The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

I am seriously digging how the Hinderer stonewash takes an anodize. I think I'm currently teetering on the edge of the Hinderer customization rabbit hole :eek:
w58DkV2.jpg

20200221_200548.jpg 20200221_200557.jpg

Had this proper done by @Rose and Thistle Custom. Got with Josh and when over the details the first of January for a February delivery. Everything I wanted. I'll get some better picture later. It came in last night. Had a long day today. Can't wait to see what the lion steel scales look like when it gets done. And coming soon is the CRK insingo that's out with WValtakis WValtakis .

Like most all my modded knives, save for the most minor hardware changes and scale installation, I can't claim any expertise or hands-on creation for this one. My involvement was only the luck to find and the ability to purchase. The 801 is a great platform for modding and this one was subbed out by the previous owner who got the custom pivot from one source and then had the anodizing and sanding done by a German modder. This knife has become a drawer queen as its Ti bolsters scratch so easily. The last time I carried it I spent an entire evening re-sanding the handle slabs to remove all the fine scratches from a day's use. Bit-by-bit I've been selling off most of my queens, but this is one of those that will likely stay with me.

idx2dca.jpg

TTmYoYV.jpg

RknTCV0.jpg

nMv7SdI.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of ZTs, and one of the things that bothers me is that their blades are like billboards with all the text on them. I like that there's nothing left here but the serial #.

onVm2NR.jpg

Like most all my modded knives, save for the most minor hardware changes and scale installation, I can't claim any expertise or hands-on creation for this one. My involvement was only the luck to find and the ability to purchase. The 801 is a great platform for modding and this one was subbed out by the previous owner who got the custom pivot from one source and then had the anodizing and sanding done by a German modder. This knife has become a drawer queen as its Ti bolsters scratch so easily. The last time I carried it I spent an entire evening re-sanding the handle slabs to remove all the fine scratches from a day's use. Bit-by-bit I've been selling off most of my queens, but this is one of those that will likely stay with me.

idx2dca.jpg

TTmYoYV.jpg

RknTCV0.jpg

nMv7SdI.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of ZTs, and one of the things that bothers me is that their blades are like billboards with all the text on them. I like that there's nothing left here but the serial #.

onVm2NR.jpg

Great mod!
I have a week spot for the 801 and 808.:)

View attachment 1288504 View attachment 1288505

Had this proper done by @Rose and Thistle Custom. Got with Josh and when over the details the first of January for a February delivery. Everything I wanted. I'll get some better picture later. It came in last night. Had a long day today. Can't wait to see what the lion steel scales look like when it gets done. And coming soon is the CRK insingo that's out with WValtakis WValtakis .

Great
View attachment 1288504 View attachment 1288505

Great work! That totally changes the knife in a good way.

"Nuggeted" the pocketclip screws and the backside of the trigger to match the rest of the screwheads:cool: Also seen is the pocketclip off an old Mission MPF to replace the steel knifekits.com clip:D

Screenshot_20200303-003813_Photos~2.jpg

Back