The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Sharp & Fiery, May 10, 2019.

1. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Nice!!! Josh @razor-edge-knives does amazing work!! Your T1 looks great!!
    I did similar to my T1. Found it slippery so I half blasted it... Lower half blasted, upper half original finish.
    B0D5E32B-7E31-4337-9CF1-5365174F3469.jpeg C249FCAD-4A90-4DF6-99A9-8905D06F9529.jpeg

2. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Oh I like that too. I found it too to be quite a slippery snake. It's what the T1 should have had in the beginning. A very underrated piece IMO.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  3. Wilfred17

Wilfred17 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    this thing needed a diet, still haven't decided on the spots pivot, it seemed a bit much on the show side, might try and find something bigger than existing screw and smaller than original. voodoo resins scale with white g-10 liner. makes the weight perfect now. IMG_20200112_223711.jpg

4. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Best EDC ever right? :)[​IMG]

5. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
  6. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    Drilling and tapping Ti is pretty easy after a little reading
    [​IMG]

JerseyFresh85, JonesE, loon#r and 9 others like this.
  7. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
  8. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    Bugout clip was a game changer on the 0640 for me. Anyone know how to sterilize the blade at home? If not, anyone know who will regrind this for me and sterilize it? :)

[​IMG]

9. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sigsog226, Sharp & Fiery and Aryan29 like this.
  10. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I was reawakened to this thread again and went back in my files to pull out my first Griptilian and first pair of aftermarket scales. I got these from the Big River Site where I initially found our friend Igorded who had these green canvas Micartas pre-made and for sale there along with plain Ti standoffs and screws. This simple mod opened the floodgates for both the acquisition of more Grips, the changing of scales, and tinkering with and tweaking my knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wilfred17

Jan 18, 2016
    IMG_20200113_131159.jpg work in progress, once I got it cleaned up I remembered or realized that I don't like camo.
    if I can get these to where it's not so fiddly to assemble I'll probably donate to someone who appreciates camo

12. Wilfred17

Jan 18, 2016
    This! I love it.

13. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    Melted the FRN with a fat flathead driver...

14. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    This is the part I love:thumbsup:;)

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  15. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Don't know about best ever but good enough that I did one and carried it today 20200113_072256.jpg

16. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    There are some modifications in this thread that I can't decide if I love or hate.
    What I love all the way around is the fact that people are doing what they like and making their knives truly their's.

Some that really got me were the folks tearing into a CRK which is supposedly immaculate from the factory.
    I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that. The mods I saw on CRKs looked top notch, however.
    Good work coupled with the fact that these individuals had the balls and know-how to do such a thing makes me respect it.
    I also love the fact that we/ they really don't worry about a bunch of purist naysayers. They do what they like!
    That's the way it should be.

For purists that are solely collectors, purchasing a knife is "the end" in many ways.
    Don't get me wrong, I have respect for these people as well. I'm almost envious of their clean, organized collections.
    They preserve the history of our passion.
    It's just that for modders and true everyday users of blades, purchasing a knife is only the beginning of evolution, and that is the most exciting for me.

May we all grind, carve, shred, and slice everyday we can!

17. jmj540

jmj540

Mar 28, 2014
    I love Camo ! I'm a t-7 para, I use mine as a EDC , nice and small.

Wilfred17 likes this.
  18. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Here I go again, wrecking CRK’s . Haha. @Korean Hog (all jokes)

Who needs a Sebenza 31 when you can just fill the locating hole with a MOP inlay on a Large Damascus Sebenza 21. This time I recessed the MOP, and made a larger chamfer on the hole. Twas fun!
    B1567DF3-74BE-41FE-BDFA-0DB23DFE9C88.jpeg

Did a little heat coloring on a Lionsteel Opera...which is a fantastic knife by the way.
    9FD0C789-0AE6-4D1C-A310-9D32A1C3B699.jpeg
    6846229A-0461-4B95-AB84-BA180D904C1B.jpeg

Thanks to all who have been contributing to this thread! :)

19. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Man the 21 looks sharp brother. Really nice work. Love the modded CRK's you own. Your the one that inspired me to have my insingo done.

Dcdavis and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  20. ourgon

ourgon

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]