im in, That lambsfoot is really nice! I check the forum multiple times a day but dont post a whole lot, i guess im on the quieter side. Anyway, im 47 and been married to my second wife for a little over 5 years. We have 6 kids (my 2 and her 4). We enjoy going to auctions and the normal huntn and fishn. Ive been in the Natural State my whole life. I got back into pocket knives about 3 years ago and im terribly addicted. Now when i got to auctions i buy every knife i can in addition to old axes and anything else with a blade. I usually drink Miller High Life in the bottle (cheap and flavorful) and really like rye whiskey and dip Copenhagen long cut, all bad habits that im sure ill have to quit as i get older haha. Ive enjoyed reading this thread because it helps put a real person to forum names thanks for the chance Jack Black! This is me and my extremely better half.
bb1a6251e82480201a0dca38bea47ce0.jpg

Last edited:
Great GAW Jack! I love the idea. Please count me in.

I am 42 and have two daughters ages 9 & 11. Both are in gymnastics so it seems I spend a majority of my free time driving them to and from the gym and at meets on the weekends. I love traveling and the outdoors, and don't get to do either enough as I would like. I enjoy a glass of bourbon, or a pint of beer from time to time, but don't smoke at all.

I'm in! I'm 37 raised by a Vietnam Veteran so I understand the true meaning of respect and responsibility. I've recently gotten back into traditional after a couple years of playing with the new stuff. Oddly enough, I came to BF looking for advice on how to fix my first knife, a Victorinox Gardener from the 70's that my father gave me at the age of 4. I have a 15 year old daughter that also collects knives, and does Archery and gun shooting with me. I also bake and cook with her.

Half/Stop-"Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? Must be something inside" -A.Ant
Thanks, Neal :D

Thanks a lot for entering fellers :thumbup:

Im in thanks Jack. As of oct 25th 2016 I had 9 years clean and sober. My 12 step program opened the gates of hell and let me out. Thank God!!

Thanks for posting guys, just thought I'd give this thread a bump, probably draw it next week :) :thumbup:

I'm in!
I'm a total hack at whittling and drawing, work full time in printing, make sketchbooks and journals, do graphic design and sell art supplies.
I keep looking for a knife for my son (even though I found a birth year SAK) and for certain milestone times in my life but I'm sure those are all excuses. I just like knives.

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Thanks for entering Neko, good luck to you and everyone else :thumbup:

I'm in, thanks for the opportunity, Jack, very nice knife you are giving away. In two weeks I will be 64, easing into retirement. I have two children, a son and a daughter, three granddaughters aged 12, 10 and 3 and one grandson aged 7. Other than spending time with the grandkids and looking at knives, I like to fish, hunt (moose, preferably) and do some carpentry (have to rebuild the family cabin this summer, it was destroyed by a forest fire a year or so ago). My son and his wife, along with the two youngest grandchildren moved to Glasgow, Scotland last August. Hopefully, will get over to visit them sometime in the future and will take some extra time to travel around (my wife has family near Oxford). Last time I was in England/Scotland was in 2003 and I really wasn't into traditional knives that much. I am looking forward to poking around in antique stores and "boot sales" to see what I can find.
Dan

Last edited:
OK, I've been pinching myself for an entire week, and this thread is still here, I haven't awakened from a wonderful dream, and apparently this thread represents an actual opportunity to possess a knife like Jack's legendary luminous lambsfoot, IMHO one of the most memorable knives I've seen posted here in 3+ years!!! :eek::D:thumbup:

So I'm in, with every fiber of my being!
Thanks for an amazing GAW, Jack! :cool: I like your gameshow set-up, although I have to confess that for me, a glowing incandescent oxhorn in the hand is worth far more than almost any two knives in The Box! I've also enjoyed reading about some of the other Forum members in this thread. :thumbup:

A few words about myself. I'm 65 years old (5x13, that seems quite unlucky :rolleyes:). I'm a Christian husband of one wife (for almost 32 years), father of one daughter (for more than 28 years), mathematics teacher of thousands of students (for almost 45 years), and supposed "master" of 3 dogs (for about 6 years with the current menagerie). I was raised on a small dairy farm, and have been an early riser and a "long hours" worker ever since. My father could do almost any kind of skilled work: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, engine repair and maintenance, welding, HVAC, woodworking, etc. I never seemed to get the knack of ANY of that stuff (including knife sharpening)! :( I used my Colonial Forest-Master every day for 8 years back on the farm, and then went essentially knifeless for the next 45 years. Almost exactly 3 years ago my wife found an old Imperial jack knife that she'd gotten from her father and gave it to me. I cleaned it up, decided I would start carrying a pocket knife again and maybe try to rescue a few yard sale knives if I could find them, somehow ended up at Blade Forums, and everything spun out of control in the realm of pocket knives!

When time permits (which seems to be less often as I get older), I enjoy bridge, chess, crossword puzzles, reading novels of many genres (but mostly detective/mystery/suspense/thriller stuff). I'm still a sports participant (mostly basketball, softball, and strength training these days) and fan (although I watch almost no sports on TV any more). I smoked, mostly cheap cigars, for almost 45 years, but haven't smoked since Christmas Eve 2014; definitely a good move in terms of respiratory health, but life is more stressful without smoking! The only alcohol I drink is a bottle of beer at supper each night (and often at lunch, too, on weekends).

Thanks again for this generous GAW, Jack, and for all of your other contributions here (including your legendary gift packages)!
Best wishes to all the other entrants! :D

- GT

Thanks for your generous entry GT :)

I have a bit of a spare time today, so I am going to draw it soon. I just need to write out all the names and put them into my cap!

I remember the gameshow being very exciting when I was a small kid, audience members would be shouting out, "Take the money!" Or "Open the box!" So feel free to do that in the comfort of your own homes! :D

I have added a few more knives, and if the winner chooses to 'open the box' they'll win at least 4 knives. The choice between going for the 'Gold' Lambsfoot, or taking a chance on opening the box, is up to them of course.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has posted, what a great bunch of folk. Your contributions will give me plenty of ideas for the future :)

Good luck all of you :) :thumbup:

Jack

If you use the "who posted" function you should be able to highlight/copy all the names and then paste it into word/notepad. Then print and cut them apart, save yourself some hand cramps ;)

Who posted

~Chip

Thanks a lot Chip, that's a great tip :thumbup: You're a lot smarter than me, I'll try that next time! I've just finished, and I must admit that halfway through, I really wished I'd used a Random Number Generator! :D I hadn't realised quite how many people had entered! Great to see though, thanks everyone :) :thumbup:

Here's the cap. Don't worry, I'll close my eyes when I make the draw! ;) :D :thumbup:

Once more good luck everyone :thumbup:

Just giving all the entries a final shuffle :thumbup:

Drum-roll!

Back