Tell me about WE knives please.

Every nation has intelligence works in every nation that's worth a salt. For sure Russia is still currently, but I'm sure it won't deter folks from pleasuring and jacking the bearings orgasmically off of their Shirogorovs. But for some reason China always sets people off. I'm not assigning moral judgment on anybody, but inconsistency is inconsistency.

The Chinese have hacked US DoD computers, stolen our IP, lied about the details and origin of a virus that caused a pandemic. And are killing/torturing a group of their own citizens. All within the past 12 months.

I'm with you!

I definitely don't support doing business with countries where a disturbingly high percentage of the population supports and acts to violently overthrow the government.

That's why I've been buying French knives

:eek::p

I like Opinel, too. About the rest of your comment....

The Chinese have hacked US DoD computers, stolen our IP, lied about the details and origin of a virus that caused a pandemic. And are killing/torturing a group of their own citizens. All within the past 12 months.

And Russia has done similar things, and has been for a while, but no one seems to be against buying russian products. What about Russia having bounties on our soldiers heads?

Just a thought.

And Russia has done similar things, and has been for a while, but no one seems to be against buying russian products. What about Russia having bounties on our soldiers heads?

Just a thought.
The Russian bounty was a hoax. Russia is not nearly as aggressive as the Chinese.

But you aren’t wrong, there is something up with Russia, too. I own zero Russian made knives.

I prefer to buy from the US, Canada, Japan and Europe. More or less in that order. It isn’t always possible but after the Chinese hacked our .gov and their mendacity surrounding COVID, I really don’t want to give them money.

The Russian bounty was a hoax. Russia is not nearly as aggressive as the Chinese.

But you aren’t wrong, there is something up with Russia, too. I own zero Russian made knives.

I prefer to buy from the US, Canada, Japan and Europe. More or less in that order. It isn’t always possible but after the Chinese hacked our .gov and their mendacity surrounding COVID, I really don’t want to give them money.

I only read something from one person who said it was a hoax. Everyone else said it hasn't been fully confirmed. Well, neither here nor there.

As for the hacking, every country is doing it, even our own. Doesn't make it right, but our government isnt as innocent as some people think.

I also own no Russian knives. Not because I don't think they are not deserving of my patronage, but because I think they're overpriced. But I can tell you my Reate made Evo Typhoon was very worth the price.

Shirogorov just doesn’t roll off the tongue, either.

discussion-derailed.jpg

Thanks for helping completely derail my thread. Are you done yet? Has your self importance ran its course or you still have more to say?

Thanks for helping completely derail my thread. Are you done yet? Has your self importance ran its course or you still have more to say?
“Your thread”. Talk about self importance.

I see you aren’t calling out the people I was discussing the subject with. The ones that agree with you.

“Your thread”. Talk about self importance.

I see you aren’t calling out the people I was discussing the subject with. The ones that agree with you.
Guess I need to ignore you also. I didnt give an opinion on your ridiculous soliloquy. Narcissism at its finest.

Guess I need to ignore you also. I didnt give an opinion on your ridiculous soliloquy. Narcissism at its finest.

Please feel free to ignore me. It will save me having to hear your passive-aggressive bleating.

Warning issued.
It's OK to say "I won't buy a knife made in China" once in a thread. Because that is your preference and it is OK to state your preference.
But to go on and on defending your position is not acceptable in General Forum. Go post that stuff in the Political forum.

To kind of get the train back on track I would just like to say (politics aside)
That I would say that WE has definitely earned my trust as far as making a quality knife....

So when it comes down to buying one I know all I have to decide is if I like the design and if I can afford it.... that’s peace of mind that I don’t get from say Benchmade (which I also love but...)

To kind of get the train back on track I would just like to say (politics aside)
That I would say that WE has definitely earned my trust as far as making a quality knife....

So when it comes down to buying one I know all I have to decide is if I like the design and if I can afford it.... that’s peace of mind that I don’t get from say Benchmade (which I also love but...)
I'm going to be purchasing one for myself after handling my wife's 606D. Im very impressed. And to get that kind of quality at the prices we knives are its a no brainer.

I mostly know WE from their budget brand, Civivi. I've had several knives from Civivi and I've given a few as gifts. I've taken apart every single one for inspection, lubrication, etc. Versus other knives in that price zone, they are consistently among the best. They have good actions. The blades get nice and thin behind the edge. They ship with clean internals (none of the grime and stray tool marks often seen on budget knives). The fit and finish is on par with much more expensive knives. I definitely appreciate that they use T8 body screws.

I also had a Ferrum Forge knife made by WE. Quality was similar.

If I had call for a more expensive knife and saw a design I liked by WE, I wouldn't hesitate.

I mostly know WE from their budget brand, Civivi. I've had several knives from Civivi and I've given a few as gifts. I've taken apart every single one for inspection, lubrication, etc. Versus other knives in that price zone, they are consistently among the best. They have good actions. The blades get nice and thin behind the edge. They ship with clean internals (none of the grime and stray tool marks often seen on budget knives). The fit and finish is on par with much more expensive knives. I definitely appreciate that they use T8 body screws.

I also had a Ferrum Forge knife made by WE. Quality was similar.

If I had call for a more expensive knife and saw a design I liked by WE, I wouldn't hesitate.

I got a Praxis when they first came out, and taking it apart was a revelation. Those original $42 Civivi models (Praxis, Baklash, Naja) all had skeletonized, mirror polished and colored liners. I have the black G10 with gold liners, and the thing is shockingly nice for a knife that cheap.

I got a Praxis when they first came out, and taking it apart was a revelation. Those original $42 Civivi models (Praxis, Baklash, Naja) all had skeletonized, mirror polished and colored liners. I have the black G10 with gold liners, and the thing is shockingly nice for a knife that cheap.

I got one of the early Najas. It ended up being my most carried knife that year, at least outside of the office. It's fantastic.

I held off on the Baklash because I didn't like the blue liners. I later got one of the ebony wood models without the blue liners and I love it.

Back